• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So first of all
Dooku should be upgraded to solar System since he is consistently in yoda and palpatine levels

Vader should also be upgraded to solar System same for anakin since darth vader is consistently stated to be above anakin (not just for ep 6) and stated above yoda and windu
Anakin himself is stated above windu

Obiwan gets sound and fear Manipulation

This is only for legends btw
Imma revise Canon later

Dooku was scared shitless of Yoda and was completely overwhelmed by him in seconds.

Obi-Wan scales to Anakin so he'd be 4-B as well, which makes Grievous 4-B, and so on and so forth. Anakin being 4-B breaks scaling, especially getting near people like Palpatine.

Ability additions are fine.

Obi-Wan scales to Anakin so he'd be 4-B as well
This is actually not true at all. In Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, Vader is explicitly stated to have been weakened during his duel with Obi-Wan on Mustafar.

Obi-Wan was also overpowered by Dooku during Revenge of the Sith, but Anakin is stated on multiple occasions to be superior to Dooku. Even at his weakest, Vader was stated to be comparable or superior to Dooku.

Obi-Wan doesn’t scale to a full power Anakin/Vader.

Dooku was scared shitless of Yoda and was completely overwhelmed by him in seconds.

Obi-Wan scales to Anakin so he'd be 4-B as well, which makes Grievous 4-B, and so on and so forth. Anakin being 4-B breaks scaling, especially getting near people like Palpatine.

Ability additions are fine.
When?

Also in the novels is stated anakin was nerfed vs Obiwan
I can give scan

This is actually not true at all. In Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, Vader is explicitly stated to have been weakened during his duel with Obi-Wan on Mustafar.

Obi-Wan was also overpowered by Dooku during Revenge of the Sith, but Anakin is stated on multiple occasions to be superior to Dooku. Even at his weakest, Vader was stated to be comparable or superior to Dooku.

Obi-Wan doesn’t scale to a full power Anakin/Vader.
He wasn't weakened by billions if not trillions of times
I believe it was the comic of the fight stating Dooku's thoughts

He wasn't weakened by billions if not trillions of times

I believe it was the comic of the fight stating Dooku's thoughts
Dooku could just be scared since yoda was his master Tbh
He was shown 2 times to fight even with yoda being also stated it was even and Shown he can fight windu who is nearly on par with yoda
And about obi wan part would just mean Obiwan would downscale but very barely
Palpatine would still slap Obiwan since dooku bodied obi wan as well
Btw ik is non Canon but sw what if from the time eu was still alive that shown anakin to be palpatine tier

Your case for Dooku is good. Dooku’s battle with Yoda during AOTC consists of him entering the battle tired, matching Yoda in the Force contest portion of the fight, then being at a disadvantage to Yoda in a duel but exhausting him in the process.

Your case for Anakin scaling to titans is good. He's stated to be above Yoda multiple times.

Original Trilogy Vader is weaker than TPM fighters. That has been stated multiple times by G-canon sources, and Vader has zero feats to back up the notion that he grew past Anakin. DT Vader concedes inferiority to Karness Muur, and in Resurrection, ANH Vader is humiliated by a clone of TPM Maul.

Your case for Dooku is good. Dooku’s battle with Yoda during AOTC consists of him entering the battle tired, matching Yoda in the Force contest portion of the fight, then being at a disadvantage to Yoda in a duel but exhausting him in the process.

Your case for Anakin scaling to titans is good. He's stated to be above Yoda multiple times.

Original Trilogy Vader is weaker than TPM fighters. That has been stated multiple times by G-canon sources, and Vader has zero feats to back up the notion that he grew past Anakin. DT Vader concedes inferiority to Karness Muur, and in Resurrection, ANH Vader is humiliated by a clone of TPM Maul.
Hm

Also in reference to Dooku, he straight-up fights Obi Wan and Mace Windu at the same time in Republic Heroes, the story which was overseen by Dave Filoni and the writers of the clone wars and was at the time a canonical sequel to Season 1 of The Clone Wars.

Though there is a major Legends Revision happening so i think this should wait.

Also in reference to Dooku, he straight-up fights Obi Wan and Mace Windu at the same time in Republic Heroes, the story which was overseen by Dave Filoni and the writers of the clone wars and was at the time a canonical sequel to Season 1 of The Clone Wars.

