• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Using "Eventually will become tiers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Noticed this a lot with Avatar of Calamity, but are buffing up into tiers allowed?

Look at AoC's "At least 7-B. Will eventually become 2-A" rating, and look at her vs threads, particularly Reinhard's:

"Reinhard Heydrich (Masadaverse) Reinhard's profile (Speed equalized and both were 4-C)"

I doubt this kind of tier selection is allowed, and even if it is, in AoC's case she would practically jump tiers when the fight begins (She quite literally becomes infinitely x infinitely x infinitely stronger in a short time period.)

Well, it was first used by Cal Howard in his Lavos vs AoC thread. Also, in 682 vs AoC thread, Kaltias said this: "I guess? Cal said that it was alright if it's a constant power growth thing, which it is, or at least it's implied to be."

If it gets approval from 2 admins, I would say setting the specific tier for characters like AoC is allowed. That is why I ask first before making Rein vs AoC thread.

The OP can just restricts AoC to stay at that level. It is not really needed to become 2-A to beat your opponent.

Mmm... Don't known, this of using the "what could have been" seems pretty strange. If character has never been that level of powerful, arguing what can do at that hypotetical level is speculation, headcanon or fanfiction... Selective tier shouldn't be a thing, is like stats equalized.

If the stats equalized came from someone who hasn't show anything that suggested him/her that he/she can be at that tier, then you have a point.

However, characters like AoC and Aleister Crowley have something that suggested that they can be at any tier up to a certain max point. Aleister has Blasting Rod that can buffs him from 7-A to any tier up to High 1-C under specific conditions.

We also have UKG constant Growth that could make her A 2-A under specific timeframe.

Heck, we also have Wolfgang Schreiber's Niflheimr Fenriswolf that gives him "Varies" stats for his speed.

Isn't that the whole "Varies" stats supposed to mean?

We've used "potentially" for this kind of stuff in the past. I don't really mind listing potential tiers as long as theirs enough evidence for said tiers.

Aoc and UKG constant growing allows the to become 2-A after some times passed.Which means they would become 5-A first, then become High 5-A, then become Low 4-C, and onwards up to their max.

We should only list and use what tier they were said to become instead of any in-between stuff.

I also think that it seems strange to assign a random tier to a character, but versus threads are not my area.

I dont agree with using random tiers and I was told I couldnt in a thread long ago.

Its the same as equalizing AP

Random character vs Oblivion: Oblivion creates an avatar of the sme power of Random Character.

Agreed. Does anybody have a suggestion for how to word a rule about this?

I also disagree for the most part. It's basically a match with stat equalized, which isn't allowed usually.

@Ant

"When creating versus matches, do not attempt to assign a random tier to a character with potentially higher statistics just because the tier chosen is below said character's potential statistic, since this has been discussed here and it is comparable to equalizing tiers in a match, which is generally not allowed."

Antvasima said:
Agreed. Does anybody have a suggestion for how to word a rule about this?
"Even if a character has the potential to reach certain tier, the use of any tier between that tier and the one it scales to is not allowed. For example, Avatar of Calamity cannot be used in a vsthread with a tier between 7-B and 2-A or Low 5-B and 2-A depending on the used key."

Dunno, something like that?

I also agree, recently the possible 2-C Infinite Zamasu over-time if he was not erased has been used in versus matches.

Kepekley23 said:
@Ant

"When creating versus matches, do not attempt to assign a random tier to a character with potentially higher statistics just because the tier chosen is below said character's potential statistic, since this has been discussed here and it is comparable to equalizing tiers in a match, which is generally not allowed."
Gotta agree with Kep here

Should we remove any matchups that do this? Such as Reinhard vs AoC?

@PaChi2

I suppose that could work.

@Dark

That's not what is being said tho. There is no issue about using the AoC in a 2-A match. The issue is using a tier between Low 5-B and 2-A

I agree with Kepekley23 and PaChi here, using a higher, potential statistic for a certain character on a vs match shouldn't be a problem, but using a random tier between the Tier it currently sits at and the Tier it will eventually reach shouldn't be allowed in any way

Looks like we can implement it

I'll remove the victory over Reinhard @Gar yeah

Okay. Thanks. Should we remove the highlight and close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back