• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

upgrade to Ahsoka's tier? (Spoilers ahead for SW: Rebels Season 2)

Due to her ability to contend with the likes of Darth Vader for some time and even pushing him back at two points during their duel, I believe that Ahsoka's attack potency should be upgraded to "Likely 8-A, possibly higher" given that she is seen alive after the explosion that engulfed both her and Vader at the end of their fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOhJq1Zh5Zo Here is are the feats.

I actually knew that her and Vader were likely going to meet and probably fight even...didn't get to see the fight tho. Maybe it hasn't been aired yet? It's been a while since i last watched Rebels so i don't know where it's at now...

I watched Season 2, and their fight is definitely a future plot point, but I don't recall it ever happening in Season 2. Disney is just milking the series until that fight inevitably happens by sending more Inquisitors for the protagonists to fight in the meantime

EDIT: it seems that this season was extra long and actually did happen? there is a new episode today with it apparently, wow.

Knowing Disney? Yeah, they definitely would do that.

Anyways, i guess Ahsoka being able to contend with her former fellow jedi partner, who is famously one of the best known Sith there is, in battles seems reasonable? IDK, i'll leave the people who know a bit more on Star Wars to lend their answer on this...

Edit: Here is the fight and the explosion at the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOhJq1Zh5Zo

The fact that she pushed Vader to fight seriously is only part of it. She is seen alive after an explosion that took place during their brawl. The explosion engulfed both of them (they were both standing next to the source) and destroyed the Sith Temple and everything around it in a large radius. Ahsoka was limping further into the ruins while Vader was struggling to leave the ruins after both took damage from the explosion. I don't know the exact range of the explosion or its potency, but the entire temple was made of stone and left as nothing more than rubble at the end of the finale.

Ahsoka should be listed as "Likely 8-A, possibly higher" due to that feat after having a heated battle against Vader.

It should also be noted that she contended with Darth Maul and was fully capable of blocking his blows and pushing him back. It was a relatively even fight, though it was cut off when Kanan challenged Maul.

Seems reasonable to me, then?

I find it to be very reasonable due to the explosion feat alone. Both were able to survive it after sustaining superficial injuries (though Ahsoka's are unknown as we are only shown a glimpse of her walking away).

During her fight, she put up a formidable defense against Vader for quite some time and even began pushing him back and stone-walling all of his lightsaber strikes while still capable of throwing some of her own back at him.

I don't know what this would mean for the Inquisitors and Kanan, but they should likely be discussed or powerscaled to High 8-C.

Man.....that Vader moment was pretty emotional as hell.

But yeah, i'm definitely more convinced on a potential upgrade for her, especially on the durability part probably given how big that s*** was. That and i really don't think anybody can call this anything since Ahsoka had gone through some sort of training of her own if she's able to take on two Inquisitors and now even her former master Anakin/Darth Vader himself....

Aizen, you saw the moment when part of Vader's face was seen? That really hurted him and Ahsoka, tho. Wow. Definitely agreed that Disney did well on that for this show...

If you look at the episode, the entire underground area is fairly massive. the blast radius was at least several hundred meters (maybe exceeding a kilometer or mile) and the entire temple was nothing but rubble after that.

Ahsoka is undoubtedly 8-A from surviving that and it is possible for her to be low 7-C if we learn that her injuries turn out to be as minor as Vader's.

Her durability is without question Multi City-block, and I'd argue her AP to be the same given her ability to fight Vader with her still keeping up towards the end of their fight.

@Cin: But Darth Vader (The Disney Canon one, of course) is rated here as at least 7-C, likely High 7-A. Why 8-A though?

I don't know much about Star Wars, but that fight gave me the chills. Especially the "I am no Jedi." and "Then you will die." parts.

@CrossverseCrisis

I am arguing that she be placed as "At least 8-A, possibly higher" since Vader's "high 7-A" is powerscaled from his durability when he has only shown Town+ AP feats and his Small Island durability is in question (at least to some including me).

She did manage to hold out versus him, but he was clearly superior in that fight and her physical state after the explosion is--for the most part--unknown.

So, what would you list her as?

Was just curious though, that's all. *shrugs* @Cin.

I suppose "At least 8-A, possibly higher" is reasonable enough, yes...

On a serious note, At least 8-A seems to be accepted by just about everyone here... what about a higher tier like Low 7-C (maybe 7-C) since she was able to:

Fight Darth Maul equally throughout their skirmish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukse7fCIt2c

Fight Darth Vader for a few minutes without becomes exhausted and surviving a large explosion while being present at its source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOhJq1Zh5Zo (i'll find a video showing both Vader and Ahsoka after the explosion, but the episode just came out so it will take time)

Either way, I think we can only argue that she is "At least 8-A, likely/possibly higher" with the content we were given.

The Inquisitors and Kanan should be discussed for a possible upgrade to High 8-C or even 8-B given that they could briefly contend with Ahsoka and Maul.

Scaling her from Vader seems reasonable. The problem is that if both the Marvel Star Wars comics, and the Disney Rebels series are considered to be canon, the writers will probably have a hard time appropriately coordinating power levels between different parts of the larger parent company.

Yeah... if it were just for the duel she had with Vader, I'd likely not request an upgrade, but considering that she is briefly seen alive after being caught in an explosion that obliterated the entire Sith temple and the underground area (and even expanding upwards further) while being at the source and having used stamina on her fights with the 3 Inquisitors, Maul, and Vader, she is certainly likely to be eligable for an upgrade to being "Likely Low 7-C" or "At least 8-A".

If anyone can calculate the force of the blast, it would help pinpoint where she should be since she is shown to have taken damage from the explosion, but still capable of moving around (Vader also taking damage from such an explosion), but I can tell you right now that the blast radius was likely several hundred meters... maybe even extending over a kilometer.

I think so, yes. What do the rest of you think?

Okay, I'll go make the edit unless someone else would prefer to do so. I have a calculation in the works for my Doffy... don't hate me <3

I made the changes, but I expect a couple edits to be made to them due to my lack of knowing how to post links within text.

Back