• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

we should ban fra trains it's really that easy
Yes and no.

Yes FRA trains suck and should be sent to the void moreso when one opposition user gets dogpiled by several peeps from the supporters and kinda gets bullied off the thread (vice versa too).

No if it was that easy, it would've been implemented ages ago also keep in mind it takes awhile for standards and preconceptions to change here plus like with all good things, it's only a matter of time until someone finds a way to abuse as well as misuse it.

Yes and no.

Yes FRA trains suck and should be sent to the void moreso when one opposition user gets dogpiled by several peeps from the supporters and kinda gets bullied off the thread (vice versa too).

No if it was that easy, it would've been implemented ages ago also keep in mind it takes awhile for standards and preconceptions to change here plus like with all good things, it's only a matter of time until someone finds a way to abuse as well as misuse it.
FRA trains are already abused and misused
Majority rule when a sample size is 20 people at best tends to be extremely unreliable for obvious reasons, so people should be forced to make their own arguments instead of just giving more points to one side and leaving

everyone should just stop using fra regardless
+ being an fra guy just makes it impossible to argue with you, since they always rely on the person whose arguments they agree with, but even if those are debunked they 99% of the time they never come back to the thread

everyone should just stop using fra regardless
+ being an fra guy just makes it impossible to argue with you, since they always rely on the person whose arguments they agree with, but even if those are debunked they 99% of the time never come back
Then you can just exclude their votes until they come back to vote again. I know this results in a dead thread most of the time, especially when it comes to CRTs, but still.

Or you can just like, not debate with them, and go somewhere else.

I find it's easier to just not engage with people who piss you off in debates, than to continuously kick and scream about it.
I kinda learned that lesson in that one thread.

I think you what I'm talking about...

unknown.png

Pet Peeve: Someone makes a CRT that has an unpopular opinion (such as the recent outer DB thread and that one Naruto one) then people just come and clown on the OP.

It's not really funny. While I get you may disagree with them and the take may be super hot/bad. A lot of power scaling is mostly left up to interpretation and some people just have a different interpretation than you. Just cause they don't share the same views doesn't give you the right to be a dick and clown on them. Some of these CRTs have actual work put into them and sure they may have not read past threads that already disputed their claims, but that just means you should politely refute them and get them the info they need to be on track with the current standards. It really isn't an invitation to go "LOL YOU'RE STUPID AND WRONG!"

Sorry about the rant, it just really annoys me cause I hate seeing borderline witch-hunting like that.

Pet Peeve: Someone makes a CRT that has an unpopular opinion (such as the recent outer DB thread and that one Naruto one) then people just come and clown on the OP.

It's not really funny. While I get you may disagree with them and the take may be super hot/bad. A lot of power scaling is mostly left up to interpretation and some people just have a different interpretation than you. Just cause they don't share the same views doesn't give you the right to be a dick and clown on them. Some of these CRTs have actual work put into them and sure they may have not read past threads that already disputed their claims, but that just means you should politely refute them and get them the info they need to be on track with the current standards. It really isn't an invitation to go "LOL YOU'RE STUPID AND WRONG!"

Sorry about the rant, it just really annoys me cause I hate seeing borderline witch-hunting like that.
look, those who's gooning there (myself included) is also wrong I can vouch for that

but the dude who make that didn't even register what @Shmooply's debunk so what's the point in debunking the dude who didn't even want to hear other people's debunk in the first place

but yes, we're at fault too, and I'm sorry for that

but yes, we're at fault too, and I'm sorry for that
This wasn't a direct call out to anyone (I apologize if it seemed that way). But I'm glad you at least acknowledge it's a bit of a problem. I think the best thing to do when someone just won't listen to debunks and is too hard-headed is to just send the proof, ask a mod to come and check out the thread then it'll probably get closed.

This wasn't a direct call out to anyone (I apologize if it seemed that way). But I'm glad you at least acknowledge it's a bit of a problem. I think the best thing to do when someone just won't listen to debunks and is too hard-headed is to just send the proof, ask a mod to come and check out the thread then it'll probably get closed.
it didn't really help when he's baiting to "debunk" his claim even though he will 100% ignore every good or bad debunk

but eh, should've ignore the dude

Current RoR ratings. Since I have started rereading the series again, it's pretty clear most of the cast aren't planet busters, if any. They don't even have the AP for that. The series is littered with flowery language and realistically the characters scale to City level+ and if I'm allowed to speculate, Mountain level at best. I plan on making a CRT after I've recreated DKD profiles, which might take a couple of weeks. So yeah, that's currently my biggest pet peeve.

Back