• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade for Brandish Striking Strength

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
As for the recent chapter, Brandish showed that she is able to fight in hand-to-hand agaisnt Lucy even when she was using her Taurus Form

Additionaly two named techniques should be added to her page (Commands T). However I think her striking strength should be anyway higher via powerscaling to other spriggans (or at least Marin who was capable of fighting base Natsu).

I think Lucy should get an upgrade in speed as well, since she was fast enough to hit Brandish many times at once with her new Stardresses.

I think that this seems reasonable.

If this was Brandish at normal size, we should also state that she is considerably stronger in giant form.

No. I just read the chapter, and it was stated outright that Brandish is far more powerful, and was trying to deliberately throw the fight, so she wouldn't have to kill Lucy.

Command T appears to be the name of brandish's magic and given natsu was affected by command T (meaning command T isnt affected by power level, as natsu is stronger than neinhart) neinhart's enhancment must have come with hax immunity.

There hasn't been any mention of hax immunity for Neinhart and it doesn't even make all that sense for Irene to give him such an immunity given everything that happened. Natsu being affected and Neinhart not being affected has to do with their magic power. Neinhart's magic power was simply greater than Natsu's, so he wasn't affected. Natsu was affected because his magic power is simply put, below Brandish's. Her magic probably works like Gemini. Can't be used against more powerful opponents.

Now, on to how Natsu beat Neinhart: if you look back to the erlier Fairy Tail chapters, specifically chapter 7, it is outright said that most professional fighters>most mages. Why? Because mages need to train their intellect and spirit in order to use magic so most of the times they don't train their body all that much. So a professional fighter, with a stronger body and build will blitz and OHKO a mage. Of course there are individual exceptions. Natsu, i.e. is a mage, but his magic requires heavy body training in order to be effective. So he is trained to the point where no fighter can take him on. But, that's not the case with Neinhart. As we have seen, Neinhart is a mage who doesn't use his body at all to fight. He uses Historias or this wind magic he displayed 1 chapter ago. So his durability, his body power and his combat skills shouldn't match those of Natsu. It actually makes sense with in-universe statements as well. of course, there is always the possibility that Hiro might have forgotten about it and what i just said is wrong.

Or perhaps Irene Belserion protected Neinhart with her enchantments?

In addition, Brandish was able to affect August, when somehow shrinking his wound, despite that he is more powerful.

Yes. But I think that Natsu is just plain supposed to have higher magic power than Neinhart (othervise his flames would not be able to affect his enemies), so Irene likely enchanted the latter.

@ panemorfos

true, but neinhart getting knocked out is PIS (to hype up natsu): he didn't attempt to protect himself after all. i should also point out that most mages in the verse are only slightly super human at best and the wizard the vanish brothers beat up was a decrepid old man, so a trained, peak human, fighter could take them down.

I will unlock the profile, so you can change it.

Finished.

Oh, and Ant, could you unlock Lucy's profile too?

Seems that she has new star dresses, as well as they seems to be rather comparable in power

As for powerscaling, maybe Brandish just channeled small fraction of power in order to keep tumor shirnked and she just undo it (she casted it without any defence from Natsu earlier). And Neinhart magic power might be much bigger than Natsus (base ofc), he just had no physical trainig to survive Natsus attack, not to mention he was still maintaining his signature spell on Wahl and Bradman . Addtionaly he looked sometwhat brainwashed after Irenes enchnatment (and acted like noone in his position (he was responible for historias summons) would- charge on two enemies (which one is definiftelly stronger mele combatant and second one most likely too in almost mele range and then trashtalking + castinig wind spell (while his energy beam was much stronger looking from the effect). Only one logical anwser to that would be him thinking Brandish is his ally.

@ czuczian11

neinhart attacked brandish because he considered her a traitor; but i get what you are trying to say.

@Delta3000

Yep sure. Then he just overestimated his capacities i guess ( Also i guess he had no other choice as Irenes command was rather easy: kill Erza (they are her allies and she is not reall that far away considering that they were teamed just before Brandish appeared and took Natsu Lucy and Happy with her) or die) Also am I the only one who thinks that Neinhart may be Irenes artifical human just like the Juliet and Hyhne?

@ czuczian11

Of course he did, just as anyone would if they didn't know the limits of their power and they don't have the training to make good use of it. well he didn't disipate so i would say no, but then he could be playing dead or the enhancement prevented him from doing so.

Back