• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles Tier 0 Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

• It is not allowed to create versus matches for tier 0 characters, as they are impossible to exactly evaluate, which turns any results inconclusive.

Why that rule even exists? It is just wrong, we can evalute tiers 0 in the same way that we evalute all others tiers 1

I don't like Tier 0 fights, but yeah it's probably fine to remove the rule.

1-A and above are pretty measurable as any other part of tier 1 nowadays as they're no longer bound to how a character is treated in its verse (anyone remembers tier 0 Kami Tenchi out of being above baseline 1-As and thus "omnipotent"?).
So yeah, allow these matches to be indexed, it's no longer a questionable outcome to do reasonably, but just like match-ups in other tiers.

the current system is literally to measure higher infinites this should be nuked unless we bring back omnipotence as a tier

I mean you CAN make the matches, but from my understanding it’s just stomps every time.

You can literally get the exact same effect of making the matches, by literally, just reading the files, so you’re just wasting supporters’ time, no? (Keep in mind if you can’t you should make CRTs demanding better explanations for people’s tiers)

Issue just ends up being, there’s nothing TO debate. I think the rule should stay.

Eh, unlike previous standards in which even the smallest "gap" meant one stomping the other over such tiers, this isn't really the case anymore as far I'm aware, so I don't think that'd be a concern so long the ones arguing aren't running around with this appeal to tradition or flat-out ignorance on how such tiers work.

I mean yeah sure, get rid of the rule. With or without it, tier 0 matches will still not be added to profiles regardless so it all comes back down to redundancy.

Yeah the rule is dumb. It doesn't prevent fun and games threads from being made just for the sake of it.

I mean yeah sure, get rid of the rule. With or without it, tier 0 matches will still not be added to profiles regardless so it all comes back down to redundancy.
The rule is what prevents tier 0 matches from being indexable in the first place, without it they'd be indexable, so uh...
If anything the "other" rule on the matter should be edited as currently it only covers 1-A itself, if we still want to restrict indexing on that regard.

No I mean like there are as many tier 0s as I have fingers on my hands and absolutely none of them can have matches with each other without them being explicit stomps.

Just because there's not currently tier 0s which can fight fairly doesn't mean there won't be in the future.
The rules shouldn't just consider current profiles, but possible profiles too.

Now, I wasn't here when omnipotence was a tier or anything, but based on the current climate I don't see a reason why Tier 0 matches should be treated any differently than anything 2-A or higher, the same concepts apply just at a higher level.

I mean you CAN make the matches, but from my understanding it’s just stomps every time.

You can literally get the exact same effect of making the matches, by literally, just reading the files, so you’re just wasting supporters’ time, no? (Keep in mind if you can’t you should make CRTs demanding better explanations for people’s tiers)

Issue just ends up being, there’s nothing TO debate. I think the rule should stay.
So how about if we rewrite/update the rule instead then? And if so, does somebody here have a good draft text/suggestion for what it should say instead?

So how about if we rewrite/update the rule instead then? And if so, does somebody here have a good draft text/suggestion for what it should say instead?
isnt better to just remove it? a tier 0 battle should be no different than any other tier 1 battle, if the differences are too big then it's just a stomp match, like all others

Okay, but do they even currently have versus thread result sections? Our content moderators would have to work with adding them.

Okay, but do they even currently have versus thread result sections? Our content moderators would have to work with adding them.
Some of them have it, since, they usually have others keys that aren't their 1-A (or higher ones), and, well, it can be added after the match itself, as it's not a hard thing to just put the:

==Others==
'''Notable Victories:'''

'''Notable Losses:'''

'''Inconclusive Matches:'''

after the match ends

Some of them have it, since, they usually have others keys that aren't their 1-A (or higher ones), and, well, it can be added after the match itself, as it's not a hard thing to just put the:

==Others==
'''Notable Victories:'''

'''Notable Losses:'''

'''Inconclusive Matches:'''

after the match ends
I suppose so.

No I mean like there are as many tier 0s as I have fingers on my hands and absolutely none of them can have matches with each other without them being explicit stomps.
I'm pretty sure that most tier 0s on the site are baseline, now if virtually always they'll stomp each other is up to debate, but kinda besides the point as this futureproofs for a case where it'd be "notable" for the purposes of indexing.

Anyways, given that we now have categories for tier 1-A, High 1-A and 0, perhaps a bot could add the notable victory/inconclusive/losses section?

The tier template additions are not even remotely finished yet, and Promestein's and Amelia's Bot accounts are busy applying them.

A few of our content moderators might be willing to help out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back