• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verse Equalization for biological differences

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
So, yeah, do we equalize biolgocial aspects for humans, or lifeforms in general, that are verse specific.

Exemples are Baki having people with ocular nerves in their neck, or RPC Authority having all living beings with complex neurologic tissues produce a drug that makes them not notice supernatural events, or even possibly things like chakra/energy pathways (not the Naruto ones, since how those came to be is well explained. I mean the ones from beliefs and some folklore).

I guess this could also extend to abilities anyone has, such as someone that can mimick others' bodymovements (but is not supernatural) being able to copy hamon users from jojo, since all you need is proper breathing and experience to use the ability.

Do we just give extra organs to characters that quite literally do not have them, or do we not?

Someone would argue that humans with additional limbs and vitals can be considered humans at all (from a general point of view), but characters shouldn't have physiological changes by equalizing unless there's extremely particular cases. At the moment to copy powers is important to determinate the nature of the power, if they are based in chi, aura, life-force, magic, quantum energy, etc.

I mean, having extra limbs is a lot more obviously different then the exemples I gave.

All default humans have those neck optical nerves in Baki, as well as all sentient life producing a pheromone that makes the brain block out certain anomalies for the sake of their sanity in RPC, and in myths it is assumed that all humans have their chakras and just lack the spirituality to detect it.

Guess there's most be a reason by all humans in Baki have those misplaced optical nerves, maybe is just an exaggerated version of real life (in whose case it would applu) or the history takes place in a different evolutionary path of humankind (in whose case it wouldn't apply). What happens in RPC sounds like a a supreme being manipulate its creation, depedns of not if the equalized verse have their own creator to say "nop" to that change, although, if the character by itself already has witnesses supernatural phenomena before it shouldn't work. What happens with chakra is good to apply as long it do not directly contradict the other verse.

Some dude just rips peoples nerves, and specifically targets two nerves of both sides of the neck to blind and deafen (deafness has different target nerves... still in the neck) enemies.

There is no greater being. It's more-so an evolutionary requirement for complex mental capabilities because, well, Cthulhu-like beings will just rip sanity apart otherwise. Idea is that all sentient life just supresses major anomalies the same way someone with severe PTSD would a bad memory.

But my answer was gotten, so thanks.

Back