• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who get irrationally defensive or angry when someone even slightly criticizes their favorite series.

Like someone will really just say "I don't find X character that interesting" and then some guy is ready to jump their ass and kill their family.
I've seen this happened so much for both criticism and favoritism. It almost feels like no one is allowed to enjoy or dislike anything.

Criticize something you didn't like, you'll get "fans" defending how good it was.

Say you really enjoyed something, someone has to butt in and explain why it's actually horrible.

It's so exhausting to hear that kind of stuff time and time again, no matter which side I'm on.

And it gets really annoying when I have a similar opinion to the side that's being an ass to the other. When that happens, I just don't feel like speaking at all, or else people think I'm a fanboy or a hater. And I don't want to give support someone who's being a jerk either, even if I somewhat agree with them.

So I've learn that just ignoring the fandom itself is usually for the best.

Last edited:
I wasn't referring to you, I haven't been reading the comments about that topic ever since I made my own. Since I knew it didn't mean much to me.

It just so happens that I have horrible luck and run into these situations a lot while I'm lurking somewhere.

The problem is more when someone expresses they dislike something and spite it often but never want to express why at all.
Yeah it's a bit more difficult dealing with people who are beating around the bush. Some people say a lot of things that don't really have meaning at all. It's also its own form of stonewalling.

Include that with people who are being disingenuous at it, and people who act stupid. It's bad faith argument that's really meant to destroy any sort of constructive discussion.

I wasn't referring to you
I know lol, I'm just kidding.

I relate. It happens a lot.

God I absolutely hate how people don't understand layering. A lot of people just treat any improvement in hax as a new layer, which leads to insane degrees of wank. I genuinely believe that virtually no verse goes above 10 layers in any ability.

The alternative is just accepting this and wanking my own verses to the high heavens with the same logic, but I'm not completely morally bankrupt yet.

God I absolutely hate how people don't understand layering. A lot of people just treat any improvement in hax as a new layer, which leads to insane degrees of wank. I genuinely believe that virtually no verse goes above 10 layers in any ability.

The alternative is just accepting this and wanking my own verses to the high heavens with the same logic, but I'm not completely morally bankrupt yet.
The reason why I try to avoid legit debating about anything related to a verse that's considered "OP" unless it's incredibly basic.

Big fax

When indexing a video game or a video game series, I dislike it when people tell me to just watch a playthrough or get all my stuff from the game's wiki instead of replaying through the game myself. Plenty of those wikis are inaccurate or have actual headcanon on them, and video games have so many hidden things, with said hidden things that could change how you view a character from a powerscaling perspective completely. If I ever manage to finish my other wiki projects, I'll try to bring back some dead, obscure JRPG verse here back from the dead, so I hope I won't fall into that lazy mindset.

When indexing a video game or a video game series, I dislike it when people tell me to just watch a playthrough or get all my stuff from the game's wiki instead of replaying through the game myself. Plenty of those wikis are inaccurate or have actual headcanon on them, and video games have so many hidden things, with said hidden things that could change how you view a character from a powerscaling perspective completely. If I ever manage to finish my other wiki projects, I'll try to bring back some dead, obscure JRPG verse here back from the dead, so I hope I won't fall into that lazy mindset.
Oh you want scans? Here watch a 3hr playthrough of this visual novel about dhebangs doing the kebangs while badongs are shebangings

Not canon ending btw.

I think its more of a problem with verses and franchise that realies heavily upon its own lore for some things to make sense

You could even argue the context is the entire lore

If I were good at video games and had the motivation to play them, I'd see if I could help a brother out.

I3EbNAk.png

?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back