• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So.... can someone tell me how Slash’s resistance to air manip works and if he has any passives/thought based hax he starts with, what stops Venti from ragdolling him the way he did Xenovia?

I’ve been told by practically everyone this is a stomp but hey I might as well try anyways

So, Slash has fought against and scales to those who fought Kezan, and in those fights Kezan is capable of damaging other with his physical attacks but his wind based attacks are basically are not as effective. The wind attacks aren't even weaker too, it could be argued they're meant to be stronger as the Rider draws from their respective elements and gets stronger through them. Kezan, being the Wind user, draws power from and gets stronger from the wind.

Slash doesn't have any passive/thought based but I think he could resist a bit of Venti ragdolling him. They match each other in LS, both being Class T, but Slash's scaling to Buster happened a bit before the arc we're using and both Buster and Slash have gotten far stronger ever since.

Depend on how Venti is gonna ragdoll Slash.
If it is through wind manip then it's depend on how strong Venti's wind manip is, Dragon Eagle Saber can casually creates tornadoes as big as this, but Slash slapped Crimson Saber (Dragon Eagle Saber at full power)'s tornado like nothing. Even if the Venti's wind manip is too strong, Slash can still uses his Attack Reflection to defend himself
Well Venti has used his winds to lift mountains, he upscales to Dvalin who created 3 of those tornadoes. Attack reflection is no good if it requires a motion or his sword to activate since Venti’s winds are nigh-thought based and he starts with them.

To address the fact both are Class T. There’s quite a disparity between the two ratings, even though they are in the same tier. Slash scales to “A large Mountain”, Venti scales to the largest mountain to ever exist in the history of Teyvat, that was so large that it’s peak is still visible and capable of being walked on even though Venti dropped it into the “deep oceans”. If you take that to mean the ocean floor, that’s taller than Everest, and even if you take that with a pinch of salt it’s still quite a bit bigger than “large”

The fact Slash resists wind attacks will be a pain for Venti. In terms of AP the difference is <<1.161x for Slash so Venti probably has a slight but unquantifiable advantage. If hypothetically Slash can escape the winds, what’s his first options in combat? How good is he without his sword? Does he have any abilities to escape the wind once he’s in it such as thought based teleportation?

Buster and Slash both were tier 8s and then became tier 6s. While I know this is in terms of AP, their LS should honestly get stronger as well. In the series, they consistently get amps through various methods like training, transformations, reactive power levels, and such

Would you say Slash has any methods of escaping the wind here? I still think the leap from “large mountain” to “largest mountain ever in all of history” is quite large

He has powernull to escape the wind:
Suzune can cancel out the “natural frequency” of the target. This was seen when the sound waves that Suzune emits wrap around Saber's fireball, making it disappear
A more knowledgeable folks can make it more detailed but for now this is pretty lethal to Venti Wind

If he needs to perform an action to activate the power null it won’t work, and the same if he needs his sword

Granted this all assumes he can’t escape the winds through pure LS alone, if he can then he keeps his sword, moves freely in the wind, and stomps Venti hard from what I’ve read in the P&A

I mean A: Venti’s winds aren’t exactly projectiles, they’re more AOE weather conditions to extreme nature

B: If Slash loses his sword to the wind or Venti can hold him with it, he can’t do any desired movements.

This is a weird match because there doesn’t seem a whole lot Slash can do if he gets stuck in the wind, but if he can avoid being swept away in it he stomps Venti hard.

Really, it feels like the only relevant factor for this fight is LS lol

I'm having problem believing that ain't flowery language cause that sound way above 8C or 8B to me but whatever i guess.

Really, it feels like the only relevant factor for this fight is LS lol
well, we are discussing about Slash's LS. Looking back some of his feats, I realized he did once parried a sword that can cut a planet.
So it's gonna take some time.

EDIT: Wait, this is 8-B Slash, never mind.
EDIT 2: Jackpact got me confused. So we are still using 6-C keys then

Last edited:
EDIT 2: Jackpact got me confused. So we are still using 6-C keys then
What i meant is that it seem that the LS is for all key and if Buster attack really is as heavy as a large mountain then i highly doubt that would only qualify for LS only on his first key, either it's just flowery language or swinging something as heavy or output force as heavy as a large mountain is shit for AP.

Is this not an AP feat rather than LS
That is why we are still discussing it. Given that Slash was able to hold the sword for a while after parried it.
What i meant is that it seem that the LS is for all key and if Buster attack really is as heavy as a large mountain then i highly doubt that would only qualify for LS only on his first key, either it's just flowery language or swinging something as heavy or output force as heavy as a large mountain is shit for AP.
So you suggest that the Saber riders should get upgrades to higher tier then ? There was a discussion about whether this is qualified for AP or not, we kinda just leave it as LS.

If Venti attack with his AoE wind then Slash is just going to erect his barrier around him and reflect it back.

And unless Venti wind manip can interact with sound then Slash can shoot at him with impunity.

I would like to do the calc myself but the math are way over my head. And while there's definitely some flowery language used in some of the spec in Saber Riders. It also the part that explained the extremely complicated, very confusing abilities of Kaiji which allowed one to cut time.

