• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unrelated but I hate how "can fight hundreds of fodder enemies at once" is treated as a skill feat. If they couldn't be killed en masse with 0 effort then they wouldn't be fodder lol
I remember in one vsthread I saw a dude unironically say another guy was more skilled because he was able to easily beat a 9-A who had high skill. Keep in mind this dude was tier 6 so he was arguing that a tier 6 had comparable skill to a tier 9 because he was able to beat him.

Weren't you planning on adding Risk of Rain?
Yea

I still need to do that, especially now that I know how to make a profile that doesn't suck. Also need to get the Void DLC. Mostly though, I've been thinking about indexing some early to mid-2000s games I love like Supreme Commander or Torchlight, and I also said I'd help out with Lupin III revisions whenever those start.

What Tier is Touhou again?
8-B, 7-B, H6-A, & 2-C, ignoring future changes ofc

I remember in one vsthread I saw a dude unironically say another guy was more skilled because he was able to easily beat a 9-A who had high skill. Keep in mind this dude was tier 6 so he was arguing that a tier 6 had comparable skill to a tier 9 because he was able to beat him.
Skill threads were a mistake, actually.

I've played the Void DLC, had to help my friend through the boss. Took forever and he died instantly so it was just the lonely artificer smh.

Skill threads were a mistake, actually.
Indeed they are, that's why I'm making a blog to chart down the skill chain for 40k because as my name implies, everything I do is a mistake and to disappoint.

Also because 40k literally won't get any new revisions until Siege of Terra ends and they just announced a third book in what was supposed to be a two book series.

Boutta become the new Earl except with actual scans and references

Actually my new pet peeve is how many verses I need to clean up/build from scratch because that shit is exhausting. Neon White, Supreme Commander, Torchlight, Lupin, Risk of Rain, Gunfire Reborn, whatever the hell is wrong with Drizzt's page (this dude literally scales to Drizzt's completely nonexistent 6-C scaling lol), and a bajillion roguelike/RTS/ARPG games I like.

Indeed they are, that's why I'm making a blog to chart down the skill chain for 40k because as my name implies, everything I do is a mistake and to disappoint.

Also because 40k literally won't get any new revisions until Siege of Terra ends and they just announced a third book in what was supposed to be a two book series.

Boutta become the new Earl except with actual scans and references
Best of luck to you, hoping to do the same with Touhou because they have some incredibly straightforward and stupid skill feats.

I ******* hate skill debates, they're marginally worse than tiershit
How much more based can you get smh

I gotta say, the Notable Wins/Losses in the profiles is the most irrelevant part of them. Especially when you click on some of them and they're basically FRA trains.

Actually, looking at Artemis' profile, while the hell does a character primarily stemming from a novel not use any scans or feats from, y'know, the novel he's from?
None of us have read the novels, and the people that do keep leaving lol

Someone asked me about an Artemis page so I did it based on his given stats, since those are still considered to be canon despite his primary canon being novels.

Honestly, if you wanted to do the Drizzt novels for us and try to make it play nice with his official stats, you'd do the DnD guys a favor. If you wanted to do Elminster while you're at it, that'd be rad.

None of us have read the novels, and the people that do keep leaving lol

Someone asked me about an Artemis page so I did it based on his given stats, since those are still considered to be canon despite his primary canon being novels.

Honestly, if you wanted to do the Drizzt novels for us and try to make it play nice with his official stats, you'd do the DnD guys a favor. If you wanted to do Elminster while you're at it, that'd be rad.

thanos-fine-ill-do-it-myself.gif

no promises on elminster though

thanos-fine-ill-do-it-myself.gif

no promises on elminster though
Coward. Elminster *****, but he's such a pain in the ass to index. Dude appears in every type of media DnD has. Hell, he's even related to the ******* sorcerer in the new movie.

the cool thing about Risk of Rain 2 is that all the enemies and items have lore entries, which can help provide further context and maybe even get new feats from.

I'd be happy to help with their profiles if there are efforts to make them.

Devils are lawful evil, which is definitely 4e, I think. 5e has gotta be a Daemon or Yugoloth (neutral evil).
So what's the chaotic evil D&D version? Surely it can't be 3.5e, a version which historically has no flaws.

the cool thing about Risk of Rain 2 is that all the enemies and items have lore entries, which can help provide further context and maybe even get new feats from.

I'd be happy to help with their profiles if there are efforts to make them.
In my experience the lore entries tend to be pretty vague in places, I remember having some difficulty figuring out what would actually apply to certain items or if some feats would apply to Mithrix or Providence. Although one of them gets an arguable 4-A pocket dimension feat from the lore entries so, lmao

Monke's weird and unwarranted Toehoes ******** has brought up another pet peeve of mine: people forming opinions on a series from VS debates and CRTs.

So many people will say that they hate a verse simply because of their experiences with it on the wiki, but have never actually tried to engage with these series to see if they are actually bad. Instead, they form baseless opinions because X verse happens to have a lot of controversy or Y verse is super duper high-tiered or strong. It's actually quite childish.

So what's the chaotic evil D&D version? Surely it can't be 3.5e, a version which historically has no flaws.
2e for sure. They physically were disbarred from playtesting it, they just wrote shit and shipped and made more of what worked.

3e is neutral good, 3.5e is chaotic good, 1e has so many ******* variations but the basic premise is probably lawful neutral.

Also, a verse's community can say alot about it.
Touhou fans/supporters here are absolute barbarians.
This isn't an insult. We all know it. It's true.
And this gives the verse it self a bad look. I mean, just what is Touhou like to have fans like that?
This doesn't apply to everything but I feel it's mostly true about a good amount of stuff.
For example, Naruto fans are certified goobers, absolute goofballs.
But fans of, say, Cowboy Bebop, are more down to earth and cool.
I got into the latter anime because the fans are dope and don't overrate it or anything, but I don't want to get into Naruto because of how batshit insane some of the fans are lol (plus the animation is ass).
I might be wrong, but the fanbase of a series can really show whether or not that series is good sometimes.

Last edited:
And this gives the verse it self a bad look. I mean, just what is Touhou like to have fans like that?
This doesn't apply to everything but I feel it's mostly true about a good amount of stuff.
I got into the latter anime because the fans are dope and don't overrate it or anything, but I don't want to get into Naruto because of how batshit insane some of the fans are lol (plus the animation is ass).
I might be wrong, but the fanbase of a series can really show whether or not that series is good sometimes.
You're about half right, half of the Touhou supporters on here I try not to interact with at all because they suck shit and exemplify everything I hate about the fandom.

Unless this post was about me, in which case there's a pipe bomb in your mailbox.

You're about half right, half of the Touhou supporters on here I try not to interact with at all because they suck shit and exemplify everything I hate about the fandom.

Unless this post was about me, in which case there's a pipe bomb in your mailbox.
One: It wasn't really about you, no.
Two: I've had people try to send pipe bombs to my mailbox before.
I now register my mailbox as Donald Trump's mailbox.
You just became a terrorist.

is the implication here that sending explosives to you is not terrorism and therefore entirely legal

I don't exactly agree with the theory "goofiness of the fan base = quality of the series", but to each their own I suppose.

is the implication here that sending explosives to you is not terrorism and therefore entirely legal
"the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."
I don't exactly agree with the theory "goofiness of the fan base = quality of the series", but to each their own I suppose.
Well it doesn't apply to every series and their fan base, but you get the idea.
Going by this logic, I wonder what Pokemon would look like considering how Nintendo fans act.
Don't get me started..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back