• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles Tier 0 Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally vote no. The matches are dumb. Pretty much all there is to it.

Okay. Do you have any suggestions for how the rule should be reworded instead?

S'pose you could reword the bit about "impossible to evaluate", given the actual thing as far as I understand it is a bit more complicated than that, but I think people understand it well enough as is. Someone other than I would be better to ask regarding semantics.

I don't really much have anything against if people want to use them in fights if they aren't stomps. Even though I don't really see the appeal of such matches.

So should we remove the rule, or is it better to reword it?

Most staff seem to be fine with its removal or aren't opposed (QuasiYuri, DontTalkDT, Celestial Pegasus, Qawsed234, Elizhaa, LordGriffin1000), the arguments against its removal just are based on such matches being virtually always stompy in nature (The Impress, Sir Ovens) or personal preference (Mr. Bambu), but we already have a rule over not indexing stomp matches in the case every single possible tier 0 match is indeed that either way.

So overall I'd say it'd be fine to remove, although we may as well remove the rule right before this one over 1-A matches not being indexable, as it was around for the same (outdated) reasons and the arguments against it hold even less weight as there's far more variety on that tier to do notable matches for the purposes of indexing.

I mean go ahead? Good luck getting any of these matches to be added tho. We have 18 tier 0 pages and none of them can fight each other outside of those within the same verse.

How so? 1-A and above no longer have the limitation that the smallest AP gap means one's stomping the other, plus most tier 0s on the site are baseline and are more than measurable for these purposes unlike before.

Last edited:
I don't really have much interest in Vs Threads, but I think matches involving Tier 0 characters is prone to getting really messy. And I do not care whether or not about them being made, but I'd definitely suggest not adding to pages.

If we're going to still disallow indexing tier 0 matches, we'd still need to update the reasoning, as needless to say, the current one is kinda inaccurate given tier 0 is way more measurable compared to the time that rule was written.

Yes, an updated regulation text is necessary. I would appreciate if somebody can write a draft for it.

I wouldn't just claim that it's indeed necessary so far. most staff currently agree to just remove the rule and allow such matches.

No. It is still a bit unclear if we should get rid of the rule entirely or just rewrite it.

But I think that I already sent a notification to most of the higher-ranking staff.

I suppose that I could ask the thread moderators as well though.

Yep, plus vs threads are generally within the supervision of thread mods.
But keep in mind that most of the higher-ranking staff are fine with the removal as said before, with only a small few desiring it to remain.

Okay. I will try to verify with AKM before we go through with removing the rule though, given that it is a rather significant change in our system.

@AKM sama

What do you think about this?

Just nuke it and add tier 0 alongside tier 1-A to this
Please note that although matches between 1-A characters are technically not forbidden, results from such matchups will not be added to the character profiles. Due to the unfathomably high gaps of power between characters within this category, and how hard it is to accurately compare levels of complexity between the cosmologies of different fictional works, these threads should not be discussed for anything beyond casual entertainment.

Yeah, it's the other way around. 1-A and above are more than measurable now, so if anything the 1-A rule should be removed too as said before, it even has less of a reason to stay as unlike tier 0 there's way more possible match-ups that aren't stomps.

Just nuke it and add tier 0 alongside tier 1-A to this
Please note that although matches between 1-A characters are technically not forbidden, results from such matchups will not be added to the character profiles. Due to the unfathomably high gaps of power between characters within this category, and how hard it is to accurately compare levels of complexity between the cosmologies of different fictional works, these threads should not be discussed for anything beyond casual entertainment.
No, that's wrong, baseline 1-A characters does not have ''immense gap of power'', if the match is a stomp, then it simply will not be added to the profile, in the same way that 1-B and 1-C matches works, same applies to High 1-A and Tier 0, of course

@AKM sama @QuasiYuri @Sir_Ovens @KLOL506 @DontTalkDT @The_Impress @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Qawsedf234 @LordGriffin1000 @DarkDragonMedeus @Elizhaa

What do you think about the following rule? Should we simply add tier 0 to it, or remove it entirely?

"Please note that although matches between 1-A characters are technically not forbidden, results from such matchups will not be added to the character profiles. Due to the unfathomably high gaps of power between characters within this category, and how hard it is to accurately compare levels of complexity between the cosmologies of different fictional works, these threads should not be discussed for anything beyond casual entertainment."

Neutral as well.

Thank you for the replies. It seems like we are currently leaning towards removing both of the above-mentioned rules then. It is probably best to wait a bit for further input before I do so though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back