• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A very stupid question about a fangame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello chat, im here to ask a very dumb, stupid, silly question.

could i theoretically index LA JUPO VANIA: The Game, onto the VS Battles wiki site instead of the FC/OC site?

While LA JUPO VANIA is an undertale fangame, the only part of it which is related to undertale is the battle mechanics and La Jupo's base design being based off sans, however, games such as One Night at Flumpty's have been allowed due to despite being a fangame and using the same mechanics as the original work, the plot and characters are completely original to ONAF (beyond Flumpty being obvious flumpty dumpty).

LA JUPO VANIA: The Game, should, in theory, fall into this same boat due to the plot of La Jupo having no real relation to the plot of undertale. it follows an Angel of War mech named C4, built during WWII to kill the chaos god of death, La Jupo, who seeks to exterminate all of humanity every 300 years.

this, again, is a very stupid question and i kinda expect it to be denied (mostly due to the base design of La Jupo being based off sans) but it's kinda worth it since it'd be funny if i could get it on here.

While LA JUPO VANIA is an undertale fangame, the only part of it which is related to undertale is the battle mechanics and La Jupo's base design being based off sans, however, games such as One Night at Flumpty's have been allowed due to despite being a fangame and using the same mechanics as the original work, the plot and characters are completely original to ONAF (beyond Flumpty being obvious flumpty dumpty).
ONaF is part of the Fazbear Fanverse Initiative, technically making it a spin-off of FNaF in the eyes of the wiki, so probably not.

ONaF is part of the Fazbear Fanverse Initiative, technically making it a spin-off of FNaF in the eyes of the wiki, so probably not.
ONAF was accepted onto the wiki before it joined the fanverse. it joining the fanverse just kinda made it even easier than it already was to let it stay.

if i recall that is. could be wrong about that.

i'll see what others think. if i could actually get this man on the wiki i'll lose it because he's just my favorite stupid idiot man.

28368171-wbn8udri-v4.webp

Gonna have to say no on that one. Flumpty's was part of the Fanverse Initiative, About the only other case of the main game's dev supporting a fan creation directly is Matt Roszak directly supporting Feit-Neo's hard mode mod with art for Epic Battle Fantasy 5.

Here? It's less about what it is and more along the lines of concerns as to whether LA JUPO is an Undertale fangame or its own thing. IIrc, Toby Fox had supported Undertale Yellow, but never as directly as Scott Cawthon with the Fanverse, nor Matt Roszak with the EBF5 Hard Mode mod, so I don't think Undertale Yellow would be qualifying for VBW either.

LAH-JOOPOH-VAYNEEAH

22XX.
200 YEARS AFTER THE FALLEN CHILD HAD WIPED OUT THE MONSTERKIND.
GOD HAS ABANDONED HUMANITY, AND UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE CREATURE ONTO EARTH.
IT'S ONLY GOAL IS OMNICIDE EVERY 300 YEARS.
MANKIND SHALL PERISH
HUMANITY WILL FALL...

BUT NOT ON YOUR WATCH.
YOU PLAY AS C4, AN Angel of War MECH
WHO ROSE FROM THE ASHES IN WW2
AND IS COMING BACK FOR MORE.

CAN YOU STOP HIS RAMPAGE?
This is the summary for the game on the page you linked. It is specifically a fan sequel to Undertale, taking place 200 years after the events of Undertale (even if the basis probably could have been made without it being a sequel, it is explicitly intended to be one).

I wouldn't agree to this being on the wiki. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back