• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale range issue

Then, like I said. The Soul has Already Been calced in size. The Soul and Body are different sizes. That's what I've been saying.

What do you think should be done with the royal guards? They currently have standard melee range only.

Also i should note that the maximum distance for a spear being thrown irl is over 90m.

At least Extended melee range, They have swords. So that should put them there

That's for the Max. We shouldn't really assume that tho. Since no feats support that. The most She has ever thrown them is a bit over 20 meters.

Well, undyne should be able to throw her spears at least comparable to that of an athlete. She also threw from the bridge to the bushes frisk hid in which using this would be a little bit higher.

Anyway, ive pretty much gone through every profile. Only sans needs correcting (who i should note, has higher range with spatial manip listed anyway. So his above ten meters range is likely far from being a true limit).

We shouldn't assume the peak though. Since we have actual feats to go off of. It doesn't support 90m. Also take in mind. That's comparing to some of the best people in the world. Longest anyone had gotten is 104 meters iirc. Safer to go off of what we know. And I do know about that. And I did consider it. Like I said. The 20ish area. The calc I did hit 17 meters. It's just considering that last scene, it shows her Spears can reach a bit longer distance. Meaning it should be in the 20ish meter area. But nothing higher

Alrighty. Should we ask staff like Ant about it?

And while Sans fights are debatable on wether it effects his fights due to teleportation. Other fights should definitely be either redone or removed from other profiles, cause At Least Dozen meters, and Tens Of meters is a pretty big difference, with the acceptation of same series fights like Sans vs Undyne and such.

Maybe not the peak. But at least the athletic (which is why they are subsonic to begin with). Im not sure what the average athletic is. She literally has feats and scaling for every requirement under superhuman physical characteristics along with being trained with the spears.

I asked cal about it. I dont think sans being 20 metres short of what he was before requires us to do several rematches. It seriously doesnt make that much difference especially when its higher with space manip and blasters anyway.

I don't know the average either. I'm just going off of what's shown feat wise.

Not Sans. I'm saying other undertale people. Sans has the Argument is Teleportation mostly negating range. I'm saying Other Undertale characters. People who don't have those kinds of hacks.

Well, a lot of the other characters dont seem to have many matchups at all since they are not as overused as sans. Ill wait for cal or another staffs response.

Alright

I was going through yo find an example and Jeez. For how many pages they have. They are surprisingly underused

Alright. And currently was already put in there for evaluation, so waiting for someone to look at it.

Calculates basic range distances for two characters which only affects them slightly. Lists it as priority 1

@Elizhaa Could you possibly unlock sans profile so i can change it to tens of meters? Somebody with dozens of metres should really be worded as having tens of metres anyway.

Isn't priority how much of the verse it effects? Cause it has range effect on the whole verse

And At Least Dozens Of meters to Tens Of meters is a fairly big change

Not really. The calc itself covers two characters. All the monsters danmaku is different. Most characters that fall under tens of metres would be calcable on their own. Also dozens of metres is tens of metres either way and should be worded as such just like any other profile. And it is unjustified without the need for calcing. Its a priority 2 at best. Though im not sure if the fact it is a simple range calc would lower it since range isnt really a massive change in statistics unless your best range drops by hundreds of times.

It effects all characters though. It measures sans and undynes fight sure. But it measured the average box for most characters and long box. It also is regardless knocked all their range down cause it's unjustified, and this proves it should be lower since Sans likely does have longer range anyway. And nobody is likely having longer range than Undyne, so by lowering her range, it lowers everyone else's range too. Same for Sans. May not be a massive range change like hundreds. But from an At Least Dozens to lower end of Tens Of meters. It's still a pretty decent change.

No. A difference of 36 and over 10 meters has very little effect on the majority of matchups they would have and is within the same tier of range. The box varies and characters attacks rarely scale to the length of the hitbox which is why they vary so much (not to mention that its the simplest calc to do which is why it hasnt been looked at yet). It affects a few characters at best. Also ive kinda made the changes to the characters range anyway. Lets just wait for sans profile to be unlocked.

I wasn't talking about defecting matchups there. I'm just saying it effects pages across undertale.

But no point arguing this. Range stuff has been changed yea. We just need a staff member to unlock sans real quick like.

I agree with the downgrade. But, what about Undyne's ground spears? The ones that spawn from the ground.

Back