• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Pokemon is the most downplayed verse offsite ngl. People fully ignore the pokedex feats (funnily enough some of the best feats come from actual anime or game feats) and claim they're written by 10 y/o trainers (spoiler alert, we just help with the research, the actual info is written by professors and we either help complete it or unlock it).
When you bring up actual visual feats they'll do their best to downplay them with some bs.
Sometimes it feels like it's specifically Pokemon that gets the brunt of that kind of downplay. "POKEDEXES MAKE NO SENSE, NO WAY POKEMON ARE MACH SPEED!! " mf Leon's Charizard breaks the sound barrier casually and that's with passengers on its back. People will ignore everything just so they can fit something into their personal idea of that thing.

Pokemon is the most downplayed verse offsite ngl. People fully ignore the pokedex feats (funnily enough some of the best feats come from actual anime or game feats) and claim they're written by 10 y/o trainers (spoiler alert, we just help with the research, the actual info is written by professors and we either help complete it or unlock it).
When you bring up actual visual feats they'll do their best to downplay them with some bs.
Sometimes it feels like it's specifically Pokemon that gets the brunt of that kind of downplay. "POKEDEXES MAKE NO SENSE, NO WAY POKEMON ARE MACH SPEED!! " mf Leon's Charizard breaks the sound barrier casually and that's with passengers on its back. People will ignore everything just so they can fit something into their personal idea of that thing.
I have seen some... disagreeable takes on Pokemon powerscaling lately on Youtube.

I feel quite a lot of the takes for verses offsite is either horrible downplay or terrible wank ngl.

I feel quite a lot of the takes for verses offsite is either horrible downplay or terrible wank ngl.
Yeah, the strangely the Nintendo gang usually gets hyped up a non-stop in a lot of circles (Mario, Link and especially Kirby, for example) among non vs scalers, which makes it weird to hear about Pokemon downplay for everyone who isn't Arceus.

I am not reading allat. Can they avoid Kirby inhaling them? That's all that matters.

I swear every single time I unironically see someone try to say yugioh characters cap at tier 10, I get closer to losing it, like MF are you just going to ignore that the cards are REAL and everything to do with DM and GX and 5Ds and ZeXaL in favor of "um ackshually, they just use cards, so they are human level."

I swear every single time I unironically see someone try to say yugioh characters cap at tier 10, I get closer to losing it, like MF are you just going to ignore that the cards are REAL and everything to do with DM and GX and 5Ds and ZeXaL in favor of "um ackshually, they just use cards, so they are human level."
something beyblade characters also suffer with whats with me and beyblade they think just killing a character will mean winning battle like dawg you need to beat a big red dragon that will most likely one shot you if he goes all out
edit:not to forget that pegasus can fly into milky way within seconds so you wont even see bey coming at you and you are already at heavenly gates dawg

something beyblade characters also suffer with whats with me and beyblade they think just killing a character will mean winning battle like dawg you need to beat a big red dragon that will most likely one shot you if he goes all out
edit:not to forget that pegasus can fly into milky way within seconds so you wont even see bey coming at you and you are already at heavenly gates dawg
I mean it isn't just that, we get like, explicit confirmation that these mfs scale to their cards

“No Pokémon is planetary because Cynthia in an out of context quote said so, also ignore the multiple feats that disproves this including the one like 10 minutes prior”.

Ok, but have you ever ever considered: Meteor?

I think what's really funny about people ignoring the Pokedex (not just in versus debates, but in general) is that the franchise often goes out of its way to show that Pokedex entries are real, and it also goes out of its way to show that the player is not the one writing it.

I think what's even funnier is that people who try to argue that the Pokedex doesn't make sense use basically the three or four exact same entries (that they probably heard from some YouTubers using them as examples in videos that are many, many years old) when the series gives explanations for why they work without destroying everything around them.

I think what's really funny about people ignoring the Pokedex (not just in versus debates, but in general) is that the franchise often goes out of its way to show that Pokedex entries are real, and it also goes out of its way to show that the player is not the one writing it.

I think what's even funnier is that people who try to argue that the Pokedex doesn't make sense use basically the three or four exact same entries (that they probably heard from some YouTubers using them as examples in videos that are many, many years old) when the series gives explanations for why they work without destroying everything around them.
The Macargo one is usually brought up, the one that says that is hot as the sun or something like that.

The Macargo one is usually brought up, the one that says that is hot as the sun or something like that.
It's actual Pokedex entry says that it is 18,000 degrees Fahreinheit, or almost twice as hot as the surface of the sun (which is also the coolest part of the sun).

Now, people reasonably wonder, well, why are things not burning or melting around it? Well, we've seen several times that Fire-Type Pokemon can control what they effect with their temperature and flames (for example, there was a Ponyta in the anime that burned Ash because it didn't trust him, even it's normal rider could ride it fine, and there was a more recent example in one of the Poketoons where a Macargo could essentially turn its heat on and off to heat or cool its Trainer's house).

It's actual Pokedex entry says that it is 18,000 degrees Fahreinheit, or almost twice as hot as the surface of the sun (which is also the coolest part of the sun).

Now, people reasonably wonder, well, why are things not burning or melting around it? Well, we've seen several times that Fire-Type Pokemon can control what they effect with their temperature and flames (for example, there was a Ponyta in the anime that burned Ash because it didn't trust him, even it's normal rider could ride it fine, and there was a more recent example in one of the Poketoons where a Macargo could essentially turn its heat on and off to heat or cool its Trainer's house).
Also it's pretty obvious Pokéhumans aren't regular humans when psychic abilities, aura manipulation, straight up magic and more are all known phenomena for humans in Pokémon world to possess (if anything they're morelike mutants from Marvel and meta-humans from DC). Also there are Pokéhuman NPCs that are immortal and let's not even get started on all the nonsense professor Oak survives in the anime (from getting his soul ripped out to being sucked into a black hole) also Ash (a pokéhuman kid) can carry/push Pokémon more than double his body weight.

