• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sadly I can’t get you a clip, this is Venti in his prime as the Anemo Archon/God Barbatos, and he hasn’t been this strong in thousands and thousands of years, well before the events of the game begin....

All of Venti’s feats for this key thus don’t have actual clips for them. You’re just going to have to take my word that Venti can summon the wind right where Slash is, and It’ll be strong enough to pull his arms away and disarm him of his sword (If he loses out in LS here which I am assuming) especially since Slash won’t see the wind literally summoning on him coming
Well, then there's no telling what Venti actually starts with. Cause it can be a way to beat Slash but does he do that first thing in the fight? Isn't he primarily a bow user in the present?

Slash is more skilled than others who can see and dodge invisible winds. Slash has great hearing so he will hear the wind too.

I went back and saw Slash's sound speed and its pretty much instant too.

This is normal speed:

This is 25% speed:

In the gifs, Slash's sound started to surround him even pretty much instantly.

Well, then there's no telling what Venti actually starts with. Cause it can be a way to beat Slash but does he do that first thing in the fight? Isn't he primarily a bow user in the present?
Venti is primarily a bow user in the present yes, but there’s no evidence he ever used a bow at all in his prime as Barbatos (iirc), and I think the assumption the wind god starts with his wind is fair, especially since we know very little of what else he has in his options in that key

This is normal speed:

This is 25% speed:

In the gifs, Slash's sound started to surround him even pretty much instantly.
That’s quick and could maybe compare to Venti’s winds if you didn’t factor in Slash still has to react to the winds, average human reaction time is 0.2 seconds, fine margins but deciding ones in an exchange as quick as this

Not to mention there is a very clear movement made by Slash’s opponent to signify an incoming attack, without that to guide him I’m willing to bet that sound doesn’t surround him quite as fast

That’s quick and could maybe compare to Venti’s winds if you didn’t factor in Slash still has to react to the winds, average human reaction time is 0.2 seconds, fine margins but deciding ones in an exchange as quick as this
Also by the reflection/null I’m assuming once the notes and all circle around him that’s the thing active, and not the shield formed in front of Slash? If it’s the shield he needs at that pace he doesn’t have a hope of preventing Venti’s Winds

Venti is primarily a bow user in the present yes, but there’s no evidence he ever used a bow at all in his prime as Barbatos (iirc), and I think the assumption the wind god starts with his wind is fair, especially since we know very little of what else he has in his options in that key
Using wind is a safe assumption but using it like a binding thing like a TK as first option with so many other options? Not likely. Seems very specific to be used first thing all the time. How do we know Venti won't use a push back, a wind slash, or a tornado or something?

Because this way of Venti winning pins on Venti starting with that move every time which seems unlikely considering he has so many other options.

Slash's sounds is all power null so not just the barrier in front. Slash many times starts with pressing the trigger instead of reacting since its not only defense but also his offense.

The thing is, anybody who used a Seiken is by default just not a normal human. Regular dude literally cannot used the holy blade.

And talk about quick exchange? Most Saber Rider can react to blitz. Buster, the slowest dude in the group skill his way through Kenzan and Ikazuchi whole tactic which is "lmao blitz". Nevermind the fact that everyone in the series has reacted to Saikou who is quite literally a light sword. And nevermind that Slash entire line of job needed him to be vigilant at all time since any random Megid can have an ability that can insta gib the user out of nowhere.
Also by the reflection/null I’m assuming once the notes and all circle around him that’s the thing active, and not the shield formed in front of Slash? If it’s the shield he needs at that pace he doesn’t have a hope of preventing Venti’s Winds
And that assumed Venti used his wind to wrap around Slash and not just one direction blow him away.

And while it is unknown if he can covered his entire body in it, he should be able to considered the range of his ability and how large his AoE is

And then Venti have to deal with the fact that he cannot deflect any of Slash range attack back due to his shots being sound based. And then combined with Slash own maskmanship Venti have to barrier it up or be shot full of bullets.

