• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vaccine Man tier upgrade

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Honestly having to make a full on forum post for this now that comments are gone feels kinda weird.

Anyway, why is Vaccine Man below Sea King on the OPM verse page? SK is listed as a High Tier and VM is listed as a MH tier. However, in the official databook, VM is listed as a Dragon level threat whereas SK is only Demon level. Now I know simply tiering a character based only on their threat level wouldn't work very well, but in this case, it doesn't seem to make sense not to. The Hero Association had plenty of time to observe both Sea King and Vaccine Man. They saw Sea King's defeat of numerous heroes, and yet his threat level remained at Demon. Vaccine Man, though we don't know the exact amount of time he was observed for, proved dangerous enough to warrant a Dragon level rating.

For this reason, not only does it seem Vaccine Man should be bumped up from Mid-High to High on the verse page, but also City level+ instead of Small City level, as well as Hypersonic+ (there is no reason to assume he's significantly slower than guys like Genos and Sea King). It makes no sense for what is considered a Dragon level threat to be significantly lower than what was deemed a Demon level threat after extensive observation.

I do agree about the upgrade for Vaccine, however sea king was only stated as demon in his shrunk form , his original form was probably on Dragon level as well

I think that this seems reasonable. Feel free to do the upgrade.

(Also, personally speaking, I find the wiki work easier to handle and get an overview of after we disabled the comments. Most popular wikis seem to do the same thing.)

"They saw Sea King's defeat of numerous heroes, and yet his threat level remained at Demon"

I think this is a case of attack potency != destructive capacity. Sea King only demonstrated building level feats but he did show that he was able to dish out more damage than that with his attacks.

I agree with the upgrade though.

BOS monsters with no relation to saitaima/hero ass. are among the most powerful so far. vaccine, rhino etc.

im in for the upgrade as well

I have upgraded his page and the verse's page, accordingly.

@RavenSupreme

Indeed. OPM truly is a strange series in that some of the very first enemies have been some of the deadliest (albeit just as easily OHK'd). The very first guy Saitama ROFLmurders in the whole series was confirmed to be the second highest threat level. Though he was never assessed (due to the HA having no idea he existed), the guidebook confirms Asura Rhino/Carnage Kabuto would definitely be considered a Dragon level threat if he had escaped. Beefcake effortlessly wiped out a city with a swing of his arm. I remember hearing somewhere that he was still considered Demon level (albeit at like, the highest end of the spectrum), but I'd need to find verification for that. The only Mysterious Beings to be significantly stronger thus far have been Boros (and his men) and Garou. Hell, even one of Boros' soldiers literally swatted a group of Demon level threats like flies, not to mention took on and nearly overwhelmed a large group of S-Class heroes until they found his weakness.

Edit: Yeah, apparently Beefcake is only Demon level. Probably means guys like Asura Rhino could do even more damage if they got out into public.

well in the garou arc there are monsters which i personally see above guys like vaccine man-> golden sperm for example

but yeha. beefcake, rhino, vaccine..they all got one-punched into oblivion before anyone could find out how they would give the hero ass. hell lol

Back