• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Values of Rock Violent Fragmentation

Alakabamm

VS Battles
Retired
Currently, we have two values of rock violent fragmentation running around: 69 J/cc and 120 J/cc.

As there is a rather large discrepancy between these values, it is important to decide upon which value is better to use for calcs or if both are usable, each in specific situations.

The first, 69 J/cc, comes from rock uniaxial compressive strength, as provided in one of Iwandesu's blogs

The second, 120 J/cc, comes from the energy value of a tri-cone rock drill, provided here .

Both instances showcase areas where regular fragmentation is exceeded but I am unsure which approach we should take, given that it is impossible to make some standard of measuring the level of violence in each and every calc VF is used for.

Any opinions on this?

69 J/cc I suppose? That's what most of NarutoForums uses at least, as well as several people on the site, I've noticed, and I don't think it would hurt in this instance to lean on the conservative side.

69 j/cc. I don't know what a tri-cone rock drill is but assuming it's like other drills it probably does something more similar to pulverization rather than baseline fragmentation as well.

Plus 69 j/cc is more popular with the kids.

Hmm. As usual, please ask the remaining calculatoon group members for input regarding this, and if necessary, then update the following pages accordingly:

Calculations

Calculation Guide

I'm not a calc type person (like Ant and some others), but i think 69 j/cc is what we should go. Like what Xcano and Perp said earlier, it seems that formula thing is used more than the 120 j/cc one.

Illuminati introduced the 120 J/cc value that is on our calculation page to this point back when he wrote the page, so I would also be especially interested in his opinion here.

That said I don't mind using 69 J/cc, even though I wonder if many calcs have to be changed...

Hmm. Should definitely get him to here then to see his opinion.

Though that said, if we use the 69 J/cc formula....thing rather than the 120 J/cc, i get the feeling that any calc's we have here would have to be adjusted to that the former (i.e 69 J/cc thing).

Well, we cannot go through all of our calculations. People will have to tell us if they encounter inaccurate tier ratings afterwards.

@DontTalk & Alakabamm Okay. Feel free to adjust the previous value in any of our guideline pages that have listed it.

Spealing of Crazystarf's profile: Are any of the values listed there missing from our official charts? And if so, would you be willing to fill them in Alakabamm?

Antvasima said:
Spealing of Crazystarf's profile: Are any of the values listed there missing from our official charts? And if so, would you be willing to fill them in Alakabamm?
Okay, I did it

Just speaking my thoughts aloud, but doesnt 8j/cc for fragmenting rock sound far to low? Like 8 joules is comparable to waving your hand infront of your face, I think being able to fragment rock with that force sounds quite odd no?

Sorry if this sounds outrageous but it is something that I have pondered about for awhile now.

Yeah, I doubt I could fragment a rock of that size with only 8 joules of force. That value just does not bode well with me at all for some reason. I mean a weak slap has about that value, it would not even be able to cause cracks in a rock of that size let alone fragment it.

Back