• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seriously been soooooo ready for fighting someone.... Training isn't fun at all, idk if it's fun I want or not but I just need to fight someone seriously... Not to the death tho... Spar in boxing is fine 🙈

Alright, let's get this thread back on track.

1) Anyone who thinks skill matters in fights between characters that are above tier 8-C are cringe.

2) Pain Tolerance isn't an ability, and I'm tired of people still putting it on profiles when it was discussed it isn't an ability.

Y-Yeah, totally... 👉👈
giphy.gif

1) Anyone who thinks skill matters in fights between characters that are above tier 8-C are cringe.
It's literally the most important thing in a fight... Just because you don't know how to measure skill, doesn't mean it's cringe
2) Pain Tolerance isn't an ability, and I'm tired of people still putting it on profiles when it was discussed it isn't an ability.
Would be an endurance feat, not sure why it's on profiles.
It would be resistance to pain manipulation but some don't fully understand the difference between endurance and pain tolerance... They thing they can just endure stuff but that's not fully what it is... Like you can lose liters of blood and be in pain... Endurance is how much damage it is to make you weaker or run out of stamina while pain tolerance is when you feel pain way less than someone else, something like that

Would be an endurance feat, not sure why it's on profiles.
Tempted to make yet another CRT about it now that I'm seeing more profiles with it and mini CRTs proposing to give characters that. The brainrot has gotten so bad I've seen people suggest Pain Tolerance for a character performing an obvious type 2 immortality feat.

The only time when skill doesn't play a big factor in a fight is when there are two characters with a shit ton of hax.
In most cases that's literally the only/biggest factor to know who wins if both are haxed af... If both can one shot each other via hax, then the debate will be how fast (understanding each others abilities), how skilled, timing, efficiency, trickery and everything of that type which will be mostly skill related arguments

Tho if there's alot of abilities of both characters and the other has superior abilities, then the skill aspect won't matter/won't be brought up that much and won't change the chances of winning as much

It's literally the most important thing in a fight... Just because you don't know how to measure skill, doesn't mean it's cringe
Uh it matters but like, even if you had a Bruce Lee with nigh omniscience and analytical precog, he wouldn’t be able to do shit to someone like Homelander. Calling it “the most important thing in a fight” is just a lie

Uh it matters but like, even if you had a Bruce Lee with nigh omniscience and analytical precog, he wouldn’t be able to do shit to someone like Homelander. Calling it “the most important thing in a fight” is just a lie
It actually would.... He would easily win then... Like literally no diff homelander if Bruce Lee was that smart

And it's not a lie, it's the truth... It is the sole reason humans are at the top/control of everything

He would go “haha I know you’re about to shoot me with a laser, because I am infinitely skilled“ and then gets lasered and dies
That's what an average-above average intelligent person would do... Bruce Lee just being supergenius can win against homelander, I don't think you understand what you can do when your that high of intelligence.... If you know nearly everything, you can literally know how to alter reality, hit atoms, read their mind, control them and soo much more it's insane, just think of Rick from Rick and morty and that's just super genius, Omniscient is insane... Literally like we can't understand, like you can't even explain it so 🤷‍♂️🙈

Also there's no way... I'm sorry if this rude, but to not already know about this... Is insane to me 😅

just think of Rick from Rick and morty
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand powerscaling. The terminology is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of quantum physics most of the matches will go over a typical reader's head. There's also the powerscaler's consumerist outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from light novels he jacks off to, for instance. The members understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these matches, to realize that they're not just interesting- they say something deep about FICTION. As a consequence people who dislike powerscaling truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the scaler's existencial catchphrase "ur a wanker," which itself is a cryptic reference to Freud's theory of Fathers and Sons rivalries I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as the average battleboarder's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a tattoo of my favorite isekai character. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand powerscaling. The terminology is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of quantum physics most of the matches will go over a typical reader's head. There's also the powerscaler's consumerist outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from light novels he jacks off to, for instance. The members understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these matches, to realize that they're not just interesting- they say something deep about FICTION. As a consequence people who dislike powerscaling truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the scaler's existencial catchphrase "ur a wanker," which itself is a cryptic reference to Freud's theory of Fathers and Sons rivalries I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as the average battleboarder's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a tattoo of my favorite isekai character. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
Sadness

That's what an average-above average intelligent person would do... Bruce Lee just being supergenius can win against homelander, I don't think you understand what you can do when your that high of intelligence.... If you know nearly everything, you can literally know how to alter reality, hit atoms, read their mind, control them and soo much more it's insane, just think of Rick from Rick and morty and that's just super genius, Omniscient is insane... Literally like we can't understand, like you can't even explain it so 🤷‍♂️🙈
Hitting atoms has nothing to do with being smart, it’s just about having precision beyond what’s physically possible for a human

Hitting atoms has nothing to do with being smart, it’s just about having precision beyond what’s physically possible for a human
If you know everything... You can easily find multiple ways of doing that, bro pls... Don't be like this 😓 just use brain and think

Pet peeve: I heavily dislike how people in certain fanbase's seem to only actually like a verse because it happens to have strong abilities. It's as if they don't even pay attention to the story, characters, plot, or whatever, and simply try and dig for more feats to calculate, more abilities to add, more statements to wank. And people who are just obsessed with making VS matches with the same OP character from a series over and over again simply irk me the wrong way. People like this legit have VS Wiki brainrot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back