• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
if Vecna's BFR can affect 1-A beings(with BDE) then Kevin can't resist it,but if it simply throws opponents to 1-A place then resisting is not a problem,I mean like others said range is different with potency

It does really 11-D because it kicked opponent to 11-D realm , which is separating from potency.
You should said more specifically that 11D range BFR, just 11D everything will make other people confuse and misunderstanding

Vecna only has 1-A stuff in god keys. Though how many layers of resistance does kevin have? Since by the time you get to the low 7-Bs of D&D you are needing around 22 layers of resistance.

Vecna only has 1-A stuff in god keys. Though how many layers of resistance does kevin have? Since by the time you get to the low 7-Bs of D&D you are needing around 22 layers of resistance.
To be honest: his layer of resistance is Unknown, because this guy feat is so low in number. But to my knowledge of the series, he possibly have 1-2 layer

Since D&D has a lot of resistances that would clutter pages. and we are also working a blog that is going over the resistances of the verse. with the stuff on that blog only being stuff from a single book.

His fear not driven by mind manip afaik , which mean resist mind manip won't help.

In the first round with speed unequalized, Kevin speed blitz and kill Vecna before he can do anything. The speed gap is too big and Vecna wont have time to do anything to save himself.

In the second round, things start to get more interesting. Tecnically speaking, BFR doesn't have dimensional potency, it's EE the thing that has it and since in Honkai those two work simultaneosly that's why many says that Honkai's characters has 11D BFR when in reality is the EE that has that.

So, Kevin resists BFR, but if said BFR works on 1-A characters which have resistance to it than he wont have much chance. Instead, like Delta333 said, if it just throws Kevin in a 1-A place then there wont be many problems for him to resist it, since he wont get thrown into it in the first place.

Another thing that might change the match are the layers of resistence for the BFR, and also how said BFR is performed since in Vecna's page there aren't many details about it.

It all plays down to the specifics of the BFR.

Fear hax ≠ mind hax.
Forcing the mind to feel something is mind manipulation, this is laughably basic.

If Kevin’s fear manipulation comes from people just being scared of his power and it isn’t supernaturally induced, then he shouldn’t even have fear Manip on his file to begin with.

His frear driven by aura.
Well that’s easy to describe, Aura having mind manipulating properties is highly common.

Sure as hell doesn’t mean that you force the mind to do something when the mind is already resistant to that.

Forcing the mind to feel something is mind manipulation, this is laughably basic.

If Kevin’s fear manipulation comes from people just being scared of his power and it isn’t supernaturally induced, then he shouldn’t even have fear Manip on his file to begin with.
It's not based on people being scared of his power since even Kiana and Seele, which didn't know who he was at the time, were almost paralized in fear only by looking at him or by sensing his presence.

And it's not something that affect the mind either. Grey Serpent is a robot, and still he was trembling in fear in his presence (despite being his ally). And Seele has NEP 1, but she was affect by his aura regardless.

Still, I don't think that this will be a huge deciding factor in this fight. At best it can buy Kevin some time to act since Vecna will be scared of him for a bit, but based on how the BFR stuff works this might be useless.

The real deciding factor here is Vecna's BFR, how it works and how likely it is that he will start with it.

I don’t see how that means it doesn’t effect the mind. Being NEP type 1 doesn’t mean anything if you can actually affect NEP, and Grey Serpant being a robot is technological manipulation.

Doesn’t Kevin get bullied by 1-A bfr here

also isn’t speed unequalized pointless?
Sub relativistic character(4.2%c) vs one with High Hypersonic reactions it’s just a blitz unless he has passives
Especially since Kevin has the AP to one shot

Well that’s easy to describe, Aura having mind manipulating properties is highly common.

Sure as hell doesn’t mean that you force the mind to do something when the mind is already resistant to that.
Then resist mind manip would also resist madness type 3 ?

Then resist mind manip would also resist madness type 3 ?
No because Madness Type 3 works based on you driving yourself insane from looking at something so grotesque.

Kevin is a (really hot) guy that’s forcibly driving somebody scared with his aura.

Doesn’t Kevin get bullied by 1-A bfr here

also isn’t speed unequalized pointless?
Sub relativistic character(4.2%c) vs one with High Hypersonic reactions it’s just a blitz unless he has passives
Especially since Kevin has the AP to one shot
Kevin resist bfr and vecna seem not start with that.

Kevin resist bfr and vecna seem not start with that.
If he doesn’t start with that then it appears in speed unequalized Kevin stomps
He just blitzes him and hits him with Shamash before he can do anything

I’ll just scroll up to see what has been said on this BfR though because its specifics could determine if Kevin wins or loses in the speed equalized round

I don’t see how that means it doesn’t effect the mind. Being NEP type 1 doesn’t mean anything if you can actually affect NEP, and Grey Serpant being a robot is technological manipulation.
Tecnically characters with NEP 1 doesn't have a mind in the first place, so doesn't affecting her with Fear Manipulation means that said Fear Manipulation isn't based on the mind? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, as I said before, that isn't really a deciding factor, so even if it does work it wont change that much.

This match seems mainly based on how the BFR works, how it's activated, how likely Vecna start with it and other factors. Does anyone have more informations about it? Because I can't find the BFR ability in Vecna's profile, so I don't know where to take the informations needed.

You’re half right.

NEP Type 1 means you can’t be effected because your mind doesn’t exist in the normal sense.

However, if you are fighting an opponent who can affect NEP Type 1, mind manipulation will affect you no problem. Just because he can affect robots and NEP doesn’t make his mind Manip more potent.

Not a deciding factor though like you mentioned.

There are specifics spells and abilities that make the opponent afraid, it's a whole mechanic (they must use their movement and actions to distance themself from the target they are afraid of, if physically possible). Vecna absolutely resists that.

Mindhaxing a NEP strikes me as the kind of logic as soul haxing a soulless enemy (see Digimon) or madness haxing inanimate objects (Earthbound). It's an oxymoron at surface level, some extra versatility for the power at best, but it doesn't translate to potency.

Last edited:
In fairness the mind still exists, just not on a normal level, so it’s not as ridiculous as soul haxing a soulless enemy.

soul haxing a soulless person would forever be my favorite concept due to how dumb and badass it is

Back