• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
This thread is created for the purpose of removing outdated or stomp versus threads from profiles that are administrator-protected.

Same rules as before.

• Kindly post links to the threads, along with the characters involved in the thread.
  • Provide reasons as to why you think it is a stomp match or if it doesn't follow our Versus Thread Rules.
  • Do not request a versus thread to be removed just because it's under your favorite character/verse profile.
  • Keep in mind that just because a match is decisive, or even has a unanimous vote, does not automatically make it stomp.
  • Remain patient regarding responses. Do not disturb other members with requests to look into this thread.
  • Do not derail the thread with off-topic posts. Persistent derailing, will likely result in a warning or perhaps even a block, depending upon the severity of the derailment.
  • Argument involving a versus thread to be removed that you don't agree with is allowed. Just be sensible about it.
The following on their own do not automatically mean a match is a stomp.

• Being a decisive match doesn't make it a stomp.
  • Having a small array of hax isn't a stomp.
  • Having one hax to the opponent's none, or one hax being the deciding factor doesn't make it a stomp.
NOTE TO ALL STAFF: Please read through as much of a thread as you can before removing it. This will lessen the amount of people attempting to abuse this thread simply to remove losses from their favorite characters.

Bayonetta vs Gilgamesh should be removed due to recent upgrades for Gil. Now he resists matter manipulation so Bazzilions, the one weapon that kept it decisive is useless.

At this point Bayonetta has no real way to hurt him, she may have been able to kill at a distance due to bazillions being a ranged weapon, but with that gone, not only does Gil have a massive range advantage which Bayonetta has to get past without getting hit and before she gets Enuma'd to death (Gil resists time manipulation) but pretty much all her up close weaponry is nullified via his other resistances.

Omne is useless as he can simply bind it using the chains of heaven and then Ea Bayonetta when she's vulnerable.

All this is discounting Vimana, which he can instantly summon and fly away on, then blow up the planet which he doesn't need Ea to do.

TLDR Her weapons are useless and she has no way to hurt him, ESPECIALLY in such a short amount of time.

Oh, also Gilgamesh has SNI which tells him literally everything about Bayonetta, thus going into the fight knowing exactly what he needs to do.

Dante Vs Anakin Skywalker.

Copy-Paste:

1) They just let Dante use his BoT, something that Anakin has not counter.

2) They just bring the idea of Dante using BoT at the beginning of the fight, if he even do that in-character.

Nobody argues anything, i mean, maybe even without timestop he could win, but this is a really cheap victory without any reason behind. I suggest that Dante's victory should be removed.

Newendigo said:
Dante Vs Anakin Skywalker.
Copy-Paste:

1) They just let Dante use his BoT, something that Anakin has not counter.

2) They just bring the idea of Dante using BoT at the beginning of the fight, if he even do that in-character.

Nobody argues anything, i mean, maybe even without timestop he could win, but this is a really cheap victory without any reason behind. I suggest that Dante's victory should be removed.
1) You have no counter for an ability, big deal, that removes most matches on this site if you don't have a counter for a single ability.

2) No one in that fight said he'll do it first thing, they're simply saying that's how he wins, and Anakin has no way to kill him before he stops time should Dante ever find himself in danger.

Couldn't people just argue Anikan will mind Hax Dante dead at the beginning?, Dante is one cocky dude who plays around and doesn't use his Hax dead at the beginning. Anyway this place isn't for long discussions.

Yeah, but this bring up again the whole "lol, timestop, i messing around with you while you can't move" thing that was early discussed.

And concluded, that a single ability doesn't make it a stomp. This is a completely different scenario and a completely different machup that I was referring too.

That is not deciseve, is not that he does not have a counter, it's literally like:

"Battle starts, Dante use BoT, and then slices Anikin. End of the fight".

Do you really think it's fair?

Being that Anakin can force choke him, force push him into KO, and a bunch of other instawin stuff that Dante has no counter for aside from time stop, which is just a little bit better then what Anakin can do, yes, it's absolutely fair.

Also, nobody in that thread is saying that Dante will time stop at the start, they're saying that's how he wins, and they're right.

So, Dante win by just timestoping before he get atomized, or mindscrew, or telekinetically thrown out to the space?

That shouldn't be the case, tbh, unless he was bloodlusted. If he has much more instawins than Dante, on top of precog, he should've won. Especially because Dante like, rarely used either of them (timestop and Yamato) in cutscenes. Let alone in conjunction with each other.

I'll just remake the match.

Because there's three admins including myself debating on whether that and 682 vs Beerus should stay, as Hakai and Omega Beams should work now.

Howard, that's because he rarely ever finds an opponent who's that strong.

Please name me a time he's heald back against an opponent on his level.

