• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Venom Profile Cleanup

Also, which extra statistics keys for Marvel and DC Comics characters should we preferably remove?
Captain Universe Spidey.
Time Trapper Superboy Prime either needs to be revised or removed. He was only in for like 4 issues or so.

Personally feels unfair to not have a key for God Venombut oh well. Also Captain Universe is the protector/avatar of Eternity. Uni power being just 4B when its now a counterpart to Knull is a bit iffy...

Personally feels unfair to not have a key for God Venombut oh well. Also Captain Universe is the protector/avatar of Eternity. Uni power being just 4B when its now a counterpart to Knull is a bit iffy...
Marvel scaling is a shitshow among shitshows, it has a "everyone can fight everyone" deal going on from what I've heard from Ant

Marvel scaling is a shitshow among shitshows, it has a "everyone can fight everyone" deal going on from what I've heard from Ant
Sadly, I can confirm. The writers don't really care.

The other day I came across a thread where Cates said Cap can beat Sentry if he was writing it lmao.

The statement of Donny Gates was curious fact out of memory I pointed out in discord, not something I was expecting to be used in an actual argument.

The statement might be somewhere but the CRT has to move until then.

This is honestly kind of weird.

Why is it for only Marvel and DC do keys from 1 issue be removed, this isn't the case.

Plus, there is a difference between whole new keys who are vastly different from before (Such as Emperor Joker or Captain Universe) and simple outlier power scaling

Captain Universe Spidey.
Time Trapper Superboy Prime either needs to be revised or removed. He was only in for like 4 issues or so.
Captain Universe Spider-Man was a very significant event that lasted for a long storyline in his own comic books. and has been referred to repeatedly afterwards. I think that it can stay.

Probably because it could lead to characters having 70 keys for any time they gain a one-off power up through out their decades of history.
That and the inconsistent scaling issue.

Emperor Joker was also a quite important event with straightforward scaling though. It can probably stay.

Captain Universe Spider-Man was a very significant event that lasted for a long storyline in his own comic books.
Are you sure? My knowledge of early spidey comics is somewhat sketchy but I thought it only lasted for less than 5 issues?

Are you sure? My knowledge of early spidey comics is somewhat sketchy but I thought it only lasted for less than 5 issues?
Well, I may misremember the duration due to that there were so many Spider-Man comic books released every month back then.

For Emperor Joker I was remembering the trade paper back rather than the 9 issue event. So it has more staying power.

Basically I'm not saying we remove literally ever power up ever. Just something like Deadpool having the power cosmic or Superman's Kismet boost against Imperiex. Not something like The Darkest Knight.

For Emperor Joker I was remembering the trade paper back rather than the 9 issue event. So it has more staying power.

Basically I'm not saying we remove literally ever power up ever. Just something like Deadpool having the power cosmic or Superman's Kismet boost against Imperiex. Not something like The Darkest Knight.
Yes. Wonder Woman kept that power-up afterwards as far as I recall.

No. We haven't decided yet. Sorry.

Is somebody willing to write a list based on the above discussion?

Removing keys from profiles feels like its for a different CRT. Since this is about Venom and not all of Marvel and DC.

I think that we can at least remove the statistics for the characters that I have mentioned above, as otherwise there is a very high chance that it will never get done, which leads to setting very bad precedents, and threads like this one popping up repeatedly again.

Why don't we create a separate CRT and linking this one to it? Would probably get more opinions/help regarding this whole thing

I suppose that might work, but I am extremely overworked, so it would be hard for me to properly organise it.

Anyway, we could at least start here with removing the Venom keys that only lasted for single issues or a few pages.

I think that we can at least remove the statistics for the characters that I have mentioned above, as otherwise there is a very high chance that it will never get done, which leads to setting very bad precedents, and threads like this one popping up repeatedly again.
Anyway, we could at least start here with removing the Venom keys that only lasted for single issues or a few pages.
I would greatly appreciate help with applying this.

Back