• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vampire Battle - Cole MacGrath vs Shinobu Oshino

Well it is fast and and I'm talking about size. He's untouchable since he has a forcefield around him while he does the Ionic Drain.

Yes, it's fast, but HOW FAST. Give me a feat.

What dura does the forcefield have?

That's not really untouchable, it's the same dura as Cole himself.

Also there's a solid chance Kokorowatari could cut through it; it's let characters easily cut through forcefields too strong for them to get through with their own strength.

I mean, an extremely athletic high school girl (I believe she can run at 100m sprint speeds for hours) was unable to stand after simply punching one of Shinobu's minions (with passive on-contact energy drain) three times.

Has ionic storm been shown to KO low 6-Bs? I'd kind of expect him to have a higher tier if that's the case. And if it only KOs lower-tiers I don't think it would necessarily KO someone higher; it's not like that bypasses dura.

Also, that only strikes one target, right? Shinobu could feasibly regen and duplicate herself.

Wouldn't that be an AP stomp due to being able to KO any low 6-B?

Yeah if you consider Cole winning. I think it took Cole 2 tries with Ionic Storm--lightning storm to knock out The Beast.

Okay, voting for a stomp in Cole's favor from KO.

Yeesh, you leave for a few days and suddenly all your threads get popular. Anyway, just a few minor nitpicks.

This is basically just inFamous 2 Base Cole with his vampire powers, so he doesn't have any of the Beast's abilities

He only has resistance to matter manipulation in this form

It's unknown if size affecting the Ionic Drain is a game mechanic or not

His resurrection is pretty meh tbh

Ionic Storm is definitely many times stronger than his normal attacks, but it didn't one shot the Beast (it was a combination of Nix's suicide attack and Ionic Storm)

The Barbed Cross ignores durability and regen against vampires, but it depends on how strong they are. The Cross didn't OHK Mary because she was the strongest vampire around, but it did severely damage her and mess up her Regenerationn.

Resistance to matter manipulation shouldn't really matter since Shinobu doesn't use it in that way, she just creates with it.

What would need to be done to counter Cole's regen? Would, say, draining him of all his energy likely do it? Repeatedly killing?

As long as Ionic Storm wouldn't just knockout Shinobu, even if it vaporizes her she should still be able to regen from it.

How strong was Mary's regen? Shinobu's is at least Low-High in a few seconds, and Mid-High over a longer amount of time.

Alright, just clarifying that Cole can't manipulate matter in this form

Basically hit him hard enough and fast enough to overwhelm his regen and eventually he'll go down. Draining his energy is kinda hard cause he's resistant to energy absorption.

Alright, but Ionic Storm still is still many times stronger than his normal attacks.

Mary's regen is around mid-high if I believe

I don't think Cole has anyway to beat her if Ionic Drain nor Ionic Storm is not gonna work so I'll say inconclusive.

Sorry, I meant to say "to counter Cole's resurrection".

It may be several times stronger than his normal attacks, but Shinobu's AP/Dura feat is from her casually traveling from one place to another.

The Barbed Cross should be able to mess up Shinobu then and is Cole's best shot for a win. What kind of range does it have?

Hm, so Shinobu has extended melee with Kokorowatari, which only affects supernatural beings, then higher with throwing swords/fire manipulation/shape shifting/shockwaves, as well as her having some good ways to create distance with darkness manip, flight, and intangibility.

But she'd still get messed up by the barbed cross if Cole lands a hit.

I'm not sure on this one.

Looking at it, Shinobu is aparently a casual baseline, so Cole does have a decent AP advantage. Not only that, but the Cross is quite effective against Vampires.

Just stating the obvious for now since I don't know the person that isn't named Cole.

The difference between top and baseline small country is only 7x, but I thought Shinobu's feat wasn't calced? Do we know that 'casually almost destroyed Antarctica' is baseline?

I don't know the person that IS Cole, but I could answer your questions about Shinobu.

However, I don't really know whether "Cole manages to get close and get a hit in with the barbed cross" is more likely than "Cole doesn't manage to get close and gets pulverized from several hundred meters away". And those seem to be the two likely outcomes to this fight.

Or if Cole getting hit by a shockwave/telekinesis would end up disarming him or launching the Cross into himself.

EDIT: I found the calc, it's mid-high end Small Country level. 1.4-2.2x10^22 J. As stated by a calc group member in another thread, it'd likely be higher since that calc ignores the stone landmass.

Kokorowatari would definitely mess up Cole if he got hit by it since he's a vampire in this form, though I'm not sure how it will affect the Barbed Cross given it's lore

I'm not too sure either, if it's supernatural it should cleanly slice it.

Also note that Shinobu isn't limited to materializing one Kokorowatari, we've seen her do four at once with no clear upper limit. She can also throw them with impressive precision, throwing it from hundreds of meters away to cleanly cut a bamboo stick at half at the exact time a clock hit the hour mark.

I was asking cause of the Barbed Cross' description:

"Its core was composed of wood from a crucifixion cross. The cross itself was forged from silver in Solomon's Temple and was then submerged in holy water in Vatican City. After its creation, it was blessed by the 'Big Guy himself."

Well, going by how Kokorowatari works against things that are partially supernatural, it'd remove/conceptually damage the supernatural elements and leave everything else unharmed.

The silver and wood would definitely stay, the holy water would probably stay, but the blessing from a God seems like it could be removed.

I was asking cause I know how silver affects things in the Kizumonogatari verse (though I've only a seen a few of the movies)

The direct showing of silver we have is with Koyomi, he got whammed by a silver cross, which left a tiny blue burn on his shoulder where it hit, seemingly stopping Regenerationn where it hit.

However, there are a few weird circumstantial things for whether it would affect Shinobu or not. One of the three vampire hunters who failed at killing her even when she wanted to die had a silver cross. They'd also performed a ritual to stop her Regenerationn, AND stolen her heart, and she was still able to regenerate until she lost too much blood. So perhaps her Regenerationn is so stupidly above Koyomi's that silver wouldn't affect her.

Also, she's stated (in reference to vampires not being able to appear in front of a mirror), that for her a weakness isn't a weakness, and she can choose to put in energy to override them. In that case, using extra energy to be able to appear in mirrors.

Kokorowatari has easily destroyed barriers of a supernatural origin way above a person's AP before, but I don't know enough about Cole's deflection to answer conclusively.

Cole's barriers aren't supernatural. All of his powers that aren't from his vampire abilities are scientific in nature.

Well then there's another problem for Cole; Kokorowatari phases through anything that isn't supernatural. So his barriers would be completely ineffective against it.

Back