• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

V (Cyberpunk 2077) vs Adam Jensen (Deus Ex)

V (Cyberpunk 2077) vs Adam Jensen (Deus Ex)​

• Speed equalized
  • Both are 9-B
  • 10 meters apart
  • SBA otherwise
d8ft8qp-6a91163b-b51a-4662-ba6b-30d80e44ddb8.png
cyberpunk_2077___v_render_by_crussong_dd94nor-pre.png

V: 2 (Sir_sun_man, CoreOfimBalance(COB))

Adam:

Last edited:
I've heard that conventional hacking of augs in Deus Ex was too difficult that the Illuminaughti or something had to make up an excuse to get everyone else to use a new chip to succeed. Even with that in mind Adam was somewhat able to resist going berserk? Hacking would not be the go to option here.

Sandevistan however is really nice, and is gonna give V the advantage if they're using that. But Adam has Titan to elevate his durability to take on any blow if V goes for that.

EMP won't work on Adam since he has an upgrade that deals with that.

Both have means to non lethally KO each other.

I'm going mostly by profiles for V since I haven't played the game enough. What's V's usual go to? Right now I see it seems like it can go either way.

V's profile is outdated, but I'll bite. They will likely activate Sandevistan, but V has more than just Berserk, he can also quite literally just incapacitate him on the spot with tons of quickhacks that can disable optics to outright frying his circuits. I need to know more about the level of resistance of Adam Jensen, because V is able to hack Adam Smasher, who scales far above other cybernetically enhanced characters who have advanced ICE (basically software protection programs) that can resist conventional hackers and even experienced Netrunners. V even reduce resistance by uploading a daemon that can weaken anti-virus measures.

Also the Sandevistan's speedboost is actually absurd to the point where the user can blitz opposing enemies where enemies are completely statued against them, though we haven't worked out the exact speed measure yet.

Deus Ex augs are less connected to a network system and more tailored towards the individual person, although this hasn't stopped the Illuminati to send out small glitches towards people in order to gaslight people into thinking that they need to change their biochips which allowed the illuminati to properly hack them and shut down their augs whenever they wanted to. Jensen when facing an illuminati member after not taking the biochip was rendered immune to her hacking and if he does take it he gets nanomachines to counteract the hack instead after fighting a boss.

Jensen has his own version of a Sandevistan which is the Focus Enhancer that also makes people look like statues in front of him. So I feel like the speed should be fairly on par here for both combatants.

I think Jensen's augs are more versatile here assuming it's mostly a melee fight. His blades and arms are more versatile/flexible given he can rotate them like a helicopter, summon his blades either in front or behind his fists, shoot them like bombs, charge forward with the Icarus dash and even knocking him down with it (he can do it with his built-in peps aug too), slow him down with electricity even if he resists them. The experience and skill between these 2 seems even (experience for Jensen due to being older in the field) but I lean towards more for Jensen given his more versatile body.

If this is a gun fight then I lean towards V more given he has way crazier and more varied weapons at his disposal, I think Jensen's trump card here is probably his laser cannon which V for sure ain't dodging considering it goes at the speed of light. But more times than not, I give it to V in this kind of engagement. Jensen's emp rounds may slow him down a bit though even if it doesn't stop him.

Last edited:
Deus Ex augs are less connected to a network system and more tailored towards the individual person, although this hasn't stopped the Illuminati to send out small glitches towards people in order to gaslight people into thinking that they need to change their biochips which allowed the illuminati to properly hack them and shut down their augs whenever they wanted to. Jensen when facing an illuminati member after not taking the biochip was rendered immune to her hacking and if he does take it he gets nanomachines to counteract the hack instead after fighting a boss.

Jensen has his own version of a Sandevistan which is the Focus Enhancer that also makes people look like statues in front of him. So I feel like the speed should be fairly on par here for both combatants.

