• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UnOrdinary Discussion Thread

Our squad.

An asshole (Arlo)

An Extremely Violent guy who is slightly less of an asshole. (John)

A Time Lord who can't use her powers. (Sera)

A Pikachu (Remi)

A hunter who really doesn't wanna be involved. (Isen)

A laser happy red head who doesn't know what's going on. (Blyke)

A healer that I forget exists until she shows up again. (....)

@Dargoo

To me, it's actually worse. Those doing it are unlikely to think that they were wrong. For if they believed that they were, they would be unlikely to be doing it. Those who ignore/do nothing choose to let others suffer, which is worse in my opinion, as they acknowledge that it's wrong.

The doctrine of negative responsibility compels thee!

@Dragon

I think the healer's name is Elaine.

@Litentric Teon

I think the main reason why high/top/god tiers ignore the shit that's going on in the school is because they see no reason to interfere. Why? because their presence alone is enough to make both the bully AND the victim shit their pants

Although this doesn't excuse those who actively avoid situations like that, like SoS Seraphina, for example

@Mickey

I wasn't making excuses for anyone, lol. All the high tiers and above are the worst of the worst to me when it comes down to quality of character, with the exception of Blyke and John. (Though I have other issues with the two).

Blyke is probably the best of the High Tiers. I think the only issue is that he doesn't actively seek out bullies. However, if they are around, he will stop them.

Blyke honestly redeemed himself. He tried to be a nice guy to John after learning about the true victims of society being the low and mid tiers. He offered to wait for him so they can walk together. Both times, John said no. Blyke is a pretty chill dude most the time. Sometimes I wish he was the main character oof.

Blyke is very underrated.

He also gets points for not leaving Remi to die, and risking his life there as well. He's also surprisingly patient.

Blyke I feel just needs to actually be put in the loop. Dude is kinda like....there....He has no idea what's really going on and is simply along for the ride. And John kinda doesn't help seeing as he's not very friendly with anyone not named Seraphina....I mean...Blyke did try to shoot him....but there was a reason for that...

I agree about Blyke he definitely went up my list of "good people." Remi still being first though....

Good people list:

-Remi

-Blyke

-Seraphina

-John (debatable)

-Isen

-Arlo

-Elaine (got better but she's still a crappy person)

Favorite characters:

-John

-Remi

-Seraphina

-Arlo

-Blyke

-Isen

-Elaine

Wow Elaine is on the bottom of both for me lmao

Yeah there's a lot of characters (especially in the beginning) that are really "just there" but so believe that's because it's all slowly getting put into place to move the story forward.

I honestly think Remi would be helping people more if she wasn't so focused on EMBER.

Now I do have an unpopular opinion I want to share.

Alright everyone, Team John or Team Arlo? Depending on you answer I might have to re-evaluate my friendships with some of you ovo.

SinsofMan said:
Alright everyone, Team John or Team Arlo?
Depending on you answer I might have to re-evaluate my friendships with some of you ovo.
Team Remi

Team Remi

Idk, Lellah be looking pretty snacckyy tbh ; ) Ehh ****, why not Remi? It is clear they are gonna be the B Plot anyway oof. Team Arlo, John or Remi. Unironically,

Team Seraphina

Rightfully leaves behind the responsibilities that were forced on her not by choice but by her birth, but doesn't try to tear down the system that everyone else works by out of spite.

Monarch Laciel said:
Team Seraphina

Rightfully leaves behind the responsibilities that were forced on her not by choice but by her birth, but doesn't try to tear down the system that everyone else works by out of spite.
That sounds like a vote for Team Arlo by default, you traitor oof.

I am clearly ╠ÂT╠Âe╠Âa╠Âm╠ ╠ÂR╠Âe╠Âm╠Âi╠ Team John. Mostly because I always love it when a character burns a system down of usually all alignments.

Team Arlo issues: We need to keep in place a hierarchy that systematically disenfranchises people.

Team John issues: I'll neglect my power and let others be hurt, even though I want to lead the kind of life I could easily give to them.