It all just feeds into the lore that Humans and Pokémon were one species plus other implications from everyone's favorite lore dump library in the Sinnoh region which includes PokémonxHuman relationships, cannibalism and genocide. I like how all this is considered "kid friendly" but gambling with fictional currency is where the line is drawn in an industry that's invested with mircotransactions and gacha with actual money.

Also it's pretty obvious Pokéhumans aren't regular humans when psychic abilities, aura manipulation, straight up magic and more are all known phenomena for humans in Pokémon world to possess (if anything they're morelike mutants from Marvel and meta-humans from DC). Also there are Pokéhuman NPCs that are immortal and let's not even get started on all the nonsense professor Oak survives in the anime (from getting his soul ripped out to being sucked into a black hole) also Ash (a pokéhuman kid) can carry/push Pokémon more than double his body weight.

It all just feeds into the lore that Humans and Pokémon were one species plus other implications from everyone's favorite lore dump library in the Sinnoh region which includes PokémonxHuman relationships, cannibalism and genocide. I like how all this is considered "kid friendly" but gambling with fictional currency is where the line is drawn in an industry that's invested with mircotransactions and gacha with actual money.
and it's not like it is unique to specific individuals too. Hisuian humans get attacked by Pokemon constantly and live. This is the same game where any and all Pokemon, even a tiny lvl 1 bottom tier Magikrap, can shatter one of the boulders which block the road which if I remember correctly was like high end 9-B or low end 9-A.
In one of the episodes from the recent anime the grass type gym leader who looks like he needs some milk just jumps down from a windmill that is easily like 10 meters or more and casually does a landing.
Humans in Pokemon do not operate by human standards and exceptional humans can train with their pokemon and clash with them at times.

It all just feeds into the lore that Humans and Pokémon were one species plus other implications from everyone's favorite lore dump library in the Sinnoh region which includes PokémonxHuman relationships, cannibalism and genocide.
Yeah, Pokémon humans are genuinely, as the kids say, "built different."
I like how all this is considered "kid friendly" but gambling with fictional currency is where the line is drawn in an industry that's invested with mircotransactions and gacha with actual money.
Well, those lines aren't in the English versions of the games (or are at least downplayed a lot), and they got rid of the game corners because of EU laws about gambling in games aimed at young kids (or gambling making a game have a higher age rating, I don't remember which).

Pokemon is the most downplayed verse offsite ngl.
On the flipside, Kirby is sort of wanked offsite. I'm not actually talking tiering, more so the very stupid "He beats everyone" crap that is also kinda attached to Superman
At the very least, even if you downplay Manga/Anime Yugioh to Street level, Card lore Yugioh is unquestionably pretty high into tiering like with World Legacy and Duel Terminal

Last edited:
Thinking about this more, in the Manga/Anime they literally explain they used to trap spirits into tablets to play the games even back in ancient egypt and that there is such a thing as a "Duel Monsters" spirit type realm, not to mention explicit card monsters that literally interact with the real world like God cards, Yubel, Jinzo, Don Zaloog, Crimson Dragon, Zarc etc. etc.

People are just speedwatching/speedreading or wanting to headcanon that they are generic holograms.

On the flipside, Kirby is sort of wanked offsite. I'm not actually talking tiering, more so the very stupid "He beats everyone" crap that is also kinda attached to Superman

At the very least, even if you downplay Manga/Anime Yugioh to Street level, Card lore Yugioh is unquestionably pretty high into tiering like with World Legacy and Duel Terminal
I can at least understand Kirby because of the inhale BFR+Transmutation plus the mountain of other haxes he has.
Superman is just dumb. He's very strong, obviously, but people who wank him just act like he's this invincible god for no reason

Tbh, some Pokedex statements can be rather contradictive, like for instance, it's stated that Garchomp could fly but yet in the games it can't even learn the HM Fly

Last edited:
I can at least understand Kirby because of the inhale BFR+Transmutation plus the mountain of other haxes he has.
Superman is just dumb. He's very strong, obviously, but people who wank him just act like he's this invincible god for no reason
Not saying Kirby is weak by the way, i just roll my eyes whenever this sort of thing gets brought up like in that RelaxAlax Smash power video

I kinda hate when u ask a staff to evaluate a CRT, but they ignore you and instead evaluate someone's CRT that was requested to him after mine😭
Sadly, that's just how the cookie crumbles around here, as the reason could stem around these reasons: You either requested them to evaluate a CRT that would most likely seem impossible for some of them to verify due to their lack of knowledge, or rather that they're not interested in the kind of verse that you request to evaluate most likely due to it's controversy or their own personal feelings.

Sadly, that's just how the cookie crumbles around here, as the reason could stem around these reasons: You either requested them to evaluate a CRT that would most likely seem impossible to for some of them to verify due to their lack of knowledge, or rather that they're not interested in the kind of verse that you request to evaluate most likely due to it's controversy or their own personal feelings.
Ye, which is why its hard to get input for small verses except if u ask Dark or Bambu

I wouldn't be shocked if staff are apprehensive about evaluating a verse. DBH for example is a behemoth of things to cover and requires some in-depth knowledge to properly analyze and evaluate. SW Legends is in the same vein imo

Back