• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So after digging through the mess that is the Marve Comic's profiles, Carol would scale to Gladiator who would scale to 1.3219599052551999e+48 Joules from Thor. I think.

Vegeta would scale above Gohan (SS2) who would then himself scale to SPC, who would be 1.053x10^47 joules from Solar System busting from Earth.

An AP difference of 12.5542251211x.

The 1-shot page says that approximately, a 7.5x AP difference is enough to 1-shot. So. Yeah.

Akreious said:
So after digging through the mess that is the Marve Comic's profiles, Carol would scale to Gladiator who would scale to 1.3219599052551999e+48 Joules from Thor. I think.
Thor is actually about 29 times higher than that via scaling to the Silver Surfer.

Actually, it's arguable that Buu saga SS Vegeta scales to SS2 Gohan, due to character statements regarding Dabura and Gohan. Captain Marvel also doesn't scale to Gladiator, she only staggered him very briefly before he whooped her (and the scan of her 'staggering' him seems questionable to me).

Seeing as this is BoG SS2 Vegeta, I assume this intended to be enraged SS2 Vegeta who surpassed SS3 Goku, who claimed he could have beaten Kid Buu and Fat Buu, who are far FAR more powerful than Perfect Cell, who was overwhelmed by SS2 Gohan.

In other words, the scaling goes:

BoG SS2 Vegeta > SS3 Goku > Kid Buu > Majin Buu >> SS2 Gohan > Dabura > Perfect Cell = SS Goku = SS Vegeta

And I'm pretty sure Goku and Vegeta both implied they could have beaten Dabura after comparing him to Cell...so...Vegeta would scale far above Majin Buu, who scales far above Cell's power whereas Captain Marvel doesn't scale to Gladiator.

I'd give this to Vegeta in terms of AP but I'm not well versed on Captain Marvel's abilities.

Captian Marvel is over 362x stronger then Cell, where the 4B feat comes from

I'm unsure if scaling chain alone can make you go that high

Schnee One said:
Captian Marvel is over 362x stronger then Cell, where the 4B feat comes from
I'm unsure if scaling chain alone can make you go that high
I see no feats or calculations on Captain Marvel's page to justify this claim.

1. She literally states she had to absorb the power of a White Hole by collapsing a star to access that level of power

2. She says that it's excruiatingly painful to have that much energy and that she hopes she doesn't 'burn out'.

3. Thor states in the scans, of Quasar harming Thor, that he doesn't want to injure Quasar. Quasar had to trick Thor to blind him and attack him while he was down.

4. Quasar was containing Thor's hammer, which distracted Thor into focusing on breaking his energy construct

So, overall...Quasar injured a restrained Thor, that was focused on freeing his hammer and then proceeded to wail on the restrained and blinded Thor. Carol can barely even utilise the energy of a White Hole and it requires the destruction of an entire star, something that I doubt she would do casually.

Is there any other evidence of her even remotely scaling to Thor?

I'm not the one who made the profile but I don't see why that makes her not scale.

1. Yes, that's how she enters binary.

2. Yes because this form has a time limit.

3. Being able to harm someone of that level requires you to be at the very least somewhat comparable, if you're 362x weaker then said character you can Mr hurt them.

4. This is part of 3 isn't it?

It's better if you make a CRT to discuss this there.

Schnee One said:
I'm not the one who made the profile but I don't see why that makes her not scale.
1. Yes, that's how she enters binary.

2. Yes because this form has a time limit.

3. Being able to harm someone of that level requires you to be at the very least somewhat comparable, if you're 362x weaker then said character you can Mr hurt them.

4. This is part of 3 isn't it?

It's better if you make a CRT to discuss this there.
No, this doesn't require a CRT. Has anyone ever seriously debated and claimed that she scales to Thor? You would be basing that purely on:

1. Her 'staggering' someone comparable to Thor

2. Someone she scales above, managing to outwit a restraining Thor and hitting him while he was vulnerable.

I never ONCE made the claim that she was '362x weaker'. I agree that she scales to 4-B for scaling above Quasar in Binary. I disagree that she is 362x stronger though.

If I were to scale Vegeta, I will go off the observation that SS Vegeta is akin to Super Perfect Cell.

SS Vegeta = 1/362 of Thor

SS2 is likely more than just '2x' Super Saiyan. 50% of SS2 Gohan could hold back SP Cell's Kamehameha after all and Perfect Cell was considerably stronger than SS Gohan. I won't claim any hard figures but I will estimate that 4x is reasonable for SS2.

Thor = 90.5 x SS2 Vegeta

So, how stronger is SS3? Well, we know SS2 Vegeta was stomped by Kid Buu. He only survived due to Otherworld bodies being stronger than living bodies. Claiming SS3 is at least 2x SS2 isn't far-fetched with this in mind.

Thor = 40.25x SS3 Goku

Enraged SS2 Vegeta > SS3 Goku

So, Vegeta, with these estimates, would be over 1/40th the power of Thor. I have already argued why Captain Marvel wouldn't scale to Thor, considering her feats only place her above someone that could trick and injure a vulnerable, restraining, Thor. She also has a time limit on Binary, which also hurts her as she uses it.

