• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Various Star Wars Upgrades

You can ask The Everlasting and Soldier Blue to comment here if you wish.

Their Small Island level is the equivalent of our Large Mountain level, so no real upgrade there.

I think Sub-Rel Obi Wan is from Legends, but I could be wrong.

It's from Canon. However they did not list the feat, or maybe just because I'm dumb and couldn't find it. And also I forgot about the Small Island/Large Mountain equivalent thing lmfao.

There is no Low 6-C any more. It has been replaced with the High 7-A rating. The OBD's AP rating of Vader is exactly what we have. I think we should do something about the "At least X, Likely Y" ratings we have on the canon Force Adept profiles here. It has caused confusion in the past is is likely to do so in future.

And the Sub-Relativistic thing I think is from a questionable ROTS novelization feat which @Hop and @LordXcano (the latter was then on the calc group) stated we should not accept here. This was discussed in that one thread by @Drellix due to which we ended up downgrading all of the Canon Force Adept speeds.

"And the Sub-Relativistic thing I think is from a questionable ROTS novelization feat"

The Star Wars Movie Novelizations are all completely canon.

"which @Hop and @LordXcano (the latter was then on the calc group) stated we should not accept here. This was discussed in that one thread by @Drellix due to which we ended up downgrading all of the Canon Force Adept speeds"

This is also ignoring that the same novel also has blatant Relativistic and Lightspeed feats, and there are other canon feats on the same level.

@Matthew

The ROTS novelization by Matthew Stover falls under Legends. All novelizations prior to 2014 are considered Legends.

New novelizations of the previous six films (OT and PT) were and are being released and these fall under the Canon banner.

Are you sure that a separate thread wouldn't be better?

Jaden Korr reacting to, and slapping a laser back at a scout ship after it's already been fired.

He fell into the Force as the scout ship's wings flared and the weapons fired. To him, events seemed to slow. The lines of the ship's lasers extended outward from its guns, slowly reaching across space, crayon lines drawn by an invisible child.
In the Force, he sensed the trajectory of the blasts, the line of their approach. His lightsaber spun through space, the Force-augmented motion stressing the hardsuit. The shots slammed into the yellow line of his blade, and he deflected them back at the ship's cockpit. They split the space between them and knifed into the cockpit, which exploded into flame. The scout ship, bleeding smoke, streaked toward the pod.
-- Star Wars: Riptide

I-Five outright refers to his lasers as light-speed, citing it down to the kilometer.

Jax shrugged. "It makes no difference if it's the sixth one or the first one that kills you. Dead is dead. "
"I wouldn't know. I do know, however, ", I-Five said, "that you're much better with that sword than you think you are. "
Jax glanced down at the weapon, saw his disorted reflection looking back at him from the blade's surface. "Yeah? How do you know th---?"
I-Five suddenly whipped up his left hand, index finger extended, and fired a laser beam at Jax. The beam splashed off the ionized fire that suddenly coated the length of the blade, which Jax had automatically raised to block the beam.
"That's how," I-Five said, "The speed of light is just under three hundred thousand kilometers per second. You are currently seven-point-three meters from me. Your Force-augmented anticipatory reflex action is obviously working fine. You just have to let it."
-- Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows

Darth Vader reacting to, and stopping I-Five's laser in mid-air after the fact.

"Tell the droid to give me the bota, Pavan."
"The droid doesn't have it," said I-Five suddenly. Both hands came up in a lethal gesture, lasers firing. The beams sliced toward Vader . . . and stopped mere centimeters from his outstretched hand.
-- Coruscant Nights III: Patterns Of The Force

Darth Bane as a Sith Acolyte reacting in a Microsecond.

SWSpeed1
SWSpeed2
Vestara Khai's showing of reacting within a nanosecond.

SWSpeed3
Luke Skywalker attacking in nanoseconds, and this is before Fate of the Jedi I think.

Luke reached out with that power and latched onto the void that the Yuuzhan Vong vehicle had created. He pushed a bit, then tugged, in nanoseconds getting a feel for the power the dovin basals were able to exert to control the void. He almost smiled, since that amount of power was nothing compared to the Force, but he stopped himself short of pride in that fact.
Sarasu Taalon's showing of moving far faster than the laser bolt which moved in a nanosecond.

Luke pressed the trigger and held it down—then felt his jaw drop as bolts began to ricochet off the High Lord's palm. It wasn't the deflection of blasterfire with a bare hand that shocked him—he had fought plenty of Sith capable of that trick. What amazed Luke was the speed with which Taalon had moved. In the nanosecond it had taken the first bolt to cross the distance between them, the High Lord's hand had risen to deflect it, traveling so fast that the appendage had literally seemed to disappear from one place and reappear in another.
After tolerating the volley for a couple of seconds, Taalon grew weary of defending himself and crooked a finger. Luke tightened his grasp on the longblaster, expecting to feel it being ripped from his hands through the Force. Instead he found himself sliding out of his hiding place and tumbling through the air as he dropped toward the beach.
Luke tossed the longblaster aside and snatched his lightsaber, then quickly used the Force to right himself before he reached the beach. But Taalon did not hurl him into the sand, or even attempt to send him flying into Gavar Khai's scarlet blade. He merely dropped Luke to the ground at a distance of five meters, then motioned for Khai to put his weapon away.
-- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex

Anakin and Obi-Wan are quite capable of reacting to starships moving at a respectable fraction of lightspeed.

