• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Uryu Ishida Vs Itachi Uchiha

@HokageMangaVox

He never wounded her with his sword, please don't post wrong facts.

Here's the novel bit

Itachi carefully monitored his breathing as he listened to the conversation just down the hall.

The room was lit by lamplight, coming from the corner.

It was two women talking. One voice, he knew very well. The other, was her mother.

To cause a distraction, he kicks the trash can down beside him.

"What was that?" The familiar voice asks her mother. "I don't know." The other responds.

"I'll go check."

Avoiding suspicion, he quickly ducks into the hallway, entering the room from the side. Before the mother can scream upon noticing Itachi, he takes her out with his Sharingan.

"Mother, the trash can was knocked over….Itachi-kun?" Izumi saw her mother unconscious on the floor, and didn't understand. She was stupefied. "Wh…why?"

Itachi couldn't listen to Izumi's voice anymore.

So he gathered chakra into his eyes, and activated his Sharingan. Tsukuyomi.

Izumi was left deathly still, unable to fight it.

He put all of his focus into his genjutsu. Tsukuyomi was a type of genjutsu where Itachi had total control of space and time. This was the power Itachi awakened when he awoke his Mangekyo Sharingan.

Any time spent in the real world was a thousandth of a thousandth of a thousandth of the time spent in Tsukuyomi. ((This is one billionth of a second. One billion seconds is equal to about 31 years. In one second of real world time, Izumi lived over thirty years inside Tsukuyomi. ))

Itachi formed the genjutsu exactly to his desired image. Peace, in the village of Konoha. The clan is also peaceful, and tranquil. Itachi is free of all of his suffering. Izumi is beside him, smiling. Izumi is following his footsteps, also turning Chuunin. In this time, Itachi has already reached the Jounin rank. Itachi gives Izumi a promise ring. Izumi retires from being a shinobi.

A wedding.

The birth of their children.

Raising their children.

The departure of their children.

Izumi, who gets older beside Itachi all the while.

From the time they came to know each other, 70 years had passed. Both their hair had gone completely white.

Izumi falls ill. Itachi cares for her.

The rest of their lives.

The Mangekyo Sharingan wastes a lot of chakra, and puts a large strain on its user. And as if he had just risen above water, Itachi was breathing heavily.

Itachi falls to his knees, infront of Izumi, while she is still smiling. (this wording was confusing, I can also see it being translated as she falls to her knees while smiling, because of the next line)

Itachi kept her body up, gripping her delicate shoulders tightly.

"Thank you…" she says.

Izumi's voice was just like an old woman who had lived to be 80 years old.

"It is I who owes thanks to you…"

And Izumi, with a big smile, died peacefully.

So, by that wording, 3 seconds in Tsukuyomi is enough to kill uryu? lol

Ok so why am I to consider the illustration canon and not the source material? Those illustrations are made based on that material. The novel in not a manga, it just has the occasional illustration.

ScarletFirefly said:
Ok so why am I to consider the illustration canon and not the source material? Those illustrations are made based on that material. The novel in not a manga, it just has the occasional illustration.
You just answered your own question.

And if the material says she died by Genjutsu and they illustrate it she died by sword, who is on the right here? The one who actually wrote the thing, or the one who made a drawing based on the thing?

ScarletFirefly said:
And if the material says she died by Genjutsu and they illustrate it she died by sword, who is on the right here? The one who actually wrote the thing, or the one who made a drawing based on the thing?
If they were both made by the same person. Then the first one that was made. The second one must have been a reckon or that he forgot.

Perilouss said:
Yeah now that I remember it, Uryu can just simply reverse the genjutsu onto Itachi via the antithesis
This!,

i totally forgot that antithesis reverses everything not only physical damage, so this is a stomp for Uryu...

so itachi's usual tactic,put enemy under genjutsu as soon as fight starts,again,itachi's genjutsu is practically undetectable to guys who train all their lives to detect it,unless he wants them to know that it's genjutsu,even if they were to realise,it's usually too late(biggest example would be when he let naruto out of genjutsu,yet even a sannin like orochimaru was utterly powerless in itachi's genjutsu).The biggest issue is itachi never really even try to kill anyone,but all the times he did,he went straight for the kill,like against edo nagato or the dragon god orochimaru.so itachi won't hesitate to bring out the big guns and finish off his opponent while he's in a genjutsu,or simply turn them into a vegetable via tsukuyomi,which turns even trained ninjas into vegetables,only way kakashi survived is because he had significant experience and himself has sharingan and itachi didn't really want to drive kakashi mad or anything,even then kakashi had to be hospitalized for days,just for mental exhaustion.

uryu's antithesis is quite formidable indeed and if itachi were to chose not to use genjutsu,uryu would win,but again,uryu isn't doing much if he doesn't know he's in an illusion in the first place.

Itachi wins.

^antithesis doesnt only work on physical injuries, he can reverse "anything that happened" between two chosen objects, in this fight it would mean that the genjutsu gets reflected back to himself...

