• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey1940 said:
it actually has i think. When Goten and Trunks fused for the second time (i think), Trunks had to lower his own power level for the fusion to work. In Potara's case, we never see this happen
Except doesn't mean Gotenks doesn't get the surpressed strength Trunks had. The "power lock" theory is exactly that. A theory.

Interesting that this match is in incon, because in the past the fusion dance only adds their combine power and the potora fusion would not also increase their power, but multiply it be tens of times.

^This is headcanon. If anything Vegito's shitty portrayal against Zamasu suggest the opposite of that that.

MrLuk2000 said:
Interesting that this match is in incon, because in the past the fusion dance only adds their combine power and the potora fusion would not also increase their power, but multiply it be tens of times.
Headcanon and doesn't make sense. If Fusion Dance only adds then what's the point of Goku and Vegeta or Goten and Trunks fusing in the 1st place? A Super Saiyan Gotenks is supposedly comparable to SSJ3 Goku in the Buu Saga, saying it's addition would be just saying SSJ Goten + SSJ Trunks = SSJ3 Goku which is ridiculous. Hell Gogeta himself even debunks this.

@Sigma

What? Vados clearly states Potara is A + B at their max multipled by tens of times.

Where does people get this idea of dance being just A + B? Even Z era Gogeta debunk this idea by being leagues above SSJ3 Goku with just SSJ.

GigaSPX said:
CryoTheMayo said:
I would say Gogeta. He was capable of using Super Saiyan and Blue for extended periods of time and conclusively defeating Broly whereas Vegito has never conclusively won a fight before and consistently defuses due to his cockiness (albeit he had reasons in the Buu saga for it).
I also find Gogeta's assortment of techniques far more impressive such as his rapid barrage of lasers, ability to paralyze the opponent, forcing his ki into the opponent and exploding it internally, etc. To my memory all Vegito really has going for him is barriers and his ki blade which isn't even remotely comparable to Gogeta.

If we treated them as the same person with different names then OBVIOUSLY Vegito would win due to time limit advantage (60 mins vs 30 mins) but as different characters? This is basically Black arc Vegito equalized to Broly movie Gogeta and nothing more.

So, yeah. I would give this to Gogeta due to better techniques and being less cocky.
I agree FRA. Although I don't think Vegito really lasts the full hour like they claim they would in the series. Vegito's time is severely shortened as soon as he went Blue. Then it got cut off when he was about to perform his finisher with Final Kamehameha in Blue.
Gogeta lasted the whole fight and even after Broly was sent away. Gogeta remained in blue and teleported to doingsto Freiza before he was about to shoot the spaceship. So really, best boi Gogeta!
Plot as Toriyama wanted Trunks to finish Fused Zamasu

TIE

Both are Equals despite Potara Fusion being better and stronger than Fusion Dance.

Toriyama himself states that Both fusions are trump card of Goku and Vegeta both are EQUALLY MATCHED!!!

Toriyama himself said about the new fusion dance: "It makes a more powerful fusion between body and soul, but it lasts only half an hour. The restrictions to achieve this fusion are also very complicated, it takes a lot of practice and balance to complete the Fusion Dance, and fighters should be similar in size and power". As for the Potara earrings: "Potara is a much more stable method of fusion, and can mix fighters of different sizes and powers." So he ends the interview with " We can conclude that confrontation would be solved by two elements: time and power. Gogeta is more likely to succeed in a shorter fight; Vegetto, on the other hand, would probably do better if he had more time to devise a strategic tactic."

your first comment says that they are equally matched

then you proceeded to state that Gogeta was stronger but Vegito is more stable

so....

Mickey1940 said:
your first comment says that they are equally matched
then you proceeded to state that Gogeta was stronger but Vegito is more stable

so....
Cuz unlike Fusion Dance , Potara doesn't need practice they don't even need to equal their power so it's better

The Daizenshuu confirmed that Potara was stronger, though from Broly, it seems like Fusion lasts longer. Although Vegito's time limit was probably retconned in because of crap writing. Vegito seems to be cockier, Gogeta seems to get shid done. Honestly, if it doesn't come from Toriyama, we don't have hard proof that the magazines be scan was correct or not. Though considering Broly was basically handled by Toriyama himself, the magazine scan could've been right. Leaning on Vegito due to Potara multipliers, but if they truly are equal, inconclusive.

There are magazine scans claiming that Gogeta is stronger than Vegito from decades ago and the Daizenshuu is barely recognised as a source of information due to it having inconsistency with the actual show.

Compare Goku, Vegeta and Trunks pushing Zamasu back, someone Vegito Blue was depicted as around the same power as and compare that to Base Gogeta being on the same level as SSB Goku. I'm not claiming that Gogeta is that much more powerful or that Vegito is weak, I'm claiming that fusion is inconsistent beyond belief.

Dragon Ball Super also specifically has Vados explain Potara as the sum of the parts multiplied dozens of times. Super is canonical to Dragon Ball. As a result, Super trumps any Daizenshuu statements or magazine scans.

Of course, while that works in just the anime/manga scaling, it's nonsensical with Gogeta's scaling.

Daizenshuu is barely a trusted source at this point tbh. IIRC it's has the calim of Gogeta being only dozen of times stronger than Goku, which is, really wrong at this point.

Gogeta's base form scale above goku ssj3 "like every fusion in DB" and that alone makes him 400x stronger. Add SS4 and he will be thousands times stronger than Goku.

@Cyro Vegito blue was written by Toei while DBS Broly was written by Toritama, and in his book, Fusion is broken as f*ck.

What is the multiplier on Fusion? If it is AxB like a lot of people say it is, than Potara would be stronger. Though if Gogeta in Base is superior to SSJ Blue which is above 400x base form than....... that makes no sense.

ChocomilkAlex said:
What is the multiplier on Fusion? If it is AxB like a lot of people say it is, than Potara would be stronger. Though if Gogeta in Base is superior to SSJ Blue which is above 400x base form than....... that makes no sense.
Base Vegito >> SSJ3 Goku (Buu Arc)

You obviously missed the several hundred post total threads that argued endlessly over this. Angels are all Likely 2-C, Grand Priest is 2-C and Gogeta is Possibly 2-C due to the conclusion of a debate regarding Beerus and Champa destroying Universe 6 and 7 if they fought seriously.

CryoTheMayo said:
You obviously missed the several hundred post total threads that argued endlessly over this. Angels are all Likely 2-C, Grand Priest is 2-C and Gogeta is Possibly 2-C due to the conclusion of a debate regarding Beerus and Champa destroying Universe 6 and 7 if they fought seriously.
The whole "Beerus and Champa destroying U6 and U7" thing has been vetoed on this wiki

so it makes no sense for Gogeta to be 2C since Beerus and Champa aren't 2C

CryoTheMayo said:
So what? Beerus is 2-C now? Why is Gogeta the only one who scales to this "2-C" chain anyway?

ZERO7772 said:
CryoTheMayo said:
So what? Beerus is 2-C now? Why is Gogeta the only one who scales to this "2-C" chain anyway?
My question

Shubham Sonsurkar said:
Toriyama himself said that Gogeta and Vegito are equally strong so it's a TIE someone should close this already
I don't believe he ever said that.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3150938
After like a thousand comments I don't want to get into it again.

oh

sorry I'm not updated with this new stuff like ever

so why's Gogeta the only one at 2C? Or do we just need to wait a few more days for the other pages to be updated as well?

Thread been doen for days.

Only Gogeta is 2-C because Goku, Jiren, and Broly are all shown to be around Beerus give or take, while Gogeta is shown to be above GoD tier period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back