• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade for Soldier: 76, Reaper and Ana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaper and Soldier had Large Building level Durability

Even if they weren't harmed too much, street level punches couldn't be able to make them faint even

This proposal seems reasonable. Now, considering that most of the cast in Overwatch has Large Building level, wouldn't this upgrade apply to the other characters as well via scaling?

The only one's to engage in physical combat in cutscenes (aside from Genji, Reinhardt, and Winston) are Widowmaker (wrestled with Winston and Tracer), Tracer (aforementioned example), and Hanzo.

Now, if this upgrade gets accepted, their attack potency gets upgraded to.

Attack Potency: Large Building level

• Street level is removed entirely as their striking strength has been changed to Class GJ
  • Since their physical AP = weapon AP, combine them into 1 tier.
This would apply to pretty much the characters Reppuzan listed + Soldier: 76, Reaper, and Ana, correct?

In general, characters in Overwatch are portrayed as physically able to contend with one another, and to harm them past their durability: this only further proves to be an example of this. It never really made sense to me that their physicality wasn't listed as up-to-scratch with their weaponry to begin with.

Alright with me. I only rated them as such since they weren't building busting left and right, is all.

I think that it should be okay to apply the changes, yes.

Sorry I didn't let you do the edits. Because my time is more limited lately, I would like to help as much as I can in the time I've available.

Don't worry about this too much. I will make the changes soon.

Edit: It seems that some of the changes have already been made. I'll look over the Overwatch profiles sometime later to see if everything looks good.

I disagree with scaling everyone from this.

Mostly of the characters barely have feats of physical strength.

Characters like Widowmake and Tracer should be better scale from base Winston (which feat in the museum I'm calcing), so Wall level for them would be ok (And probably for others if you think others Examples)

So you got Wall level for base Winston in your newest calculation?

We can scale Widowmaker and Tracer from base Winston or something if so.

Feats of physical strength: Being able to injure characters that can tank fire from their weaponry.

I don't really see where it's made clear that this is a gameplay mechanic, they've certainly not portrayed it that way to any meaningful extent thus far.

Lina Shields said:
So you got Wall level for base Winston in your newest calculation?
We can scale Widowmaker and Tracer from base Winston or something if so.
Don't finished yet, but I don't think it's going to be any higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back