Using wind is a safe assumption but using it like a binding thing like a TK as first option with so many other options? Not likely. Seems very specific to be used first thing all the time. How do we know Venti won't use a push back, a wind slash, or a tornado or something?
Venti’s winds, if they surpass Slash in LS, ragdoll him hard, my point is he won’t get to press buttons or swing swords in that state, and Venti will be able to then go into his exact control over his body once he picks up on Slash attempting to push the button, which will happen very quick thanks to Venti’s intelligence

And talk about quick exchange? Most Saber Rider can react to blitz. Buster, the slowest dude in the group skill his way through Kenzan and Ikazuchi whole tactic which is "lmao blitz". Nevermind the fact that everyone in the series has reacted to Saikou who is quite literally a light sword. And nevermind that Slash entire line of job needed him to be vigilant at all time since any random Megid can have an ability that can insta gib the user out of nowhere.
Speed is equalised so reacting to light speed attacks and all doesn’t hold any meaning here, these characters obviously cannot actually blitz the people they are facing if they are still losing matches to them. Being on guard doesn’t mean you can act on an instantaneous force rag-dolling you, from thought based hax meaning that Venti doesn’t even have to lift a finger to signify an attack incoming. Forgive me if I’m wrong but every attack I’ve seen in the scans on this thread have been big and flashy and what not, does Slash even have experience dealing with attacks that have 0 indicators they are incoming?

Speed is equalised so reacting to light speed attacks and all doesn’t hold any meaning here, these characters obviously cannot actually blitz the people they are facing if they are still losing matches to them. Being on guard doesn’t mean you can act on an instantaneous force rag-dolling you, from thought based hax meaning that Venti doesn’t even have to lift a finger to signify an attack incoming. Forgive me if I’m wrong but every attack I’ve seen in the scans on this thread have been big and flashy and what not, does Slash even have experience dealing with attacks that have 0 indicators they are incoming?
The point I'm making is that even when people attack at a much faster speed, someone like Buster who is slower than other, is able to react and counter it. Then how os Venti attack who's speed is equal supposed to catch him off guard?

There's plenty of people trying to sneak a hit in on the Rider. Hell, one of them turn invisible and sneak on him to do so and get beat by his hearing. And I highly doubt that Venti would goes for a sneak approach for god know why.

Hell if we're using Skillchain at max here Slash should be able to at least block one of Durendal'ss King Crimson ability to shave off time itself in order to sneak a hit in on opponent.

Venti’s winds, if they surpass Slash in LS, ragdoll him hard, my point is he won’t get to press buttons or swing swords in that state, and Venti will be able to then go into his exact control over his body once he picks up on Slash attempting to push the button, which will happen very quick thanks to Venti’s intelligence
Ragdolling doesn't mean you can't perform any movement. It's only the fully TK thing that would prevent that which I highly doubt Venti would start with.

And what if Slash starts with his sound the first thing he does (which is very likely). Pushing the button on his sword is like pushing RT on a controller. You press it the same time you think of pressing it.
Teleportation spamming light swords, attack that erase time, spacial manipulation that is though based.

Ragdolling doesn't mean you can't perform any movement. It's only the fully TK thing that would prevent that which I highly doubt Venti would start with.
No, it doesn’t, but it does mean that any movement is made several times harder, and Venti is more than smart enough to catch on to what Slash is trying and go for the TK option

Teleportation spamming light swords, attack that erase time, spacial manipulation that is though based
Ok I’ll give it to you those probably are about as quick as Venti’s winds, if he can fully react to those AND perform an action to counteract them then I’m willing to concede in this match, since Venti has very few options outside of his winds (against someone like Slash)

Last edited:
No, it doesn’t, but it does mean that any movement is made several times harder, and Venti is more than smart enough to catch on to what Slash is trying and go for the TK option
Ok I’ll give it to you those probably are about as quick as Venti’s winds, if he can fully react to those AND perform an action to counteract them then I’m willing to concede in this match, since Venti has very few options outside of his winds
Well, the problem I'm having here is how would Venti know what Slash will be going for? Because I feel like many of Venti's win cons would only happen if Venti has previous knowledge on Slash and knows how to perfectly deal with him before the fight actually happens. He wouldn't know Slash's sound has power null or that his sword and buttons emit sound or any of that while Slash would know how to deal with wind based off training with Kenzan and fighting Saber.

I feel as though ragdolling only stalls Slash out while the only reliable wincon is TKing which is not likely to happen in the first place.

Back