Again,i made it a point in my earlier reply,he wouldn't even know he's in a genjutsu to begin with,if it's normal genjutsu,considering people like orochimaru and kisame were completely oblivious to the fact that they were in a genjutsu for the entire fight/encounter that they thought they were fighting against itachi,until itachi decides to make it clear that it was a genjutsu,and these people know that such kind of genjutsu exists and even more so with itachi uchiha and they train for it and expect it,uryu who is completely oblivious to the kind of genjutsu itachi can cast,isn't going to realize anything,he's going to imagine he is fighting itachi,and that he's in control of his own actions,but it's just him imagining things in an illusion,while itachi kills him in the real world.

But if itachi decides to go directly for tsukuyomi,uryu will be brain fried in a few seconds.in any situation,as soon as itachi lands a mind attack he wins,and considering it's his primary strategy in character,it's gonna happen often.

KazarianFahs
Bleach characters know when they are under illusions,ex Aizen,Shinji and Rose illusions techniques, and they can be counter. Uryu is one of the most intelligent characters in the series, he will be able to figure out by sensing the real one with Reiraku. As others have done. Since energy is equalized.

wait Uryuu doesn't have chakra so genjutsu won't work on him. and if anything Uryuu make the things that happened to him happen to Itachi since his ability is the power to change what happened.

No, they dont know, really. They only know they are under illusions because when casting it they tell them everything about the technique. Shinji's, Aizen's and Rose's illusions werent countered, no one countered KS ever, Aizen figured out how to fight under Shinji's illusion and Rose's was avoided via destroying the eardrums. Genjutsu cannot be countered by ripping your eyes off. Btw, by cpuntering I mean dispelling it, not playing arpund it since the illusion is still there. And if it were so easy to pinpoint the caster when under genjutsu, itachi would have died looong ago.

To bad Uryu was never place under it with the antithesis, which makes your point vague. Aizen never told Yama and he was able to track Aizen. Uryu has Reiraku something Naruto characters can't use which allows you to detect people with a six sense. Uryu counters Genjutsu, not that Itachi would cut his head off. Uryu has survive swords to the stomach before, and attacks from stronger characters than him, even when the attack is double . Itachi's intend to kill him will only alert him of the illusions. GG

HokageMangaVox said:
Uryu counters Genjutsu, not that Itachi would cut his head off.
I still don't see uryu countering genjutsu,i went over and over again on bleach wiki,even aizen's KS can be considered a low level kotomastsukami,since Kotoamatsukami gives user complete control of opponents mind,body,the user can simply make you jump from a cliff or stab yourself in the head while aizen simply tricks you(both KS use the same princeiple of deceiving the senses,but KS(sharingan) is absolute and undetectable by the one who is placed under it,and will always imaigne himself doing things of his own free will),Again genjutsu does trick you,but it's quite literally mind control,unless your mental prowess(genjutsu abilities) are greater than the user casting the genjutsu on you,even if you were to realise that you were in a genjutsu you can't break out of it,it's quite really works like a mental control body shut down,albiet it's name and explanation directly translates to "illusion".Even if simply putting uryu in such high level genjustu isn't enough to turn him into a vegetable(since his brain has never faced this kind of attack) an intent on killing itachi won't go to shurikens or kunai's,both times he wanted to kill someone,ie. edo nagato and dragon god orochimaru,he 1)directly attack with amaterusu 2)sealed with totsuka blade ,if itachi were to go for any of those,it's a win,i don't need to explain totsuka blade(since loltotsuka blade) amaterusu is usually overlooked in battles don't know why,but it's an almost instantneous attack that if the opponent has no knowledge about,is pretty much an instant hit.AR simply sets whatever itachi is looking at,on fire.

Genjutsu can be counter, and you can escape it. There are a lot of method to do it. With KS you can't once is cast on you, unless Aizen allows it. Genjutsu is low tier compare to it. Normal Genjutsu won't work because of Reaikaku by eye contact unless they are talking which in vs battles doesn't happen, Itachi would have to use Ephemeral and even then as seen by Naruto you can move, speak, and use powers in it. Antithesis reverses anything that has already happened. He doesn't need to move a muscle to use it. Amateratsu is slow, and even Karin wasn't affected by it. Or Madara's armor. Itachi won't go as far as using Susanoo, without knowing Uryu'sabilities. And Uryu's durability is still in play.

From what I know, Itachi has no counter the the antithesis. He beats Uryu near fatally but then gets the damage switched. Uryu then spams fires an arrow and it's over

It depends because we've never seen Itachi's full power, because of his illness. If he doesn't have that illness he wins, otherwise uryu wins

This should be Edo Itachi or Itachi at his hypothetical peak. I go for Itachi. He can easily incapacitate Ishida with genjutsu. Not to mention, if he kills Itachi, he'll just come back with Izanagi. By then, he would know about Ishida's abilities and if he didn't use genjutsu for some unknown reason prior, he'd make sure to do it now. Or just take Ishida's head off from behind or something. That's assuming this is Alive Itachi. Edo Itachi would take it more comfortably.

Hmmm...

I think Itachi takes this.

Even if Ishida is capable of reflecting genjutsu via Antithesis (and that's a big 'if') Itachi can just breakout out of it himself or reflect the genjutsu right back at him like he did when Kurenai tried to put him under one.