I think Jensen's augs are more versatile here assuming it's mostly a melee fight. His blades and arms are more versatile/flexible given he can rotate them like a helicopter, summon his blades either in front or behind his fists, shoot them like bombs, charge forward with the Icarus dash and even knocking him down with it (he can do it with his built-in peps aug too), slow him down with electricity even if he resists them. The experience and skill between these 2 seems even (experience for Jensen due to being older in the field) but I lean towards more for Jensen given his more versatile body.

If this is a gun fight then I lean towards V more given he has way crazier and more varied weapons at his disposal, I think Jensen's trump card here is probably his laser cannon which V for sure ain't dodging considering it goes at the speed of light. But more times than not, I give it to V in this kind of engagement. Jensen's emp rounds may slow him down a bit though even if it doesn't stop him.
speed comparison is just plain wrong there mate

V in base with no cybernetics is already faster than Jensen's reaction time without focus enhancer hypersonic(Mach 6+) vs supersonic( Mach 1-2) with a military grade sandevistan(which I'm not sure we should even give 9-B V since that's start of the game and there ain't no way you can get that thing that early) he would be 10 times faster than his base or Mach 60 that would be enough to speed blitz Jensen and make sashimi out of him before the guy could even blink but speed is equalized to prevent a pure speed stomp so ya know ain't all that important

now when it comes to a proper melee fight between the two that would be complicated because while Jensen does have superiors versatility with his cyberwear V just has a plain old stat advantage with his berserk and gorilla arm or mentis blade upgrades V can increase his base stats far further and jensen and V have overall comperable AP and Dura with both being able to bust down walls and shrug off grenade blasts with a berserk buff V can increase his AP over two times base and that combined with gorilla arms or mentis blades would give him a sizable advantage over Jensen in a head on melee fight

A gun fight can go either way don't really see one or the other as superior in that regard

hacking, while yes its impossible to fully hack the cyberwear of people in deus EX it is still possible to create glitches in them even without the new chips and considering just how much more intense hacking is in Cyberpunk with the whole rouge AI fiasco that cause net runners to become far more adapt in using data breaches and hacks to simply survive the net and not be fried by some all powerful AI demi god like ALT it would not surprise me if V could cause a short circuit or a weapon malfunction in Jensen's augments although honestly V stands more of a chance of beating down Jensen with other types of cybernetics like berserk or a sandevistan.

so to conclude

starting hacker V wins 4-5/10

starting melee V wins 6-7/10

starting reflex focused V aka sandevistan wins 5/10

honestly I see V winning a bit more than Jensen in most cases but it is pretty close V wins 6/10 times over all

now if we just say V can use the top tier cybernetics without his end game stats and we let the sandevistan increase his speed by the full 10 times and all the other buffs V wins 8-9/10 out of ten just due to the massive stat boosts cybernetics provide in cyberpunk

This is a speed equalized match so the speed stats aren't actually relevant (Jensen also has a mach 40 calc out there that never got evaluated so he's actually potentially faster than V in base) and their speed boosts should still counter act each other.

How do we even quantify V here since his endgame stuff is supposedly at his tier 8 key.

I doubt the Mantis Blades are better than the Nano Blades though. They're worse at stabbing due to their figure and Jensen has the skill to just slice them down with his simpler blades that goes both forward and backwards on his arms. Nano Blades are also capable of being used as explosives at a distance too as a surprise effect as well.

9-B V since that's start of the game and there ain't no way you can get that thing that early
To be fair, early-game/9-B V should encompass Act 1-Act 2 at the very least given V's 8-B key comes from them fighting Adam Smasher, and they only ever fought Adam Smasher properly in the endgame aka after meeting Hanako in Embers. In Act 1-2, it is entirely feasible to get the strongest Sandevistan given it's on Fingers, who's encountered relatively early into the main story, just need to throw a lot of eddies at it. Also, Mantis Blades probably won't cut it but the monowire probably would, given claims that it has a "one-atom thick razor edge"

Last edited:
I wonder how the monowire and nanoblades will interact with each other since the nanoblades have a monomolecular edge.