Obi-Wan was already making that exact move as Anakin spoke. But they were inverted to each other: breaking right shot him one way while Anakin whipped the other. The tri-fighters' cannons ripped space between them, tracking faster than their starfighters could slip. His onboard threat display chimed a warning: two of the droids had remote sensor locks on him. The others must have lit up his partner. "Anakin! Slip-jaws!"
"My thought exactly."
They blew past the tri-fighters, looping in evasive spirals. The droid ships wrenched themselves into pursuit maneuvers that would have killed any living pilot. The slip-jaws maneuver was named for the scissorlike mandibles of the Kashyyyk slash-spider. Droids closing rapidly on their tails, cannonfire stitching space on all sides, the two Jedi pulled their ships through perfectly mirrored rolls that sent them streaking head-on for each other from opposite ends of a vast Republic cruiser. For merely human pilots, this would be suicide. By the time you can see your partner's starfighter streaking toward you at a respectable fraction of lightspeed, it's already too late for your merely human reflexes to react.
But these particular pilots were far from merely human.
The Force nudged hands on control yokes and the Jedi starfighters twisted and flashed past each other belly-to-belly, close enough to scorch each other's paint.

Even MagnaGuards have Relativistic+ Reactions.

Three MagnaGuards, each with a double-ended weapon that generated an energy field impervious to lightsabers, each with reflexes that operated near lightspeed, each with hyper-sophisticated heuristic combat algorithms that enabled it to learn from experience and adapt its tactics instantly to any situation, were certainly beyond Obi-Wan's ability to defeat, but it was not Obi-Wan who would defeat them; Obi-Wan wasn't even fighting.
He was only a vessel, emptied of self. The Force, shaped by his skill and guided by his clarity of mind, fought through him. In the Force, he felt their destruction: it was somewhere above and behind him, and only seconds away. He went to meet it with a backflipping leap that the Force used to lift him neatly to an empty droid socket in the ceiling hive. The MagnaGuards sprang after him but he was gone by the time they arrived, leaping higher into the maze of girders and cables and room-sized cargo containers that was the control center's superstructure.
-- Revenge of the Sith

And Sidious is so fast Anakin can't even see him moving:

Anakin blinked and rubbed his eyes again. Maybe he was still a bit flash-blind—the Korun Master seemed to be fading in and out of existence, half swallowed by a thickening black haze in which danced a meter-long bar of sunfire. Mace pressed back the darkness with a relentless straight-ahead march; his own blade, that distinctive amethyst blaze that had been the final sight of so many evil beings across the galaxy, made a haze of its own: an oblate sphere of purple fire within which there seemed to be dozens of swords slashing in all directions at once.
The shadow he fought, that blur of speed—could that be Palpatine?
Their blades flared and flashed, crashing together with bursts of fire, weaving nets of killing energy in exchanges so fast that Anakin could not truly see them—but he could feel them in the Force. The Force itself roiled and burst and crashed around them, boiling with power and lightspeed ricochets of lethal intent. And it was darkening.
He could feel the end of this battle approaching, and so could the blur of Sith he faced; in the Force, the shadow had become a pulsar of fear.
--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

@Matthew

Do you currently have access to the novel The Old Republic: Deceived? There's a feat there where Aryn Leneer augments her speed with the Force to the point that a single millisecond feels like an entire minute to her. That is insane.

Soldier Blue said:
@Matthew
The ROTS novelization by Matthew Stover falls under Legends. All novelizations prior to 2014 are considered Legends.

New novelizations of the previous six films (OT and PT) were and are being released and these fall under the Canon banner.
Are you sure? I could've sworn that the novelizations were still officially canon per a tweet.

The Everlasting said:
Are you sure? I could've sworn that the novelizations were still officially canon per a tweet.
Yeah, it's Legends. All novelizations and comics released prior to May 2014 fall under Legends. If it released May 2014 onward, then it's Canon. The original six films have received new canon novelizations that released 2015 onward and do include a lot of material that did not make it to the films. There may be some good feats in them. Problem is that I can't find them in any book store or online over here in India.

What I meant was a tweet said that the novelizations, despite coming out before the Legends rebranding, were still canon.

Then again, that was before the new novelizations, so maybe they changed it.

I think Pablo Hidalgo himself once stated that the old film novelizations are no longer considered canon.

Back