Also, I checked and she doesn't have to absorb a white hole to become Binary. She only requires a certain level of energy and, to my understanding, she grows stronger with the more energy she absorbs. So wouldn't she only scale to that level under the very specific circumstance of absorbing energy from a white hole?

If she doesn't scale to Thor she isn't 4B, that's the only 4B feat she can scale to

So yes, it does require one

IIRC, there was an entire thread in on the status of Carol being 4-B in Binary and what level she was at.

Eventually, I believe that part of the reasoning wasn't just Quasar fighting Thor. It was also Quasar fighting Phoenix Rachel Summers and in general 4-B Phoenix hosts are stronger than Thor. And Quasar declared Carol to be stronger than him.

(Shrugs) Will admit though, they were trying to make sure that Carol didn't lose her 4-B rating.

TheC2 said:
IIRC, there was an entire thread in on the status of Carol being 4-B in Binary and what level she was at.

Eventually, I believe that part of the reasoning wasn't just Quasar fighting Thor. It was also Quasar fighting Phoenix Rachel Summers and in general 4-B Phoenix hosts are stronger than Thor. And Quasar declared Carol to be stronger than him.

(Shrugs) Will admit though, they were trying to make sure that Carol didn't lose her 4-B rating.
Guess she is stronger then...

Yep, she slaps

TheC2 said:

Quasar's profile states that his fighting style involves him manipulating energy. So, unless his power retained the energy he absorbed from Phoenix he wouldn't scale to that and Carol wouldn't scale even remotely near that level.

Seriously, does she have any actual feats to justify being 4-B? I'm starting to get confused.

In-fact, I just checked more. Quasar outright states that Thor 'would leave him a bloody smear' if he was hit even once and Rachel's lowest tier (other than 'Unknown') is...4-A...So...

Basically, the only thing justifying Carol being 4-B is her scaling above Quasar, who could hurt a restraining Thor but Quasar himself admits that Thor would easily kill him. So, it's extremely doubtful she is anywhere near Thor's power.

Like I said, they were trying hard to make sure Carol didn't lose the 4-B rating. I'm just explaining what the intereptation/justification was.

The problem with CM is that she hasn't done that much. I'm not crazy familiar with her past character history or Quasar, but her Binary form was a short lived when first introduced. Then it went away from some years and then came back. It has such little showings and no decent matches against other 4-B characters. Even characters with smaller histories than her have better track records (EX: King Hyperion or Blue Marvel).

Honestly, I kind of regret not pushing harder for an Unknow for her Binary form but I've also gone down on record as not being a fan of her since she became Captain Marvel. I was afraid I'd be called biased or lose credibility. There are quite a number of Carol haters out there in the comic community.

"50% of SS2 Gohan could hold back SP Cell's Kamehameha"

Didn't Sera or Matt or someone disprove that Gohan was at half power and show that it was Gohan doubting himself? Idk if that's the case tho.

I am going with Vegeta due to reasons above

And just going to put this here but Prince Laharl would have been a better match up for Vegeta than Captain Marvel who is not really that much of a threat

CryoTheMayo said:
In-fact, I just checked more. Quasar outright states that Thor 'would leave him a bloody smear' if he was hit even once and Rachel's lowest tier (other than 'Unknown') is...4-A...So...
TBF, Rachel's Tier got upgraded literally today...

EDIT: In fact, every Phoenix Force Avatar got the same treatment it seems.

Iceassassin25 said:
I am going with Vegeta due to reasons above

And just going to put this here but Prince Laharl would have been a better match up for Vegeta than Captain Marvel who is not really that much of a threat
There are literally no reasons other then finding what Carol scales to

Try again

You're voting Vegeta For Reasons Above

There aren't any because he's asking what she scales to

So they aren't valid reasons to vote

Right now, Carol's ratings are in doubt. She could scale much, much higher than Vegeta, she could scale closer to his level or she could be an Unknown.

The only thing we know for sure is that Vegeta is better fighter.

I saw somebody go with Vegeta due to higher AP

And isn't battle of gods Vegeta around Universal where captain marvel is under that?

The real cal howard said:
"50% of SS2 Gohan could hold back SP Cell's Kamehameha"
Didn't Sera or Matt or someone disprove that Gohan was at half power and show that it was Gohan doubting himself? Idk if that's the case tho.
Gohan didn't tap into that until after Goku encouraged him. He was holding Cell's Kamehameha back before that.

Gohan was losing all the way until the end. Piccolo says that Gohan is being pushed back. Goku was saying that Gohan was still holding back with Gohan saying that he was giving everything he had. Then Vegeta blasts Cell in the head, distracting him. That gave Gohan the opening to win the beam struggle and kill Cell.

Except Gohan was directly responsible for holding Cell back. This is undeniably the case. Whether he was losing or not doesn't matter when Gohan already had the power to hold Cell back, indicating that, despite being at 50% power (from his own estimate) that he could still resist Cell, who was already stronger than SS Gohan before becoming Super Perfect.

Considering the huge gaps presented? I don't think SS2 being only 2x SS is even remotely reasonable. How would a 50% SS2 Gohan be resisting Cell if this were the case? As I already stated Gohan didn't tap into his actual power until Goku encouraged him. As soon as Gohan used his full power (and Cell was distracted) he completely vaporised Cell.

Back