• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

V Revision

So ive got some numbers.

Corpo district is 750 M in diameter.

From Arasaka tower, itd need a blast radius of 500 M to take out Corpo Plaza.

Wuts the current formula for nukes?
BTW, mind sharing some screenshots as to how you got the 750 m number for Corpo Plaza? The 525m minimum radius required for the bomb to reach the bottom of the building first is easy enough to figure out using common sense and a google search on building storey height, but I don't have the game myself to use the in-game map to set a marker to see how far one point of Corpo Plaza is from the other far point of Corpo Plaza.

BTW, mind sharing some screenshots as to how you got the 750 m number for Corpo Plaza? The 525m minimum radius required for the bomb to reach the bottom of the building first is easy enough to figure out using common sense and a google search on building storey height, but I don't have the game myself to use the in-game map to set a marker to see how far one point of Corpo Plaza is from the other far point of Corpo Plaza.
Im gonna have to take more since the ones i took arent the best

20210105-223420.jpg

I was looking the map at the time but the blue line is 750 M.

Also the 500 M radius i got was from the center of Arasaka Tower to the Militech building (the one directly in front of Arasaka tower).

Arasaka has some known values. The bomb blew up 366 M from the ground. Arasaka tower is 494 M tall.

Also Smasher is like 2 M tall and 300 Kg lmao.

The dude literally dwarfs every other character and is made slmost entirely of metal.

Im gonna have to take more since the ones i took arent the best

20210105-223420.jpg

I was looking the map at the time but the blue line is 750 M.

Also the 500 M radius i got was from the center of Arasaka Tower to the Militech building (the one directly in front of Arasaka tower).

Arasaka has some known values. The bomb blew up 366 M from the ground. Arasaka tower is 494 M tall.
Ye I think you low-balled the actual size of the Corpo Plaza quite a bit. To my knowledge the actual district map for Corpo Plaza isn't just limited to a circle, it's a bit bigger than that from the images I saw of the official district maps. Diameter's fine but that's not the full length of the Corpo Plaza.

Last edited:
I think you low-balled the actual size of the Corpo Plaza quite a bit
I dont think so. The game tells u wen u leave/enter corpo plaza so just placed a marker at the 2 furthest points.

But yea, pretty much everything around arasaka tower was destroyed.

I dont think so. The game tells u wen u leave/enter corpo plaza so just placed a marker at the 2 furthest points.

But yea, pretty much everything around arasaka tower was destroyed.
Can you show me which building on the map is Arasaka Tower? Sorry if I seem a bit hesitant but I haven't played the game yet so...

I know this isn't fully related, but out of curiosity, would Johnny Silverhand scale to this or just be 9-B?

I know this isn't fully related, but out of curiosity, would Johnny Silverhand scale to this or just be 9-B?
Johnny got rekt by Smasher, but his height and weight would scale to the normal people and peds I guess.

EDIT: Sorry, ****** up the approximations, waiting to upload for a correction.

Last edited:
Curiously, how many storeys does Arasaka Tower have in total with its 494 m height?

Arasaka Tower stands out in the Tokyo skyline, at 494 meters (1624 ft) roughly 150 stories it's the tallest skyscraper in the city.”

Makes me wonder how far Jackie and V fell during the Chip stealing mission.

Anywho, I think this is the actual diameter of the explosion (I took the pic and based on my firsthand knowledge of the game maps the explosive diameter prolly correlates to the green line in the middle

That looks about right.

Make it vertical so Arasaka tower is in the center. The explosion didnt just take out corpo plaza, but a chunk of the city center too

They kinda slid on the floor so I doubt it can be calced

That looks about right.

Make it vertical so Arasaka tower is in the center. The explosion didnt just take out corpo plaza, but a chunk of the city center too
So basically I flip the green line to be vertical, ye? Aight, I can do that. Guess I have to re-do the image again LOL.

Also for reference, 494 meters / 150 storeys means each storey is roughly 3.29333 meters tall. AKA they aren't 105 meters away from the epicenter, they're a bit closer, XD

They were on Storey 120 while the bomb went off in Storey 150. 150-120= 30 storeys and 30*3.293333= 98.8 meters AKA they were 98.8 meters away from the epicenter. Closer you are to the epicenter, higher the yield you take.

NICE.

Last edited:
Here it is, redone.

Just a note, couldn't include all of that City Center chunk you mentioned, only managed to include a little bit of it due to the map not fully showing (Though I think the diameter might prolly take care of it but IDK), but now it has Arasaka Tower smack dab in the middle, is this right?

OK so...

The blue line (750 meters) is about 1115px in length. The green line (Diameter of explosion) is 2553px in length.

Diameter: 750*(2553/1115)= 1717.264574 meters diameter. 858.632287 meters radius.

Now, putting this in our trusty nuke calculator here, to attain a near-total fatality radius of that size, you'll need around 0.0298 megatons of TNT or 29.8 kilotons of TNT. No need to halve the result as this is a real nuke.

Now, inverse-square law ft. Cross-Sectional Area
I= P/A where P is the yield in tons of TNT and A is the area of the diameter covered by the explosion with the radius being in meters (Radius is the distance the person is away from the explosion)

Now, we know that Arasaka Tower is 494 meters tall with 150 storeys. 494/150 storeys gives us a 3.29333 meter height per storey, and Smasher and co. were on storey number 120, so 150-120= 30 storeys away from epicenter and 30*3.29333= 98.8 meters AKA they were 98.8 meters away from the epicenter

I= P / (4π((R)^2)) where P is, well, the yield in tons of TNT and R is the radius in meters AKA your distance from the epicenter of the big boom

I= (29800) / (4π((98.8)^2))= 0.24293635488 tons of TNT (9-A+)

Most peds seem to be more or less the same height as Johnny Silverhand, who was portrayed by Keanu Big Chungus Reeves, who according to a google search, is 186 cm tall and 84 kg heavy. Real big boi. So we can also assume that Morgan Blackhand, who actually takes the explosion instead of Johnny, is of the same proportions.

Cross-sectional area is usually less than half that of total surface area but can vary wildly depending on what your body type is so we'll just take half of Johnny's surface area as our cross-sectional area.

Using this trusty medcalc surface area calculator, we get 2.087 m^2. Halve that for cross-sectional area and it is 1.0435 m^2, so that is Blackhand's cross-sectional area.

Final yield: 0.24293635488*1.0435= 0.25350408631 tons of TNT (Baseline 8-C).

OK, time for Smasher.

News sources say he is 9ft, and let's just assume him being 300 kg due to the metal alone. 9ft is 274.32 cm.

Putting the values in the same calculator, we get a whopping 4.752 m^2 surface area for Smasher. Halve that and cross-sectional area is 2.376 m^2.

Smasher takes: 0.24293635488*2.376= 0.57721677919 tons of TNT (8-C)

Jesus.

Back