• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd love to talk to you more but it's kinda impossible when you're around random threads all the time and freedom of speech is being more limited than ever
Near the top right of your screen there's a small icon to the left of the search bar that looks like a piece of mail. If you click on that, at the bottom of the drop down click "start a new conversation."

Then, when prompted to enter a recipient, you can type "RandomGuy2345" and you can send him a message that only the two of you can see, and there you can discuss whatever you like and send each other memes or trash talk or do whatever. You can even add new people to the conversation, and have your own private discussion without moderation.

clear the cache, clean up some space, i'd love to talk to you more but it's kinda impossible when you're around random threads all the time and freedom of speech is being more limited than ever
Nah it's neither the cache or space.

I had this issue for a little while. I was planning to download other apps on my phone, but they refused to download.

Near the top right of your screen there's a small icon to the left of the search bar that looks like a piece of mail. If you click on that, at the bottom of the drop down click "start a new conversation."

Then, when prompted to enter a recipient, you can type "RandomGuy2345" and you can send him a message that only the two of you can see, and there you can discuss whatever you like and send each other memes or trash talk or do whatever. You can even add new people to the conversation, and have your own private discussion without moderation.
yeah, a thing where only 5 people can be added. It's garbage and only suitable for mini-pms, clearly far far far worse than an actual thread or discord. You're telling me we have food at home and point at a piece of cheese in the rat trap in the corner.

oxtail is ******* great dude
IMG_7562.jpg

actual pet peeve: I hate bureaucracy. I hate the methods we must take to offer an air of legitimacy to our processes. Everything gets bogged down and delayed and sometimes just forgotten. If this isn't bad enough, there are those that will actively abuse our processes towards their own ends, often making a reasonable conclusion impossible from the start.

it's mind numbing, man.

My totally serious pet peeve is that people sometimes forget that VS debating is supposed to be nothing more than a fun hobby, and get to serious about it. This heavily harshes the mellow of people who just wanna have fun talking about "who would win between generic anime MC 1 or random version of Batman".

'Tis why I don't find indexing or VS debates very enjoyable at all nowadays.

My totally serious pet peeve is that people sometimes forget that VS debating is supposed to be nothing more than a fun hobby, and get to serious about it. This heavily harshes the mellow of people who just wanna have fun talking about "who would win between generic anime MC 1 or random version of Batman".

'Tis why I don't find indexing or VS debates very enjoyable at all nowadays.
Prefer indexing as a result, myself. Think I'm still one of the top 5 biggest contributors of new pages.

Same, I'm just here for the indexing tbh. It's why I'll probably be here a lot less frequently after my Touhou wank compendium drops, because since day 1 that was the main thing I wanted to index... and honestly, even after nearly 2 years, it's something I still love researching. maybe i'll index more obscure shit if i can find a way to bludgeon my adhd to death but until then everything beyond 2hu is too much of a pain in the ass to research lol

Unrelated but I hate how "can fight hundreds of fodder enemies at once" is treated as a skill feat. If they couldn't be killed en masse with 0 effort then they wouldn't be fodder lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back