Though there is a major Legends Revision happening so i think this should wait.
Can Obiwan abilities adition at least be added now or that also wait?

Vader is stated to have surpassed his previous peaks as of Return of the Jedi which should imply superiority to Anakin and I vaguely recall Palpatine being of the belief that Vader could have surpassed Anakin with enough prodding

As for Dooku I'm torn; he has the above but then TCW (The second highest form of canon) shows him getting pretty easily overpowered by Sidious.

I'd definitely suggest waiting for the revisions to be finished tho

Vader is stated to have surpassed his previous peaks as of Return of the Jedi which should imply superiority to Anakin and I vaguely recall Palpatine being of the belief that Vader could have surpassed Anakin with enough prodding
This. Vader is actually stated to have surpassed his previous peak during A New Hope, with Obi-Wan even stating that he could recognize Anakin’s power within Vader’s armor.

Hm
As for Dooku I'm torn; he has the above but then TCW (The second highest form of canon) shows him getting pretty easily overpowered by Sidious.
Hm looked seems Like he only overpowered dooku trough force chook once
Dooku scaling to him looks more consistent
Since dooku fought on par with yoda in ep 2 in a eu comic fought on par with mace who is blatantkt almost equal to palpatine and yoda in a eu comic and fought mace in a game Canon to eu and even an official source supporting dooku scaling to yoda
Late reply ik Tbh

I'd definitely suggest waiting for the revisions to be finished tho
That is true. Vader does indeed have a lot of sources about his prime being in the OT and even sources on Vader being comparable to Sidious, but the main issue is that those sources conflict with what Lucas has stated and with Vader's own feats. In a tug war between C-canon and G-canon, the winner is obvious.

Sidious Force-choking Dooku shouldn't be treated as an anti-feat for Dooku. The Count doesn't feel he's at peril. He thinks he’s irreplaceable, even as late as ROTS during the Invisible Hand when fighting Anakin.

Hm

Hm looked seems Like he only overpowered dooku trough force chook once
Dooku scaling to him looks more consistent
That still has the very real precedent that Palps can overthrow Dooku and Palpatine seems to imply Anakin isn't stronger then him as of ROTS (which Dooku being relative to Sidious would claim)
Since dooku fought on par with yoda in ep 2 in a eu comic fought on par with mace who is blatantkt almost equal to palpatine and yoda in a eu comic and fought mace in a game Canon to eu and even an official source supporting dooku scaling to yoda
Mace is getting revised; he fights Palpatine because of Vaapad and its implied Palpatine threw the battle

That is true. Vader does indeed have a lot of sources about his prime being in the OT and even sources on Vader being comparable to Sidious, but the main issue is that those sources conflict with what Lucas has stated and with Vader's own feats. In a tug war between C-canon and G-canon, the winner is obvious.
The problem reveals itself
  • Death of the Author applies if paratext is inconsistent with text
    • Which the 80 percent statement would be because of all the statements Vader has grown in power since Mustafar (I recall 7)
    • The WOG wouldn't come under G Canon necessarily because G Canon refers to the context of the actual films; not behind the scenes statements
Sidious Force-choking Dooku shouldn't be treated as an anti-feat for Dooku. The Count doesn't feel he's at peril. He thinks he’s irreplaceable, even as late as ROTS during the Invisible Hand when fighting Anakin.
He views himself as a valuable part of the plan; that doesn't mean he isn't aware of Palpatine's power and there are way too many statements implying Sidious' superiority for Dooku to be relative.

That still has the very real precedent that Palps can overthrow Dooku and Palpatine seems to imply Anakin isn't stronger then him as of ROTS (which Dooku being relative to Sidious would claim)
Could just be anakin is slightly below him
We can't really quantify the gaps between dooku anakin and palpatine so
Also source call mace close to windu
Could be he needs it to beat palpatine

