• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battle Meta (Tier Zoo and r/outside style)

Let's discuss the most important aspect of any kind of competitive game. The Meta as it relates to PvP.

When creating a build, what would be the best development path to follow? Does being an overpowered build ruin your experience with your in-game story? How do we create characters that don't ruin our experiences but still put us in a good place in the Meta? And how should we balance our ability growth? Is it better to start out with 90% of your abilities, or 10%, and does it matter if that 10% gives you a wide array of abilities? Isn't it broken that characters can essentially start at any level they want, with any stats? What do you think the ideal stat starting point should be, for those that are masochists and enjoy playing a build where they have to constantly grind and get stronger-- and what about those idiots that choose to have limitations on their physical capabilities, have no powers, and choose to Nerf their excedent special abilities?

I think the Saiyan Build is, in the long run, a much better build than most other Races you could pick in the game when going competitive. The upper limits of power from their race is extremely high, and with their Reactive Power Level perk, they can gain strength in the midst of battle (albiet sometimes it's so slow that it doesn't really mean anything) and upon taking damage, they gain a permanent increase in all their stats. I would've put the caveat in that and say that they require healing, but the player Zanmasu had somehow learned to exploit this ability and essentially blur the line on this fact. Zanmasu has been able to increase his powers without healing.

The Regenerationn perk would be incredible when combined with perks similar to those found in the Saiyan Race build. We all are aware of "Creative Mode" in this game, right? I'm in the process of making my own races, Characters, classes, perks, skills, "verses", ability rules, etc; and I'm interested to see how I can balance my Verse's Meta and keep story progression and ability and power progression both equally interesting, without sacrificing one or the other.

creating something similar to the saiyan build is something I already decided on, though it will have a lot of interesting spins on the race's build.

Fascinating...

I hear the Digimon builds are a really popular meta on the Wiki, right now. Any thoughts on the matter?

I mean, obviously, they're, like, one of the best sets available— do you see how BROKEN Alpha In-Force is as an ability?!

Well, you see, the Homu Hype build focuses on two core abilities, built up to the extreme. Mind Manipulation, which you build up to effect 2-As, and Power nullification, which can also effect 2-As, via law manipulation.

The mind manipulation is passive, and more often than not will instantly incapacitate your opponent. If that doesn't work, you can easily use the power nullification to sap away the opponent's strength. It's almost unstoppable, the only one who's been able to deal with it was Nicol Bolas.

You forgot to say that the power null is a rather recent addition and she didn't have that when she lost against bolas (and please let's not mention the last match)

Worth mentioning that she has 2-A hax (not the power null, but the mind screw and power drain) in her 7-B form (power drain in all her keys)

Also BFR to nonexistence

The flea bulid? Aka the wall-of-text mixed with mimicry and broken acausality?

Why not the despair build tho? ovo

RKGenki said:
You forgot to say that the power null is a rather recent addition and she didn't have that when she lost against bolas (and please let's not mention the last match)
Wot.

She had it against Bolas both times but still got rekt due to mind reversal.

@dmua

It was added after the second loss, she didn't have that before

Also the mind reversal has been debunked, meaning that the threads were flawed

@amexim

Madoka Magica

It's a pretty good series (my favorite alongside Kingdom Hearts), don't think of it as a verse where hax are thrown around as if it were nothing (because it really isn't and I wouldn't have liked it that much if that was the case), the best part of it is the plot itself and the characters, one better than the other (I'm probably biased ovo)

I think that hax builds have virtually unlimited potential and can get strong as the plot demands(Deus ex NLF anyone?), because of that many hax builds tend to lack in other stats unless they are some sort of deity or at least Tier 2. Personally, though, I prefer more conventional builds such as Superpowered Martial Artist or Flying Brick as when playing with builds like these you can safely start your way through Tier 7-8 and reach Tier 6-5 without getting too ridiculous.

edit: typo

You think too small. Why not have it all?! Playing through the plot may be boring if you don't properly space out the hax and lock it behind massive walls that make you EARN your brokenness. That's kinda my ideal build, at least.

Well. I usually prefer playthroughs where I get strong but not too strong. It becomes kind of boring when you can bust stars with a wink and no one is a threat against you. Not only that, I think it's kind of awkward when an average sized human one-shots a planet immeasurably larger than them.

I think that the Warhammer build is really good. Especially if you go down the pysker path you get pretty flexible abilities, all around resistances, and pretty good precog. The only problem with it is that you have a slight chance of summoning a Daemon player into the material realm. But if you join any of the Major guilds you could very easily get passed these problems.

Specially if you ally yourself with Choas undivided a pretty powerful guild that gives out some pretty OP buffs and abilities. Though the major problem with this is that the you become instant enemies to almost any other guild and can very easily get ganked by other higher leveled players from these guild.

It's very much high risk and high reward kind of situation but the buffs provided can very easily tip things in your favor. These are just my thoughts on the build so you can take it with a grain of salt.

Hmm, I should check out that expansion pack. Seems interesting.

My solution to the Shonen Genre power creep issue:

Introduce your character to the absolute craziest shit you can possibly think of, and if you can think of Frazier shit, introduce that earlier on in the story of the game. That way, the plot doesn't seem so obvious and as if there's no power ceiling. You'll know "oh, there's a guy who is stronger than this guy, right? What's he gonna do?!" Instead of it feeling contrived.

The Adept builds are pretty balanced for their level of power. The Robot Master builds are always a boatload of fun, but the only one people seem to use is blatently overpowered compared to the rest.

I think the .Exe versions of the Robot Master Builds from the Megaman package are both fun and broken.

Holyhotsauce said:
Is no one gonna mention the Mr. Clean Build?
That's a pretty weak build when it comes to the 5B areas. It often lacks the fighting skill and versatility needed to take on other players without going to lower level areas that don't grant enough exp.

I personally miss the days when speed builds were viable, now everyone seems to just play with the speed equalizer on in pvp.

Though, in the end my favorite build right now is the super giant build used for Amitabha (Touhou Project). It's an interesting counter to the 4D power-3D attack builds that often won't have the range to kill it.

What about the Twink builds? Having much stronger players support you in the noob caves is pretty OP. Some of the devs wanted to ban it, but it seems that recently they were allowed to give noobs even more stuff.

Speaking of Touhou build, you could honestly get a lot of broken power without it being plot-inconveniences at all, due to the nature of the verse itself make power meaningless in a designated server, and instead having to relied on skill and creativity to win against your opponent. You could honestly get a fly to beat a god, without it being unreasonable to the plot.

Personally, I like the Violet build: Ridiculously broken ability, with a ridiculously broken intelligent to it, that in combination with Youkai(though that could change) trait and "Cunning" perk make it the best mastermind build, that could even outwit a literal goddess of knowledge.

Back