• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
hmm tough battle. i think madara's susanoo is more durable than anything physical that kisuke can dish out. by the wiki's rating, its not, but by logic, it is. i think kisuke is smarter, but in actual battle, madara has the exp. does this madara have rinnegan, ems, tools, etc? like, he can more than make up for the loss of hax on his side, if he has those. he is just as skilled, more battle-versatile kisuke in almost all regards (kisuke's stuff is good, hax, and hard to deal with, but he has yet to shown using those midcombat while fighting 25 clones using susanoo, and going for the actual kill, and not playing around). stamina, madara has it in the bag. imma give it to madara. idk if this is bankai kisuke either, btw, so can someone tell me?

Your examples are irrelevant here, most of these quotes you cited are about power and reading this becomes obvious that it is a hyperbolic phrase.

Urahara here says that he always prepares himself for what can happen, so he creates several precautions for it.

yeah, cuz in kisuke's universe its so ******* common to make 25 energy contruct clones made of wood that can heal a severed arm if need be lmao yeah, no

No, i'm stating an example that you can't say he's prepared for everything as Aizen was stated to do the same and Yhwach said nothing will work against him as he can see the future, but surprise they both lost.

Like I said it can't be used otherwise you can say Urahara has resistance to that, immunity to that, contingencies for this and that.

This gives me vibes of Batman.

Aizen's statement was about his power, this compared to the other captains, since the only one who could hit him was Yama.
Yhwach's motive to lose you already know, had interference directly from Jugram, so his examples do not match with that.

Yes, I quote that he is prepared for everything was an NLF, but he did it even against an unknown enemy, which by the way has more complicated powers than those of Edo Madara.

I'm talking about Askin.
Urahara managed to prepare for himself without knowing his powers that were quite complicated.

This will continue for eternity as I will not change my opinion that it can't be used as he can't be prepared for everything. Madara still Genjutsu and kill him. You may say or whoever wants that I'm biased, maybe I'm..idk..but Urahara can't beat Madara. I tell you this with strong conviction and a heart that can't be shaken.

Yeah are the votes even being counted??? Kisuke is bro resistant to genjutsu so my argument still stands and so does the FRAs

I vote Urahara via being able to fight without his 5 senses and Madara not resisting his sealing

how can he fight without his 5 sense tho lol wtf that means he cant see, hear, feel, taste or smell. add in no sense of balance, no sense of temperature, and other shit, he is a like a vegetable lmao

Genjutsu not only serves to affect the 5 senses, it also works to leave the opponent unconscious

@lorenzo welcome to anime

@m3x not every genjutsu has that and we don't even know what genjutsu madara has access to especially in this key

I mean, Naruto's sealing usually involves sealing the soul, we are just never explicitly told that pyramid sealing does this.

Even though pretty much every other sealing which fully seals a person, seals their soul.

YungManzi said:
I mean, Naruto's sealing usually involves sealing the soul, we are just never explicitly told that pyramid sealing does this.
Even though pretty much every other sealing which fully seals a person, seals their soul.
If a sealing technique fully sealed up the body's movements (like those binding cloth sealing techniques), how could we tell that it is also specifically seals up their souls?

The sealing that affects the soul works in a way that it makes sense for it to affect the soul. Burying the target in sand shouldn't be assumed to seal the soul

Grand Mausoleum never stated that it seals only the body's movements. It sealed the Madara (Edo Tensei), they 5 Kage thought it could work but failed as Madara showed he can resist.

I'm new for naruto vs threads here, so can someone tell me how'll genjutsu work if Urahara doesn't have chakra or chakra system?

Some sharingan based genjutsu at least have shown the ability to work on creatures that have no chakra

Other than that if there is a similar system to chakra in the other verse it gets equalized

M11UTD said:
I'm new for naruto vs threads here, so can someone tell me how'll genjutsu work if Urahara doesn't have chakra or chakra system?
Verse is equalized

Iirc that was only for IT, and in Boruto manga Naruto stated that chakra exists in everyone. So everyone in the verse has chakra.

No. Not just for IT. for all sharingan genjutsu.

But it doesn't matter anyway, because of verse equalization.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
how can he fight without his 5 sense tho lol wtf that means he cant see, hear, feel, taste or smell. add in no sense of balance, no sense of temperature, and other shit, he is a like a vegetable lmao
Tousen's Bankai eliminates all 5 senses inside a void but Kenpachi still beat him, and he is the only Shinigami who doesn't know basic stuff like shunpo, kido or Reikaku. All other Shinigami use Reikaku on a fight which is like a six sense that allows them to stop see their opponents as a mass of energy, even when their eyes are cut off.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
funny considering that one of those senses is touch but kenpachi could still the cuts lmao but whatever, am i right
Kenpachi cut through the fabric of space, but he can tell you better than me as to why he was about to cut Tousen even though his sense of touch was remove. :)

Damage3245 said:
Looks like this goes two ways currently:

1) If Urahara looks into Madara's eyes, he gets put under Genjutsu and is likely killed.

2) If Urahara does not look into Madara's eyes, he hits Madara with a Sealing Kido that incapacitates Madara.
Madara doesn't start with Genjutsu. This Madara enjoyed starting with CQC.

Even if Madara uses genjutsu which he hardly does in combat. I can only remember 1 occasion in combat where he used genjutsu which was against a random shinobi alliance ninja.

Shinigami can counter illusions that attack the 5 senses with the sixth sense. Which allows them to still sense what is actually around them as opposed to what they're seeing. Hell, Kaname relies solely based on this in combat.

With this knowledge Urahara can attempt to break out of the genjutsu. Maybe disrupting by using a release or so.

I do not know if Urahara would know he needs to disturb her inner energy or someone needs to fiddle with her externally, to escape the Genjutsu, Naruto only learned this in training with Jiraiya. And the illusions of the Sharingan are extremely stronger and heavier than the normal ones, which already disturb the mind and the 5 senses.

I do not know how the sixth sense could act to make him escape or counterattack the illusion. I've never seen an example of this and it sounds like a headcanon to me.

Madara has a small resistance to sealing. I do not think he would tank a direct seal on the soul.

Could Madara absorb Kido with Rinnegan? If so, I think he could win.

If not, vote in Unconclusive. Both could win with an attack.

i vote urahara via being more cunning and intelligent , sealing ,madara usual lack of genjutsu uses and urahara being able to counter it.

I don't think people realize how genjutsu works

Genjutsu is not only sense manipulation but mind manipulation as well. It doesn't matter if you can still use atleast one of your senses. As long as your mind is being affected you won't be immune to the images or commands being sent into your mind

You guys are assuming that if you can cut still perceive things with a clear view that you won't be manipulated by genjutsu. It does not matter if you can still see. What is happening inside your mind won't stop. Sure u can see reality but you still will get effected by genjutsu and all of its horrors that Madara can make happen in his mind

So no genjutsu doesn't just effect the sense. It uses the sense to effect the mind. In other words Kisuke has no mind resistance; and can get his mind shattered by Madara, put to sleep, or even brain washed despite being able to feel his surroundings

Agreed, madara can use a subtle genjutsu so kisuke wouldn't know his senses and mind are being attacked

Also this is Edo madara with hashirama cells, what's stopping him from using Deep forest emergence and putting kisuke to sleep

Back