• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This thread is created for the purpose of removing outdated or stomp versus threads from profiles that are administrator-protected.

Here are the regulations that need to be followed:

• Kindly post links to the threads, along with the characters involved in the thread.
    *Provide reasons as to why you think it is a stomp match or if it doesn't follow our Versus Thread Rules.
    *Do not request a versus thread to be removed just because it's under your favorite character/verse profile.
    *Keep in mind that just because a match is decisive, or even has a unanimous vote, does not automatically make it stomp.
    *Remain patient regarding responses. Do not disturb other members with requests to look into this thread.
    *Do not derail the thread with off-topic posts. Persistent derailing, will likely result in a warning or perhaps even a block, depending upon the severity of the derailment.
    *Argument involving a versus thread to be removed that you don't agree with is allowed. Just be sensible about it.
The following on their own do not automatically mean a match is a stomp.

• Being a decisive match doesn't make it a stomp.
    *Having a small array of hax isn't a stomp.
    *Having one hax to the opponent's none, or one hax being the deciding factor doesn't make it a stomp.
NOTE TO ALL STAFF: Please read through as much of a thread as you can before removing it. This will lessen the amount of people attempting to abuse this thread simply to remove losses from their favorite characters.

(Reposting from previous thread)

Alien X vs Darkrai should be removed as it is a stomp for several reasons

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3286829

The above is Woody vs. Rick Sanchez while Rick is in his 10-C key. This is unfair because Rick literally can't move in his 10-C key, so...I don't see how this could be added. If Rick can't move, he can't fight. Literally can't do anything. Remove please.

Rolling around ain't gonna do much when your ily method of attack is biting, which is so avoidable it's not funny. He can't do anything.

I am pretty sure the libs would be in because of SBA, the only thing limited is the 9-B equipment whiich the limbs aren't

well then it's comepltely ignored in the votes then. They don't acknowledge he'd have limbs so either way it's wrojg.

(Repost from earlier thread) Not entirely sure if rematches is a reason to remove original. I've been told it is. So

Sans vs The Judge

There was a rematch that was done and it came to a different conclusion

Medaka vs Oracle - That match assumed Medaka using all fiction (for resurection) but she don't use her passive powers in character. I don't sure about Oracle being 8-A with 2-A powers is fair fight.

Okay so I looked at Eternal Champion's profile, his matches with Triborg and Quan Chi will need to be removed due to MK downgrades

Gildedguy vs Garou. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3438300#419

Now, by no means do i think it's a stomp, neither is it outdated. It's just that i don't think there's a better place to post about it rather than this thread. The things is, the Versus Thread Rules page says:

" The winner will be determined by the side having better constructive arguments ".

While both sides have good arguments, it's clear that Garou has more arguments going for him than Gildedguy. I feel like most people who voted for Gildedguy simply ignored what has been debated the entire thread. In one of the last comments of the thread, made by me, there's a resume of the advantages Garou has and the ones Gildedguy has as well. I won't repost it here to avoid visual pollution to the thread, but please read it. It's in bold text so it'll be very easy to spot. I think either the thread should be removed or redone.

The final votes ended up being 8-5, its kinda hard for you to say that people just ignored the arguments for Garou

@WeeklyBattles

All of the votes for GG come from reasons that got debunked with little to no contesting. Everytime we made a point for Garou's side the thread goes silent for a day or two and nobody on GG's side makes a rebuttal and just ignores it and I even tried to get the conversation to return to the point but it still get's ignored. GG's voters dodged repeated questioning and points multiple times throughout the thread that I can literally point them out and paste it here.

And the OP literally stated he didn't count Cal's vote because his points were debunked so it's still 7-5 meaning closing it is invalid.

Gyro voted for Garou and Cal's vote wasn't counted, which means there wasn't a 3 vote difference

I'm removing the matches

Yes because cal explicitly voted for gildedguy, purposely choosing to not count a vote is against the rules

What are you talking about exactly?

"and im not counting cal´s because his reasons have been countered, rendering them null and void and i cant count votes without reasons."

Doesn't matter if Cal explicitly voted for GG. His points were debunked and he conceded. Unless you want to argue why his points are valid in the thread.

" Please state valid reasons for why a battle should go a certain way when posting in a versus thread. "

He didn't. So it's not a valid vote.

Weekly, Cal's vote wasn't counted and you cannot change that

I'm removing the matches again, do not try to undo it this time

The op does not get to choose what votes to count nor do they get to choose which arguments they consider legitimate, that is extremely viased

Which is why he didn't. Cal conceded and he never made a rebuttal. Most of GG's side did that aswell with how many times they ignored Garou's points.

Cal voted for gildedguy and the op deliberately chose not to count his vote ensure it would mean that garou would lose. That is textbook bias.

"and im not counting cal´s because his reasons have been countered, rendering them null and void and i cant count votes without reasons."

Gee I wonder why.

Dienomite22 said:

Gee I wonder why.
That is not the op's decision to make. The op does not just get to decide that the majority of votes are invalid at the drop of a hat.

He didn't say the majority of votes (even though he should). He was only talking about cal's. Don't know how you thought that up.

Who decides this then? I think it doesn't matter when it's pretty clear and obvious his reasoning was refuted. He didn't invalidate the majotiry of the votes, only that one in specific.

Every single person voting for Glidedguy completely ignored the argument of Garou's Instinctive Reaction and Analytical Prediction, and never even bothered to address it. I mentioned it multiple times, yet was ignored. As I said, the vote, logically, should have been 0-5, since not one person addressed it.

Don't bother using the "Garou has 5 votes, people did look at his reasons" argument, because if I had to bring up the fact that not one person countered Garou's IR+AP, multiple times, then they clearly were consciously and actively ignoring Garou's arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back