This is a speed equalized match so the speed stats aren't actually relevant (Jensen also has a mach 40 calc out there that never got evaluated so he's actually potentially faster than V in base) and their speed boosts should still counter act each other.

How do we even quantify V here since his endgame stuff is supposedly at his tier 8 key.

I doubt the Mantis Blades are better than the Nano Blades though. They're worse at stabbing due to their figure and Jensen has the skill to just slice them down with his simpler blades that goes both forward and backwards on his arms. Nano Blades are also capable of being used as explosives at a distance too as a surprise effect as well.
there is a bunch of low grade upgrades that you can get pretty early on (prior to the heist) increasing speed by 2 times or giving small powerboosts

for mantis blades V nano blades its kinda debatable because if we use even low grade mods and upgrades can increase V's speed power or durability some times many of those at once (and V can put on high grade mods on even at the start of the game so there is that) as well as giving V elemental damage be it thermal damage that can demage jensens cyberwear a bit or electrical blades that could cause a tad bit more damage to the augments (won't take em out since jensen resited emp nades before but it could still damage them) so when it comes to blade to blade i would say its comperable but yeah jensen has better blades. However that is not the only type of cyber weapon V can have nor is it the best because something like moonwire is far more versetile as it provides all the boosts mentis blades do but they are also fast have more range and output more damage so blade V blade if V only has mentis blades he gets beaten by jensen in blade melee if V has other upgrades like subdermal armor, berserk, the synaptic signal optimizer(increases durability) a bunch of types of subdermal weaves that can outright nulifie most elemental damage, biomonitor that can revive him if he gets near death and a bunch of other mods that increase his overall strength and durability it becomes a stat vs versitility adventage past that point its anyones game, but if V is using moonwire and all the previously mentioned upgrades he should win the melee fight.

so simply put if we give V all the possible early game stuff he should scrape by a win but just barely

now if we just say **** the rules and give him everything he has access to(which would be near impossible cuse you can only have so many cybermods at once) he would beat jensen into a bloodied pulp just due to the sheer GERTH of the stat adventage

point still stands though V wins 6/10 times overall

To be fair, early-game/9-B V should encompass Act 1-Act 2 at the very least given V's 8-B key comes from them fighting Adam Smasher, and they only ever fought Adam Smasher properly in the endgame aka after meeting Hanako in Embers. In Act 1-2, it is entirely feasible to get the strongest Sandevistan given it's on Fingers, who's encountered relatively early into the main story, just need to throw a lot of eddies at it. Also, Mantis Blades probably won't cut it but the monowire probably would, given claims that it has a "one-atom thick razor edge"
I mean the true top tier stuff is locked behind street cred and that shit is a bit finky because high street cred would imply V is getting to that massive power level near the end game aka level 50 where V is definetly 8-B we honestly should make a third key for V aka his mid game he should scale to like 9-A being capable of ripping apart new age mechs which at least should be comperable to the oni body that smasher had when he got hit by the nuke considering material size weaponry and over all size of the things but that is nither here nore there

The only thing I really disagree with is hacking working on Jensen.

Aside from that yeah I'm convinced that V is taking the lead. Imma vote for V here. Thanks for the great analysis Sun and Icarus

The only thing I really disagree with is hacking working on Jensen.

Aside from that yeah I'm convinced that V is taking the lead. Imma vote for V here. Thanks for the great analysis Sun and Icarus
it wouldn't work as well as it does on regular enemies in cyberpunk but he could cause small glitches like the illuminaty was already doing nothing major but still enough to be at least some what of an issue

nothing that would give much of an adventage hence why I do think a hack focused V would more than likely lose to jenses as early game hacks that would be mostly resisted would be more inconvinces than anything for jenses end game hacks could possibly effect him somewhat but that is questionable

Back