TV Asashi is basically PokeDex of Kamen Rider.

If Venti attack with his AoE wind then Slash is just going to erect his barrier around him and reflect it back.
If Slash can’t do that passively or with thought based hax he won’t get the chance, as Venti will be blowing him about with the winds from the get go, not to mention you can’t really reflect a storm, it’s not a projectile

It also the part that explained the extremely complicated, very confusing abilities of Kaiji which allowed one to cut time.
5ca.jpg

If Slash can’t do that passively or with thought based hax he won’t get the chance, as Venti will be blowing him about with the winds from the get go, not to mention you can’t really reflect a storm, it’s not a projectile
Dunno about the barrier, but the Slash’s power null is based on his energy waves hitting whatever is coming at him. In his fight against Saber, Saber threw at him fireballs and a fire tornado but Slash’s energy waves completely nulled them.

If Slash would use his barrier, it would likely be used by scanning some only his wonder books on his sword. So I dont think it’s thought based

Does the wind start from where he stand? If not then Slash can easily just swing his sword and null it. His shield can turn the constant stream against it into sound and null it back.

Stream of fire shouldn't be projectile but it is, tornado of fire shouldn't be a conventional projectile too but yes.
If Slash would use his barrier, it would likely be used by scanning some only his wonder books on his sword. So I dont think it’s thought based
No, Slash doesn't even need to scan his Ridebook in order to activated his shield, he just need to swing his sword and given the distance it'll be more than enough.

Does the wind start from where he stand? If not then Slash can easily just swing his sword and null it. His shield can turn the constant stream against it into sound and null it back.
The wind starts from everywhere, including Slash’s position.

Stream of fire shouldn't be projectile but it is, tornado of fire shouldn't be a conventional projectile too but yes.
Yeah but the difference is these aren’t literally surrounding Slash, I doubt he could’ve reflected that tornado if he was inside of it

I don't think there's a reason why Slash can't emit his sound while knocked up and tossed. And Slash's sound at times surrounds him.

Last edited:
"Slash can create an acoustic barrier which converts oncoming attacks into sound. It has the ability to memorize the characteristics of the attack" This part comes from he armor.

Even if you blow people in the air, I doubt they are completely immobilized like they are in a paralysis. Slash's power null comes from minuscule movements like pressing a button or slashing his sword. Why shouldn't he have a timing to do such a thing especially when the fight is going to be drawn out?

Venti’s wind has been used as a pseudo-telekinesis by him before, using it to lift mountains, dragons, etc. He has complete control over his winds, and could just blow Slash’s arm away if he tried to press a button on his armour. Or just permanently hold him in a T-Pose or similar position. Really there’s no reason why Venti, who could any time he like prevent Slash from hitting that button, let him hit it.

Can you show me a clip of when he starts with the pseudo-TK against an enemy? Or when he holds them in place? I need to see how fast it is because Slash starts with his sword and he always already have his hand around the trigger to get ready to push it.

Can you show me a clip of when he starts with the pseudo-TK against an enemy? Or when he holds them in place? I need to see how fast it is because Slash starts with his sword and he always already have his hand around the trigger to get ready to push it.
Sadly I can’t get you a clip, this is Venti in his prime as the Anemo Archon/God Barbatos, and he hasn’t been this strong in thousands and thousands of years, well before the events of the game begin....

All of Venti’s feats for this key thus don’t have actual clips for them. You’re just going to have to take my word that Venti can summon the wind right where Slash is, and It’ll be strong enough to pull his arms away and disarm him of his sword (If he loses out in LS here which I am assuming) especially since Slash won’t see the wind literally summoning on him coming

Sadly I can’t get you a clip, this is Venti in his prime as the Anemo Archon/God Barbatos, and he hasn’t been this strong in thousands and thousands of years, well before the events of the game begin....

All of Venti’s feats for this key thus don’t have actual clips for them. You’re just going to have to take my word that Venti can summon the wind right where Slash is, and It’ll be strong enough to pull his arms away and disarm him of his sword (If he loses out in LS here which I am assuming) especially since Slash won’t see the wind literally summoning on him coming
Except that he can. His enhance senses is easily good enough that he can see through invisible enemy through sound alone. And if Venti start creating unnatural wind around him then he will be able to easily detected it due to him has plenty of experience against wind user already.

And that's assumed he beaten out in LS. Which is a toss up. And then Venti immediately has to wrenched Suzune away from his hand so that Slash doesn't pull the trigger and start nulling wind around him.

And then we have no further evidence to see if Venti can actually spawn wind immediately on his opponent's feet. While Slash has shown to be able to just spawn a shield with a swing of his sword with ease

Except that he can. His enhance senses is easily good enough that he can see through invisible enemy through sound alone. And if Venti start creating unnatural wind around him then he will be able to easily detected it due to him has plenty of experience against wind user already.
As discussed in Xenovia v Venti, sensing the wind is no good because it is instantaneously there, faster than any motion a character could complete anyways

And then we have no further evidence to see if Venti can actually spawn wind immediately on his opponent's feet.
I mean, Venti spawns instant wind under his own feet to lightly lift himself into the air for his idol animation, and Barbatos upscales ridiculously in potency to In-Game Venti

Back