• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

V1 and V2's attack speed upgrade attempt + question

okay so, i wanna see if we got enough evidence on the electric railcannon scaling to lightning and stuff

just to be clear, no one scales to this IIRC, is just attack speed

• ELECTRIC railcannon
  • Called "Electric guns"
  • "Originally meant as a handheld generator, allowing for an easy way to generate electricity for temporary relocation, such as encampments during wars or expeditions."
  • "It was repurposed as a weapon by the machine that wielded it, turning it from a lower voltage constant output into a single extremely high burst of energy"
  • Uses batteries
  • Is the weapon used for the puzzle who's hint says you need the "Electric magic of the druids"
  • Said secret is achieved by by shooting water with it which turns on a battery somewhere else, said battery looks like 2 metal balls with electricity being exchanged between them
  • Terminal tells you not to use on water, i think it was a unimplemented feature of dying if you shoot underwater but you can currently so idk
  • if you shoot an enemy with nails on them, they get bonus damage and you get the "+CONDUCTOR" style bonus.

i think that's all

as for the question, think i'll try calculating a lowball for the revolver's speed, which bullet should i compare it to, like obviously it is far stronger since it damages 8-A stuff, but a good lowball to it's kinectic energy, i did one on discord using .357 magnum for instance

okay so, i wanna see if we got enough evidence on the electric railcannon scaling to lightning and stuff

just to be clear, no one scales to this IIRC, is just attack speed

• ELECTRIC railcannon
  • Called "Electric guns"
  • "Originally meant as a handheld generator, allowing for an easy way to generate electricity for temporary relocation, such as encampments during wars or expeditions."
  • "It was repurposed as a weapon by the machine that wielded it, turning it from a lower voltage constant output into a single extremely high burst of energy"
  • Uses batteries
  • Is the weapon used for the puzzle who's hint says you need the "Electric magic of the druids"
  • Said secret is achieved by by shooting water with it which turns on a battery somewhere else, said battery looks like 2 metal balls with electricity being exchanged between them
  • Terminal tells you not to use on water, i think it was a unimplemented feature of dying if you shoot underwater but you can currently so idk
  • if you shoot an enemy with nails on them, they get bonus damage and you get the "+CONDUCTOR" style bonus.
I mean I don't think anyone would disagree it's electric but why would it be lightning speed necessarily.
as for the question, think i'll try calculating a lowball for the revolver's speed, which bullet should i compare it to, like obviously it is far stronger since it damages 8-A stuff, but a good lowball to it's kinectic energy, i did one on discord using .357 magnum for instance
It's not firing conventional bullets, it's practically a tiny railgun:

"A weapon created during the Final War for medium-to-long distance combat. Uses electric pulses to fire microscopic pieces of metal at incredibly high speeds.

Weapons that use this technology have been dubbed "electric guns", and it quickly became the new standard, replacing bullet guns. Due to still requiring a microscopic projectile, its ammo is not actually infinite, but it would take weeks of non-stop firing to run out and refilling is as easy as just scraping some flakes from scrap metal or even the gun's surface.
"

I mean I don't think anyone would disagree it's electric but why would it be lightning speed necessarily.

It's not firing conventional bullets, it's practically a tiny railgun:

"A weapon created during the Final War for medium-to-long distance combat. Uses electric pulses to fire microscopic pieces of metal at incredibly high speeds.

Weapons that use this technology have been dubbed "electric guns", and it quickly became the new standard, replacing bullet guns. Due to still requiring a microscopic projectile, its ammo is not actually infinite, but it would take weeks of non-stop firing to run out and refilling is as easy as just scraping some flakes from scrap metal or even the gun's surface.
"
I am not sure how we treat electricity and lightning tbh, i think i have seen some characters who's electricity feats were treated as lightning without it being called as such, but i am not sure

Yes i know, which is why it is worth calcing because they deal high damage to bodies despite their size, meaning they must be going very fast to have a kinectic energy at least comparable to revolvers

Yes i know, which is why it is worth calcing because they deal high damage to bodies despite their size, meaning they must be going very fast to have a kinectic energy at least comparable to revolvers
Calculating Speed from Kinetic Energy is not allowed and I'm pretty sure that's also Calc Stacking.

As for the electric thing. It's not Cloud-to-Ground Lightning, which is 440000 m/s, but it should at least be comparable to this electric gun calc (I think the accepted value is 556 m/s?)

Calculating Speed from Kinetic Energy is not allowed and I'm pretty sure that's also Calc Stacking.

As for the electric thing. It's not Cloud-to-Ground Lightning, which is 440000 m/s, but it should at least be comparable to this electric gun calc (I think the accepted value is 556 m/s?)
i find that bs when talking about projectiles, especially since we had an accepted calc for boros' ship bullets doing just that, but whatever then

also it wouldn't be calc stalking, i would be calculating the mass, using the KE of a revolver bullet and getting speed from it, all in the same calc

for the lightning part, yeeeeah the only things i found in the game that could be used a STRETCH is that ferryman's lightning attack can be reflected by coins to get the +ULTRARICOCHET bonus, which you get with the electric railgun, and that if you hit someone with nails with it, you also get the +CONDUCTOR bonus, but like, the former is too vague and the latter is just, wow what a shocker, lightning is electric :v

'just a shocker' truly no pun intended
the +ULTRARICOCHET bonus is a pretty far stretched argument in my opinion.
You can get it from shooting a coin with a charged revolver or chargebacking a maurice from what I remember (might be wrong)

Yeah it is indeed far stretched, though tbf, the revolver uses electricity as well and the charged shoots use the battery's whole juice, and i don't think you can get it from maurice's blast IIRC, only +CHARGEBACK

Doesn't matter cuz the logic itself is a massive reach, even if the reason behind the bonus was because of the attacks being similar, it would just be because they are piercing multi hit attacks, and even if there was a bigger similarity, again, lightning is always electricity, but electricity is not always lightning

Back