Also, Gilgamesh vs Bayonetta should also be removed

Not holding back=/=doing the exact things he needs to win instead of doing his normal stuff. Only very few characters can get away with that , and Dante is not one of them.

In fairness it's not a complicated action or an obscure one. If the only method he has of winning is a particularly unusual action like using Doppelganger then attacking two exact places that are vulnerable or something, then that makes sense. But his time stop is his best power, and using Bangle of Time or Quicksilver and then attacking at full force is a fairly obvious thing to do when he finds himself threatened.

First, you know what I meant, Gar.

He's not aware timestop is his best power, especially when he normally uses Sparda or Ebony and Ivory or any of the other dozens of weapons he has. This is the exact same argument as "Goku uses Solar Flare and follows up with Destructo Disc" which we've shut down many many times before.

• Rebellion*
Sorry I had too.

Dante isn't going to sit there and get choked to death or Mind Haxed, if he's in immediate danger, he'll time stop, it's that simple.

Go ahead and remake it, and I shall make my reasons.

For the record, I removed Dante vs Sonic for a number of reasons. It's outdated and contains a number of stomps even before they became outdated, along with a non-canon matchup.

I don't mean it's best for the situation. I mean it's his most powerful extra ability for combat in general. He activated Quicksilver because something was about to land on him, so if he starts to feel his mind being attacked that'll likely make him quite a bit more aggressive, maybe even desperate. The chance he'll use his time stop is still pretty good.

The real cal howard said:
For the record, I removed Dante vs Sonic for a number of reasons. It's outdated and contains a number of stomps even before they became outdated, along with a non-canon matchup.
That should have been removed, thanks.

As for Gilgamesh vs Bayo, that should be removed.

Gil didn't have resistance to matter manipulation at the time.

Neat, perhaps I'll make a Bayo vs Nasuverse thread later.

I'm not sure about Sakuya vs Bayonetta though...Because in essence Bayo has a ton of instawin stuff such as time stop (Sakuya has one too but Bayo is resistant to it) and many one shot weapons, but Sakuya has only one way to win but in that thread people were saying how she'll start with it on character.

Despite this though, I've talked to Fate about this and even a touhou expert like him doesn't think she'll start with it.

Random-Helper323 said:
I don't mean it's best for the situation. I mean it's his most powerful extra ability for combat in general. He activated Quicksilver because something was about to land on him, so if he starts to feel his mind being attacked that'll likely make him quite a bit more aggressive, maybe even desperate. The chance he'll use his time stop is still pretty good.
Well put

I was not in that Bayo vs Sakuya thread (and am not interested enough to read it), sooo... Will just say this for clarification purposes, you make of it what you will. Whether it stays or it gets removed, I'm way more neutral in regards to this matter than anything.

1. Not sure why anyone thinks age manipulation would be a factor when even Bayonetta's profile says that she has loads of resistance to basically every kind of time manipulation on top of being able to revert to an adult even after being transformed into a child. Probably wouldn't matter. Slowing and accelerating wouldn't matter much when both of those resistances are literally slapped in her powers and abilities.

2. Yes, it's very unlikely for Sakuya to start with time erasure. As far as I remember we've seen her doing that one time and that was it. Saying this would always be her opener without the spellcard rule is assuming the 100% surefire best scenario for the character in a match from the start. It has no basis whatsoever and is indeed spell card excuse. If she was bloodlusted in that match, then yes. Otherwise, no. "Sakuya will open with Erasure" is nearly the same as "Non bloodlusted Goku will open with IT Kamehameha" or "Reinhard is always certain to open the match with Longinuslanze Testament".

3. Time stop is moot. For both of them. Bayonetta, again, has resistance to it and has her own time stop to boot. If this was legit used as an argument there, It might have sounded almost as bad as when people said Sakuya would time stop Heaven Ascension Dio of all people.

Just took a quick look at the thread. Despite everything, this part "Also she (Sakuya) can also summon other versions of herself from alternate timelines." is a pretty fair point. So you people might want to take a look at the thread before making any decisions.

Like I said, neutral. Will go with whatever is decided. Off I go.

Credit where credit is due, Sakuya should be as resistant to Time-Stopping as Bayonetta herself by virtue of having many different uses of Time Manip, which includes her own time-stop. Unless I'm reading something wrong.

EDIT: So, after making a Questions and Answers thread to make sure, turns out Sakuya would need to have resistance to time stop in her profile or a feat of resisting another time stopper in order for it to count. I stand corrected, she can't deal with Bayo's own time-stopping. From what I've seen on the same thread, Bayo's own resistance to Time-Stop seems justified according to Dragon, so I'll go from what's on her profile.

Why would having many uses for it give her resistance to time stop?

Actually where DOES Bayonetta's resistance come from? She got time stopped by Balder in both games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back