I'm with Monarch on this one. Go Seraphina, a fallen high tier is exactly what we need. John acts like he has no privilege, and gets angry when others try to get him to use the power he was born with. Arlo abuses his privilege and ignores the plights of others. Yet neither actually try to either better their current system with their power, or tear the current one down in order to install a new one. So, in essence, everyone is wrong here. Which is awesome, lol.

Damn, all of this over a joke oof. I might defend John's position here, but I will be the first to admit John is just..wrong Like, morally, ethically doesnt matter. Pick a word, it probably fits. But the society is clearly flawed and I dont think John is doing it the right way. Also surprised the population hasnt had a revolution in some way in this world. Makes you think..

I am also Team Seraphina. She technically did nothing wrong. Like she's one of the two characters who have done like nothing wrong here (the other being everyone's underused Redhead. Like seriously, dude has probably one of the best offensive abilities so far....). Both Team Arlo and Team John have too many holes in their reasoning.and are both pretty bad. So...yeah....

C-can I also just say that Arlo is breaking his own rules? He has literally no reason as to why he can't just tell people that John is the new King...like he clearly has no issues talking back to John and so I doubt he feels any need to care whether John's powers are hidden or not. So...ummm...why doesn't he just make him King according to his ideals? I may have forgotten something though.

I mean, if we are going to play the game she did nothing wrong, Id say that of Remi sooner then Sera tbh. Even tho Sera is my favorite character next to Remi. Sera has done nothing wrong since we have seen her, but she has plenty of bad actions in the past. The difference is she is looking to try and repent. John...isnt. Arlo definitelly isnt.

Tearing down a system that completely justifies the degradation of a lower class based off the way someone was born is fine by me. Even if he's doing it out of spite at least it'll be a much needed spark to change everything.

So yeah I still think John is very much justified in beating the crap out of all of those people. They have done the same, for much longer, and continue to do so. To me it's no different than Batman beating the crap out of criminals. It's justified especially seeing how John is ACTUALLY a victim of months of abuse just because of someone obsession with a flawed order that can't think for himself.

Yes Arlo cannot think for himself. He puts the hierarchy before anything and upholds it on a shining pedestal despite it being a hierarchy that again glorifies the dehumanization of a large populace. Realistically speaking this society would have no chance of existing since there would definitely be an uprising every 5 years or something since life is actually miserable for so many people (EMBER anybody?).

John is definitely not like Batman. The two are pretty vastly dissimilar.

John is still wrong. Taking down a hierarchy and putting nothing in place actually just induces chaos to everyone.

I'm more like to give EMBER more credit than John, as they seem to have some kind of plan that goes beyond just killing superheros and selling drugs.

Litentric Teon said:
John is definitely not like Batman. The two are pretty vastly dissimilar.

John is still wrong. Taking down a hierarchy and putting nothing in place actually just induces chaos to everyone.

I'm more like to give EMBER more credit than John, as they seem to have some kind of plan that goes beyond just killing superheros and selling drugs.
The closest you can probably pin John too is someone like the Punisher or Red Hood. Someone with an Anti Hero or slightly Villanous Bent.

I was referring to the attacks of violence being the comparison to Batman.

Taking down a corrupt system and not putting one in place is fine in the sense that another system will naturally take over. John being the spark as I said means just that. Forceful change that'll lead to a difference.

EMBER has actually done no good at all....like they don't even have a righteous cause or anything that we know of.

Another system doesn't have to naturally take over. Anarchy is a possibility. Systems don't occur over night, and with no plan to immediately instill a new one after taking down the current one he's bound to plunge things into such a state and make things significantly worse before someone else comes along and installs a system which isn't guaranteed to be better than the current one.

You know we're only talking about the school right? There's not gonna be any anarchy and if there is it won't make life for low tiers any worse now would it?

I mean, knowing John...he's just going to take down anyone in his way. I guess I'm speaking for the larger implications of his actions. Because the hierarchy of the school, is the hierarchy of society as we've seen with Remi's arc.