There's also the assumption that Itachi is unable to manipulate Ishida's senses to the point that Ishida is simply frozen in place thinking one thing is occurring when it's not. Itachi could construct an entire simulation of their fight in Ishida's head while decaptiating him in real life.

If Ishida cannot even realize that he's in an illusion to begin or percieve what is affecting him, I doubt he can reverse it in the first place.

This. Its pretty much a big NLF to even assume Anthesis can reflect abilities as Uryu, to my knowledge, has never done this, especially to mind related hax. If this were the case, Uryu would have just used this to reflect Yhwach's or Jugram's Almighty.

There are way too many guestimates and factors that go into Uryu being able to reflect Itachi's genjutsu and even IF he was able to reflect it, assuming Uryu would ever know he was hit by it, Itachi would just break it entirely or just bounce it back with Genjutsu reflection.

Also, where is this claim of Uryu being able to use his abilities while under mind hax coming from? Uryu does not have resistance to mind hax at all and even if that were the case, I doubt he's able to resist abilities like Tsukuyomi.

So my votes going with Itachi.

You guy's are assuming to heavily on the fact that uyruu would let itachi just put him in a genjustu in the first place.

uyruu has some abilities that can hit itachi or affect itachi before itachi can land a wank justu on it

With speed equalized Uryu is gonna be in a genjutsu from the beginning of the match wheather he like it or not, that's just how Itachi fights unless Uryu has some kind of resistance to mindhax. I am going with itachi via Tsukuyomi, Izanami, Amatersu and his Sasano Totsuka.

@Peter

Well, Itachi can cast genjutsu simply by eye contact and even with pointing his finger at Ishida (like he did to Naruto and that was a weaker clone of him). Ishida has no way of knowing that just by looking at Itachi, he will be put under an illusion. Itachi is also capable of putting people under illusions at long range as stated here:

http://cdn.eatmanga.com/mangas/Manga-Scan/Naruto/Naruto-540/13.jpg

In fact, he's credited to be the only person who would have that level of range. Add into this that genjutsu is his MO and he uses it in the vast majority of his fights. He doesn't need seals to do any of it, which also cuts down on any casting time.

What I'm getting at is that Itachi simply has a tool that he can effectively and almost casually use at the drop of a hat, is fully inclined to do so and that his opponent's best counter for it boils down to NFL statement in spite of never showing resistance to illusions. Again, what stops Itachi from just throwing his genjutsu back or casting an even stronger one? Itachi can play with Ishida's senses and perceptions, meaning that he can make Ishida experience whatever he wants.

He can literally make Ishida think they fought and he (Ishida) won while he's really just standing there as Itachi moves in and kills him.

If Ishida cannot even tell what's real and what's fake, how is he going to apply his power or even realize that he should even use it in the first place? And that is working on the assumption that The Antithesis can even counter Itachi's mind hax.

Itachi is not going go for wank justu right of bat, thats the problem with you guys agrument, before itachi even goes for the genjustu he'd be assulated by Uyru's ginto techniques

AllanSaiyan said:
With speed equalized Uyru is gonna be in a genjutsu from the beginning of the match wheather he like it or not, that's just how Itachi fights unless Uryu has some kind of resistance to mindhax. I am going with itachi via Tsukuyomi, Izanami, Amatersu and his Sasano Totsuka.
The famous Uchiha Nlf/wank is back....

Anyway, seeing how this thread was made by a band user and goes against vs rules by using characters with completely different eos tiers it's best to close this....

@Peter

What wank?? Sharingan Genjustu is a basic illusion technique of the Uchiha clan and something that Itachi uses all the time. He is pretty much the most prolific genjutsu user of Naruto. In fact, Itachi throws out genjutsu so much because he wants to disable his opponent so that he can end his fights as quickly as possible. And Ishida has no kind of resistance to illusions or mind hax.

Also, how is any of Ishida's techniques going to outpace Itachi's when all Itachi needs is for Ishida to glance at his face? Last time I checked, Ishida still has to aim at his target. That versus Ishida having to throw out ginto against a guy who can see what he's going to do based on the slightest twitches of his muscles. Also, even if Ishida knew to avoid eye contact, Itachi can use Ephemeral.

Speed is equalized so it comes down to what it takes to complete their techniques.

Technique that only requires eye contact or casual movement >>>> techniqes that require aiming, throwing and various other setups.

How's it wank? If speed was unequalized I would go with Uryu easily but with speed equal and Itachi Sharingan haxs such as precog etc I think it will overwhelm Uryu despite the AP advantage.

Also wouldnt Ginto be pretty much fodder? Uryu resorted to using those when he was far far weaker than his EoS version. I highly doubt a Ginto is doing anything to Itachi, who would just amaterasu them via looking at them anyway.

It's not like Genjutsu can be countered by Reikaku or Ransōtengai. Nope.

Also what Peter said about 6-B vs 7-B.

Its not like it matters. Itachi has a huge hax advantage which seems to be much worse than Uryu having a huge AP advantage.

Also, did anyone forget about Itachi making clones? In the worst case scenerio he can just make the Anthesis target them for the whole battle instead of himself.

Back