• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Viewing feats"

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Lucifer Morningstar (DC Comics)

Speed: Massively FTL+ (Faster than other high-level angelic entities, who can fly across the multiverse in minutes or even seconds. Described as having reactions "As near as possible to being instantaneous." Processed the universe's 20,000,000 year history in the blink of an eye which would make him 3.70666666e201c, or over 3.7 sexsexagintillion times faster than light

My concern is... if this guy got that fast because he proccessed 20 million years in the blink of an eye, do people who can see everything in an infinite multiverse (i.e super precog) have infinite speed? They are proccessing infinite time, right?

My train of thought is that, supposing that the universes are separated continuums, watching 1 second from each one of them is the equivalent of proccessing infinite seconds/1 second.

I don't know if you can really say that. It's like how 9 women can produce 9 babies in 9 months, but you can't use 9 women to get a baby in a single month.

Jobbo said:
I don't know if you can really say that. It's like how 9 women can produce 9 babies in 9 months, but you can't use 9 women to get a baby in a single month.
This is more akin to infinite women having infinite children each moment. Each second infinite children are produced.

@pachi: as for the thread: they are processing infinite time but not infinite linear time so it wouldn't be the same.

But one begs the question, what kind of a character that can perceive that much would not have infinite speed in the 1st place ?

PaChi2 said:
This is more akin to infinite women having infinite children each moment. Each second infinite children are produced.
That depends on whether or not they can extend their precog to infinite lengths when confined to a single universe, the 1 second may just be a hard limit regardless of the scale.

And also, even someone who perceives everything on a planet would have incomparably superior perceptions to average humans, but their reaction speed may not be better. I liken it to processors with the same speed that can execute more instructions per clock cycle.

Back