• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade on why One Piece planet is bigger than what we thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utenok123 said:
In any case, it won't do anything. Oda is an idiot. Onigashima will be another island of 3 km, where no one will destroy anything
Oda isn't an idiot, you are tho.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I see 10,000,000 in that raw.
Õìâõ©ç = 10,000,000; ten million; myriad

Together those 2 Kanji make 10,000,000 if they were separate theyd be 1,000 or 10,000.

1,000; thousand = Õìâ

10,000; ten thousand = õ©ç
While what you're saying makes sense, it's just weird that official translators and people that do this regularly and professionally didn't come to that conclusion and yet apparently it's right there on the panel. I'm no translator though, so I'll admit I was probably wrong.

In Samurai 8 people translated the planet to be like 1km when it's actually 10,000 so sometimes you'll see it lol. Bleach novel translated 100,000 to 1,000,000 as well.

The manga offical translation had said 20 million. I remember that. Just can't get the scans cause you can't read it for free

Look, we all know that the One Piece planet is much larger than ours, but not exactly to what degree, which is necessary for calculations.

@Antvasima

Mostly agree but still not agreeing im confused.

but we had these evidences that make's the planet bigger like 20 times we should assume its 20 times bigger becasue our earth we discovred 2000 islands and it says the planet can have at most 1mil islands why wouldnt we use this im using real life methds everything u used on one piece world are real life methds for an example the meteor from fuji's attack , so why wouldnt this work this is really something else.

It is guesswork. Anyway, I doubt that we would be able to get a lot of scaling calculations from knowing the size.

Because such comparison doesn't work. We don't even know the exact number of islands in the sea, nor the size of them to conclude the planet is x times bigger.

We could say that OP Earth does effectively has 20x more islands, and we could say that the majority of the islands are 20x smaller than IRL islands.

We have Dressrosa calced at 18km. Drum at 25km. Banaro Island is hilariously small. Whiskey Peak is small. Little Garden is average to small. Arabasta is the first Island that big, being similar in size to Australia (and I already proved that the goddamn river is effectively 50km wide). The second biggest Island we have seen at the moment is Wano, which is conformed by different islands and has a large variety of biomes in it, but its size isn't confirmed nor hinted. We also have Fishman Island being > 150km.

There are plenty of hints, but we need better visuals.

i mean whatever its not only about the 20mil islands its also about the bridge that has been working for 700+ years non stop wouldnt this make the bridge road way longer than the earth? becasue IRL i remember something about some people who were building a bridge for some years and they got (x) amout of kms long bridge.

That would be assuming that they only built the bridge in a straight line.

why woudlnt it be a straight line your assuming too.

also we are talking about 700+ years non stop work.

@Aerozz; didn't they state the bridge was being built to connect multiple islands? If it was being built from island to island, then it likely wouldn't be built in just a straight line.

it doesnt mean it should be connected inside the island it could mean built near the islands.

We have no details about Tequila Wolf. For all we know, they might be connecting the islands by reaching every single one of them at each port.

We don't even know how long it is.

Take for example the Great Chinesse Wall. It's 6000km long and it took 200 years to be built. The dimensions are very different, whereas the GCW is around 6-8 meters tall, Tequila Wolf rises above the sea surface way more than that, and it's built on the sea floor for obvious reasons. If we are realistic, even by going with what we have seen of the bridge (a few km long at best), 700 years of work would not provide such a result unless they use tens of thousands slaves to get it done.

Those could very well be empty. They're always going further ahead in the bridge, so they leave a lot of houses behind.

your assuming way too much this sounds Funkd up but we are talking about slaves and what that means that they will fit as many people in a house as they could so they work non stop also they should be talking these houses why wouldnt they do that they are slaves and they dont have choices.

@Sigurd Likely not that amount of slaves are working at the same time. This bridge has been being built for 700 years, and at the right you can see a guy with a number much smaller than 61,288 (which also seems to be missing a number, being a 6 digits number in reality). Common sense would make them reutilize the clothes and numbers once a prisoner dies. It means that, at some point, there were that amount of workers, yeah.

But none of that changes the main problem. The path the bridge is built on is unknown. We don't know which islands connects, nor even if it goes on a straight line. It doesn't prove a single thing about planet's size for all we know is that the bridge has been on construction for 700 years.

Heck, we don't even know if it goes out of the East Blue (which is where it's IIRC).

So the length is unknown. We can't use TW for this.

@Aerozz Funny that you say I'm making assumptions. What is the number for the planet's size you're advocating for?

i dont know how many kms but it should be way longer than 12,756km(earth) but the 61288 isnt the max number it could be way higher than that and why wouldnt they take the number of their clothes and give it to other slave too?

So no conclusive evidence. You're just assuming the bridge is that long.

I literally said that they could just take the number from a dead slave and give it to a new one. The number does indicate they have ten of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands slaves at their disposal (or at least they had at some point).

yea becasue of how big the bridge they should take tens of thousands if not hundreds thousands to do the work normally everyday its becasue the world goverment want to finish this as fast as possible and they need that amount to do it faster everyday.

something something? is that your best answer?

lmao u said bring me source if there are tens of thousands slaves but when we did you say another thing its like running in a circle

And tell me, how does that prove that the bridge is longer than the Earth's circunference?

When you have tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people who work in a bridge everyday non stop for 700+ years in earth whouldnt they cross earth several times?

how you know its tens of km tall? and your the one who said it should ahve tens of thousands of people to do a bridge that is longer than earth??? are you okay?

its like saying the bridge is higher than skypiea lmao you could say better argument than that lmao.

I didn't say such a thing. I'm gonna answer both replies with a single quote.

> Tequila Wolf rises above the sea surface way more than that, and it's built on the sea floor for obvious reasons. If we are realistic, even by going with what we have seen of the bridge (a few km long at best), 700 years of work would not provide such a result unless they use tens of thousands slaves to get it done.

dude your going in circle and just dont want to listen im done with this thing not gonna waste my time here.

these evidences are so obvious that it hints that the OP planet is way higher than earth but u only want to assume things on your own self i mean common its One Piece so this is not new it gets downplay every few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back