• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 4

If people decide to create Imperceptibility then that power could work (limited to technology). Naturally, how the effect is performed also works (like using Technology Manipulation).

There is a character with the ability to unconditionally "evade" (he does not actually dodge the attack) the first attack to one-shot him, what would that entail as?

That's too specific and yet, you rather rate it based in the nature of the power.

Yeah its hard to tell, especially since he only got to use it once, where an attack pierced through him but he was perfectly fine right after. I suspected limited causality manipulation?

Without context I can't tell, it may simple phased through it, or even the attack itself failed due to its own weakness/limitation.

Antoniofer said:
Without context I can't tell, it may simple phased through it, or even the attack itself failed due to its own weakness/limitation.
All that was stated was that he did not die due to the ability (which is called "untouchable"). It was like the attack never happened.

GyroNutz said:
Maybe a limited invulnerability?
I would have said so but he has another ability where he becomes invulnerable to any surprise attacks so it would be weird for it to not use invulnerable for both in descriptions.

Antoniofer said:
Sounds like it used Intangibility.
hmm, that could work, might need to reread the bit because I thought for sure he got hit but it is likely he was not.

Also I have been thinking some characters can put people in stasis but the closest ability we have for that is time stop, which is not exactly correct as people who have time stop or time manip resistance should not resist it. so shouldnt stasis be an ability on the site?

Sealing is the closest to what I am talking about.

Btw even in the lock down are we able to add character and verse pages?

I suggested Cosmic manipulation when someone suggested Dark Matter Manipulation, so the first one can cover the second, but people associate it more with Reality Warping or large scale Energy Manipulation.

To cover Nature Manipulation we could make Environment Manipulation, due the different types of "natures".

Antoniofer said:
To cover Nature Manipulation we could make Environment Manipulation, due the different types of "natures".
Personally i think Enviroment Manipulation should be its own page, as i don't think they aren't the same ability.

When i think about Nature Manipulation, i think control and manipulate the forces of nature, which can include Enviroment Manipulation but it could also include other abilities like:

Plant Manipulation, Animal Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Life Manipulation, Elemental Manipulation, Energy Manipulation (Specifically energy contained in nature), Matter Manipulation and Weather Manipulation.

Stefano4444 said:
Personally i think Enviroment Manipulation should be its own page, as i don't think they aren't the same ability.
I agree, the same guy has the ability do do something like that, allows him to singlehandedly construct things from materials around.

I feel like cosmic manipulation is a little redundant since is basically just reality warping with universal/multiversal range, maybe even less.

Thelastmlg said:
I feel like cosmic manipulation is a little redundant since is basically just reality warping with universal/multiversal range, maybe even less.
Personally i feel like Cosmic Manipulation should be treated like Unholy Manipulation, a power that is made up by sub-powers.

Cosmic Manipulation can involve things like Matter Manipulation (able to control and manipulate matter, anti-matter or dark matter), Elemental Manipulation, Energy Manipulation (cosmic energy, stellar/solar energy, geothermic energy, elettromagnetic energy, nuclear energy), Space-Time Manipulation, Creation, Black Hole Creation, Gravity Manipulation and Environmental Manipulation (control and shape planets, stars and galaxies).

Yes, Reality Warping can do all of that, but then again Reality Warping can do everything that Physics Manipulation can do, but we have still decided to make a distinction between warping reality and just manipulating the law of physics.

Oh right, it could be that too, yeah.

Stefano4444 said:
I don't really like the idea of power made by sub powers, but i do like this one.

Although i think it could have a better name, like cosmological or cosmos manipulation, at least as "other names".

The abilitiy to manipulate items should have it's own page. Whether it's some hero's ultimate armour or Escalibar. Pretty much the ability to manipulate them directly out of the control of the user or being able to change, remove or add values to them.

I have been seeing this for quite a lot of characters and I would like to hear your thoughts about Undeformability, which gives you resistance or in some cases, immunity to deformation. For some reason, there are scenarios where characters with this ability doesn't rely on Regenerationn or elasticity to return their bodies back to its normal shape.

There's at least 5 types of Undeformability it describes:

• (Type 1) Uncompressibility = The character is immune or is resistant to the process of compression to an certain extent that isn't physically possible for a normal human to survive through & can return their bodies back to its normal shape.
  • (Type 2) Unexpandability = The character is immune or is resistant to the process of being stretched and/or being expanded to an certain extent that isn't physically possible for a normal human to survive through & can return their bodies back to its normal shape.
  • (Type 3) Undistortability = The character is immune or is resistant to the process of being distorted (such as being bended or losing rigidity of their physical structure that keeps the body from breaking apart) to an certain extent that isn't physically possible for a normal human to survive through & can return their bodies back to its normal shape.
  • (Type 4) Severing Immunity = The character is immune to the process of their bodies/body parts being severed physically by sharp weapons without any visible signs of blood loss & internal body damage and can reattach them back together with no Regenerationn being involved.
  • (Type 5) Penetration Immunity = The character is immune or is resistant to the process of being pierced to an certain extent that isn't physically possible for a normal human to survive through & can return their bodies back to its normal shape.

Back