• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
WWE Fans when they see Bambu's profiles in the Profile Deletion Thread

giphy.gif
make good profiles, don't get them deleted, simple

Sargatanas is a god-tier profile, no notes

Profile AP ratings that are essentially fan fictions because of personal interpretations and KE calcs that ignore important details within the story and author’s intentions. Examples for the former includes many CRT where characters (Arceus…..) are upgraded from Tier 2 to Tier 1 or are upgraded a level higher in Tier 1. An example for the latter would be the claim that the Death Star possesses 7x10^38 joules of power because it blew up a planet smaller than Earth. I get it, the math checks out. However if the Death Star truly possessed power millions of times above baseline planet level, then the plot wouldn’t require it powering up for an extended period of time to bust a planet. It’s also very likely that George Lucas didn’t intend for the Death Star to possess power anywhere close to destroying Earth millions of times over in a single shot.

Remember how you spent 3 nights machine translating that obscure Japanese VN to get scans for your tier 1 upgrade, only for it to get shot down?

It was me, Barry.

I posted your thread on all the staff's message walls so they'd swoop in and close the thread before you had a chance to say anything.
It was me, Barry.

I made them put less caffeine in Monster Energy drink so that you wouldn't be sleep deprived, reducing your blood flow to make you post your thread a millisecond slower.

Another one is the assumption that a source of light within a dimension is automatically a star and said dimension has a radius of at least 150 million kilometers. A source of light within a dimension occurs quite often within many Tier 6-5 verses. That leads to a massive upgrade (billions to quintillions of times above Tier 6-5) that is extremely unlikely when considering everything that has been shown within said verses.

Starry Sky = 4A is a more slippery topic and I don’t have much to say about it. My issue is a source of light within a dimension automatically being a star and the dimension being 150 million km in radius is somehow a reasonable assumption. Of course if the verse has Tier 4 feats in the first place, then the above wouldn’t be that big of an issue. The problem is that it occur a lot within tier 6-5 verses and leads to unreasonable upgrades and disingenuous indexing.

My pet peeve is when Character A punches Character B, but Character C blocks it. But since Character C was a few meters away from Character A and Character B before moving off-screen to block the punch, a powerscaler now assumes that Character C sprinted at super speeds in between the timeframe of the punch to block the punch of Character B. A scene that happens all the time but now gets calculated and puts everyone at Hypersonic speeds. Including Character B whom Character C supposedly blitzed lol.

Don't think a single goddamn person actually read that verse expert crt.
Read it and all I could think was man, I’m a CGM so I have no actual staff vote but I wouldn’t be able to be a verse expert since I am staff despite being the only dude on the forum besides maybe Crab actively working on 40k. I managed to somehow achieve double the lack of staff votes.

I wonder if it becomes a double negative and I get a staff vote

There should be one per verse as a trusted expert who holds the same vote value as a thread mod in their specific verse.
if he's the one making a CRT though of course, his vote wouldn't count.

of course the biggest hurdle is actually being a trusted expert in that verse

Read it and all I could think was man, I’m a CGM so I have no actual staff vote but I wouldn’t be able to be a verse expert since I am staff despite being the only dude on the forum besides maybe Crab actively working on 40k. I managed to somehow achieve double the lack of staff votes.

I wonder if it becomes a double negative and I get a staff vote
I literally conceded on this point later in the thread lol

It was mostly shit like "how would we prevent people from nominating biased members", which I very clearly explained in the OP.

I literally conceded on this point later in the thread lol

It was mostly shit like "how would we prevent people from nominating biased members", which I very clearly explained in the OP.
Honestly mostly just read the OP and a few replies after that cuz I read it at work and had to stop reading so yeah my bad lol didn’t know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back