Could just be anakin is slightly below him
Except by assuming Dooku is already on par with Palpatine Anakin should be > Sidious by scaling
  • As a Knight he did much better against Dooku then Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • He grew even stronger and fought Dooku in the TCW movie
  • He then fights Dooku during TCW Season 4
    • Filoni even states Tyranus was going all out and Skywalker was not protected by Palpatine
  • He then "doubles" in power and outright defeats Dooku
    • Dooku genuinely feared for his life here and went all out in this fight
    • Palpatine claims to Grievous his "new apprentice" is more powerful then Dooku
  • I can't recall if this is new Canon exclusive (@ByAsura could help) but a Star Wars databank claims Anakin grew even stronger after his turn as Darth Vader
So we're looking at a character who's been relative to Dooku for years, regularly growing in power up until outright destroying him in combat, later being stated as being more powerful before supposedly growing even more after his fall to the Dark Side. If Dooku was even slightly sub Palpatine that'd still imply Anakin should already be powerful enough to succeed Sidious
We can't really quantify the gaps between dooku anakin and palpatine so
We kinda can tbh
Dooku should be "Likely far higher", referencing that stuff while also noting he isn't normally treated as being that strong
Also source call mace close to windu
?
Could be he needs it to beat palpatine
Vaapad works by using dark side energies to strengthen the user; the fact he's going into the fight with a ton of rage at having been deceived for years and fighting a war for the very enemy he's been hunting AND the fact he's up against the strongest Sith of all time is going to make this no normal fight.

And again; Palpatine threw the fight

Vaapad works by using dark side energies to strengthen the user; the fact he's going into the fight with a ton of rage at having been deceived for years and fighting a war for the very enemy he's been hunting AND the fact he's up against the strongest Sith of all time is going to make this no normal fight.

And again; Palpatine threw the fight
🤔
Imma see about this later then

Meant source also regonize mace close to yoda 💩
Ah I see; my apologies
Still Mace being close to Yoda might just qualify for a likely far higher, especially since didn't he struggle with Grievous?

Which would mean Obi-Wan would be close to someone who's close to Yoda who's roughly relative to Palpatine
🤔
Imma see about this later then
I'll see if I can find a source
This. Vader is actually stated to have surpassed his previous peak during A New Hope, with Obi-Wan even stating that he could recognize Anakin’s power within Vader’s armor.
Actually thank you for reminding me; with the proposed Dooku scaling this would mean that Jedi Vader is > Empire Vader who's > ANH Vader who's >> someone who's already much stronger then someone who scales to Yoda; implying Vader should have surpassed Palpatine by now. I do know Sidious grew between trilogies but still, it's got massive implications that don't add up

Ah I see; my apologies
Still Mace being close to Yoda might just qualify for a likely far higher, especially since didn't he struggle with Grievous?

Which would mean Obi-Wan would be close to someone who's close to Yoda who's roughly relative to Palpatine

I'll see if I can find a source

Actually thank you for reminding me; with the proposed Dooku scaling this would mean that Jedi Vader is > Empire Vader who's > ANH Vader who's >> someone who's already much stronger then someone who scales to Yoda; implying Vader should have surpassed Palpatine by now. I do know Sidious grew between trilogies but still, it's got massive implications that don't add up
I think a few books here and there actually state that OT Vader is straight up superior to Yoda a few times. Can't remember which ones though.

Ah I see; my apologies
Still Mace being close to Yoda might just qualify for a likely far higher, especially since didn't he struggle with Grievous
Would be weird since mace can fight dooku who easily beat Obiwan who is grievous rival
Though i Think was only the animated show where iirc gets damage in the Last Fight which is right before ep 3

I think a few books here and there actually state that OT Vader is straight up superior to Yoda a few times. Can't remember which ones though.
They don’t explicitly state Vader > Yoda, but there is a multitude of sources that state Vader is the second most powerful person in the galaxy during the original trilogy, which would put him above Yoda.

And Vader >>> RotJ Luke, who is stated to be the most powerful Jedi of all time, but that’s stuff for the verse-wife revisions

Would be weird since mace can fight dooku who easily beat Obiwan who is grievous rival
Though i Think was only the animated show where iirc gets damage in the Last Fight which is right before ep 3
Obi-Wan can kick Grievous's ass because he is THE master of form 3 of lightsaber combat(Seresu, I forget the name) which perfectly countered Grievous's fighting style, along with Grievous Bing weakened due to mace force crushing his ass

Obi-Wan can kick Grievous's ass because he is THE master of form 3 of lightsaber combat(Seresu, I forget the name) which perfectly countered Grievous's fighting style, along with Grievous Bing weakened due to mace force crushing his ass
Also Obi-Wan was “amped” against Grievous, as he had given himself over to the Force and was letting it guide his movements.

O yeah that too
And just found in the animated windu weakens grievous before ep 3

Back