Yeah but it's not like it's going to government level or anything. Taking down a system that literally segregates people is not wrong. I doubt John would attack people at random either. Name one person he's hurt that hasn't deserved it.

True. But taking down such a system not only on a whim, but with no intention to help those whom are actually disenfranchised by the system isn't really much better. John isn't doing it for a good reason, so I can't call it truly good. He has no real intent on doing good outside of making a better place of Seraphina. He's yet to realize the responsibility being a high tier brings, which is something Arlo understands in droves.

To be fair, you're right. John hasn't hurt someone who hasn't deserved it (except maybe Remi iirc). But we also don't know everything about him nor his past. So we actually can't say that John wouldn't wild out on anyone he believes to be an enemy.

Though I honestly did appreciate what John said to Arlo regarding Isen.

I'm not calling it good. I'm calling it better. The responsibility of a high tier should mean nothing unless we're talking about combat or specific scenarios. In day to day life there should be zero responsibility because they are not special and should not be treated as such. Putting them on a pedestal is what creates the segregation to begin with.

He never hurt her. He did react poorly to her but he was very vulnerable and having a terrible day.

Yeah Isen is funny and an enjoyable character but people can't forget he was a piece of shit.

That's actually incorrect. In the world of Unordinary people are literally born unequal. Someone like Seraphina and someone like Waldo cannot possibly be said to be equal. Seraphina can, at any time, simply kill him with a thought. Murder his family. Subject him to torture. And there's not a single thing he can do about it. And society won't intervene because Seraphina is a high tier. In a world were people are biologically born unequal to one another, responsibility is placed on those whom are born with such power regardless of whether or not they want it. A high tier can't get angry and go on a rampage else they'll kill a boatload of people. A low tier with a relatively inconsequential power has no such problem. Those with power, rather than running from their literal birthright, should accept themselves as is and what comes with it. Responsibility doesn't just apply to other people, but it's also control of self, which John currently lacks.

John taking down such a system can be argued to honestly be worse. At least now, high tiers are somewhat kept in order when you have folk like Arlo. With the lack of such a structure, the things I mentioned above could happen with zero repercussion regardless of whether or not someone is a high tier.

Having a bad day isn't an excuse for hurting someone or behaving like a jerk. (Try telling that to your interviewer or boss, lol)

Precisely. John was spot on there, and Arlo would do well to forget that neither he, nor many in his circle are exactly good people.

Again I meant that outside of combat they are all equals. People are born equal and should not be treated differently. The heads of companies are all high tiers, they receive the best education, and everything else. It's not fair at all.

High tiers keeping structure only benefits them. It is a totalitarian system with no benefit to low tiers. There already are zero repercussions for beating the crap out of anybody you see just because you can. If John were to show himself as a high tier and not lie to anyone and still have comitted the brutality that he has done Arlo would have no qualms about it because "he's a high tier and can do whatever he wants to lower tiers."

I mean yeah but he didn't hurt her. He had a crappy day and snapped. Any one of us would have done the same (good or bad is irrelevant).

Ah. I see what you're saying. But we can't simply ignore the fact that they are biologically unequal because of their powers. Their abilities supersede things like intelligence, nationality, gender, etc. If you're a high tier, you're at the top. Everything else stems from that. But the disparity in power is a truly unfair thing, unlike anything in the real world. So while it's not fair, it is an unfair structure based upon the unfair disparity among powers. Like, the ability to control time vs...turning your skin to stone. Their society makes sense, despite it's obvious flaws.

Probably, but we agree that neither John nor Arlo are correct. My main point is that John is not really any better than Arlo here. If the logic is such that the even with structure, high tiers can beat on mid and low tiers, then why would that change when there's no structure keeping the high tiers in check?

Nah. Being rude to someone because you're having a bad day doesn't change the fact that it's rude. Simply because it happens frequently doesn't make it not rude. And there are plenty of people who don't snap at others even when having a bad day.

Back