• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark matter, Regular/positive matter, and anti matter are separate entities from what i read.

Dark matter is the force/energy that causes the universe to exapnd for infinity.

"Unlike normal matter, dark matter does not interact with the electromagnetic force. This means it does not absorb, reflect or emit light, making it extremely hard to spot. In fact, researchers have been able to infer the existence of dark matter only from the gravitational effect it seems to have on visible matter" [ https://home.cern/science/physics/dark-matter ]

[edit] "Antimatter is just regular matter with a few properties flipped, such as the electric charge." [ http://wtamu.edu/~cbaird/sq/2014/07...ark-matter-dark-energy-and-degenerate-matter/ ]

"Yes. Although the names sound vague and almost fictional, the types of matter called antimatter, dark matter, dark energy, and degenerate matter are all different, specific entities that really exist in our universe." Same link as the above.

I guess since its considered a class of matter... it can be matter manipulation... But Anti matter is also apart of the matter family.. and it has a page of its own..

@Butter

That's anti-matter. Dark matter is a form of matter that is thought to be composed of different elementary particles from the known ones, and doesn't interact with most matter normally through the weak, strong, or electromagnetic force(though it still seems to have gravity). Many fictions mix the two up, calling anti-matter dark matter.

Edit:I was ninja'd hard

Curiously enough, Dark Matter Manipulation seems to be related to the power suggested above, Cosmic Manipulation.

Dark Matter manipulation I feel is a bit too rare. I do know one character who would have it though.

Andytrenom said:
Dark Matter manipulation I feel is a bit too rare. I do know one character who would have it though.
I'd have to research other properties of it, but I could be confusing dark matter and dark energy. New concept to me I just thought of lol.

Ah okay i was confusing Dark energy and Dark matter.

This is dark energy.

"a theoretical repulsive force that counteracts gravity and causes the universe to expand at an accelerating rate."

Still both are pretty unique, and probably rare, and as they are classified as a form of Matter i don't think it really deserves a separate page if it does becomes a thing.

Imma be real, Powerlisting, while it does have its issues, is more useful in most circumstances when one wants to understand what powers exist and can do. Whilst their "absolute" x power bull isn't good here, regardless or not if I disagree with the concept, it has more ideas for powers there than here, and covers the applications and spillover if those powers better.

ALSO. Statistics Manipulation needs a new name, along with Status manipulation, not just because they sound like video game powers, but those names could be applied to powers that actually affect or use "statistics" or "statuses" in a weird way. I know many powers call under the same roof at times, where "statistics manipulation" might be a subset of Probability Manipulation, and Status Manipulation can be anything from Reality Warping to Conceptual Manipulation or, somehow, having a power that is explicitly not conceptual manipulation, but can manipulate the... Burocracy...? Basically, a power where they could make a King a Peasant or something, but on an "essential" level— like not necessarily the concept of a peasant, but the "essence" or "pure quality" of it. May be a distinction without a difference, but no one in a realistic context would call their strength and speed and stuff "statistics" and being sick or burning or poisoned or confused a "status".

What were the number of comments needed to create the new thread? Navidate using my tablet its a pain right now.

Well, yeah, but this is a wiki about characters and fighting people WITH superpowers. So it would be ideal if it... Were at least 75% as good.

Although I was sure Nigh-Omnipotence was a page here, but I wouldn't be surprissed if it was removed; Complete Arsenal was also removed. Anyway, not sure if I agree with specific tier powers.

Antoniofer said:
What were the number of comments needed to create the new thread? Navidate using my tablet its a pain right now.
400. It usually takes time to load the thread after this limit for many people (like you in this case, and probably Ant because he always says so, maybe tablet users).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back