• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Mechanics

More Like

Gay Mechanics
Like this?

871-FA47-A-B856-4-CE7-8-D7-B-A0-F6017-F7917.jpg

I loathe the image upload system of Fandom. Its so goddamn archaic it hurts. I feel bad for anyone who tries to source profiles with as much scans as possible. Why can't Fandom just yoink Imgurs system. Its so clean and fast man...
Fr fr
Whoever decided not to make it better is literally a psychopath.
Even if they don't copy the stuff Imgur does, just make it a tad bit less tedious.

I loathe the image upload system of Fandom. Its so goddamn archaic it hurts. I feel bad for anyone who tries to source profiles with as much scans as possible. Why can't Fandom just yoink Imgurs system. Its so clean and fast man...
I hate it even more now. For whatever reason, Fandom dosnt want to believe that some images i'm trying to upload are PNG and throws a hissy fit. But it ******* breaks down when I try to name it .jpeg (Which is what Fandom is telling me, is the actual data typ for that image), but guess what, every converter website, my pc included, considers the image png, so what the **** fandom???

And why do you do this to only some images, but other images from the SAME ******* SOURCE are obviously png??? ******* Fandom pulls a "wElL aKShUalLy" on me but is straight up wrong? WHO PROGRAMMED THAT GARBAGE?

I hate it even more now. For whatever reason, Fandom dosnt want to believe that some images i'm trying to upload are PNG and throws a hissy fit. But it ******* breaks down when I try to name it .jpeg (Which is what Fandom is telling me, is the actual data typ for that image), but guess what, every converter website, my pc included, considers the image png, so what the **** fandom???

And why do you do this to only some images, but other images from the SAME ******* SOURCE are obviously png??? ******* Fandom pulls a "wElL aKShUalLy" on me but is straight up wrong? WHO PROGRAMMED THAT GARBAGE?
Don't think that has anything to do with Fandom but the file itself, if you only change the name jpg to png it won't fully changed and it will give errors on many things if you try to use it/upload it

I think I understood what you said 🙈

Don't think that has anything to do with Fandom but the file itself, if you only change the name jpg to png it won't fully changed and it will give errors on many things if you try to use it/upload it

I think I understood what you said 🙈
Nope, its 100% Fandom. Fandom basically misidentifies some images. I know this for a fact because only Fandom dosnt consider my images png. In Fandoms eyes im trying to upload Jpegs named pngs, while every Datatype converter considers them proper pngs.

But alright, lets assume my PC and the websites I tried are wrong. Why does this happen to some of my scans only? All ripped from the same mangasite? Who would randomly upload page 1 as a jpeg and page 2 as a png?

But alright, lets assume my PC and the websites I tried are wrong. Why does this happen to some of my scans only? All ripped from the same mangasite? Who would randomly upload page 1 as a jpeg and page 2 as a png?
Then probably they did something to the files by changing the names or something to png even tho they are actually jpg files, that's the only thing I can think of

Then probably they did something to the files by changing the names or something to png even tho they are actually jpg files, that's the only thing I can think of
And im telling you that this is not the case, because I had to convert the affected Images to jpg in order to upload them to Fandom. I coudnt convert them to png, because every website and my PC classified them as png.

And im telling you that this is not the case, because I had to convert the affected Images to jpg in order to upload them to Fandom. I coudnt convert them to png, because every website and my PC classified them as png.
Then jpg is what the file is meant to be set to 🤔

Can you give the not working png file? If you want tho, could maybe understand more

Sure can do buddy

Picture 4 is how it is, straight ripped from the source.

Picture 5 is how my pc classified it as well
And the source is a random manga scan site?

also just because it says it's a png file doesn't mean it actually is... Man hard to explain 🙉

if I uploaded a jpg file somewhere and upload/changed it as png then you download it, it will be downloaded as a png file even tho it's not... It think something like that is what's happening.

Last edited:
It's not very long so honestly I could probably make the profiles myself when I get back to reading it, if you need me to.
Nah its alright, I may slack with the side characters though. Right now Alice is in Stats hell with 0 calcs. Shes currently stuck in table destroy hell while characters pull giant wholes through dozens of cm of concrete feats on the regular

Nah its alright, I may slack with the side characters though. Right now Alice is in Stats hell with 0 calcs. Shes currently stuck in table destroy hell while characters pull giant wholes through dozens of cm of concrete feats on the regular
Alright, just let me know if you need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back