• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale: Immeasurable Speed, but it is for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I was in the site for the first time. End of 2017. They were the times of when Timeless voids granted Infinite speed, Dimensional Tiering gave you AP from default and other stuff.

One of these other memories was Immeasurable Speed for Undertale god tiers. But like anything else, if with a good explanation and evidence, everything can be accepted, so let's go.

NOTE: DO NOT MAKE THIS ABOUT THE COSMOLOGY, IT WOULD BE DERAILING. THIS CRT IS ONLY ABOUT HYPER GONER AND NOTHING ELSE

The feat

Everyone and their mothers know about this. Frisk can outrun Asriel's Hyper Goner, which is devouring the timeline itself.

This should pretty much qualify as Immeasurable, as Frisk is running through space-time in order to escape its destruction, and we even see the physical movement they do to perform this feat.

To support this, Asriel says that he does not want to destroy "this world" but just to reset it. Undertale already acknowledges different timelines being a thing as said in this cosmology blog, so Asriel suddenly contradicting himself like this would not make sense at all, as Asriel is still one of the most knowledgable characters in the verse, as he saw every possible outcome in the Underground and knows that his world is nothing but a game controlled from the Player, so assuming him being wrong would contradict his very character.

Addressing the counter arguments against this

I am aware that lots of counter arguments can come, so I'll address them all.
  • He never said he destroyed the timeline, he has just purged it.
Purging means generally to get rid off of something, and in the context I do not see why it would mean otherwise.

But let's see what Toby Fox himself meant with this.

In the Japanese version, Asriel straight up says that he'll destroy the timeline (1, 2), and Toby Fox has assisted in the JP Localisation of Undertale, meaning that it was clear that he meant "destroying" when he said "purge".
  • The background didn't change, meaning that Asriel did not destroy anything.
Undertale is a game, and thus graphics limitations exist. The background was already black at the start of the fight, then it shifted to the Rainbow thingy. Not to mention that the focus of the story was surely not at the timeline being destroyed, but just on Frisk fighting Asriel.

So I do not see why the screen not changing would matter, given it was very clear what Asriel did, giving his statements.
  • But the barrier was still fine
The barrier in Undertale is a very weird thing. Not even things like Flowey with 6 SOULs can destroy it, but when he had 7 SOULs, he needed a lot of effort to break it.

The nature of the barrier was also never elaborated in particular, we just know that it is a thing created from seven of the greatest human magicians, which was meant to lock monsters in the Underground undefinitely, and only human souls can leave it, meaning that you can argue that destroying the universe doesn't break the spell and that it exists independently of everything else, with Asriel being casual while destroying the timeline (but still putting effort while breaking the barrier) to support this.

So this should not be used as a rebuttal anyways.

Who scales?

Obviously:
  • Frisk (Only with immense amounts of Determination, given they are the one who made this feat)
  • Asriel Dreemurr (in his 2-C/2-B key for obvious reasons)
  • Chara (in their 2-C/2-B key, given they should have similar levels of DETERMINATION)
  • The Player (as they see Frisk and Asriel as fictional)
Votes

Agree: 23 (DaReaperMan, Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara, OnsokunoSonic, Roachman40, The_Pink_God, Theglassman12, Cyberblader90, Phantom_Falcon, Transcending, DarkDragonMedeus, Greatsage13th, The_Almighty_Wholesome, Psychomaster35, y3p_owo, Vietthai96, FantaRin_The_First, Small_Ophion, Maverick_Zero_X, omegabronic, Lord_JJJ, ShivaShakti, eliaspower1234, ShionAH)

Disagree: 0

Neutral: 0

Last edited:
Really like how you put this together, rather straight to the point

yeah, given how its worded in both versions, im fine with this feat.

Giving myself a read of this CRT a few times, I am inclined to say this is reasonable and well-thought out, so... I'mma give a Agree FRA for this CRT. Can't wait to see Immeasurable Speed on UT profiles, kek.

Wouldn't believe this would ever happen or I'd agree to it but here we are.

Agree, seems pretty straightforward. How many more mods are needed to approve this?

I agree

I am quite shocked that had actually being agreed upon by 4 stuffs and seems like it will get accepted

I don't see why frisk only gets this speed with DT unless it has proof of boosting her speed

Is there any proof of frisk being faster because of DT? Speed has nothing to do with AP I believe. Sans should scale
Unless you think that even Froggit scales to Immeasurable because DT does not increase speed, you know that Sans being the same speed as the literal God tiers of the verse is nonsense.

Unless you think that even Froggit scales to Immeasurable because DT does not increase speed, you know that Sans being the same speed as the literal God tiers of the verse is nonsense.
Froggit is not capable of dodging frisk.

Sans is superior to his tired form that is superior to lvl 20 frisk with Sea Tea that is superior to lvl 20 frisk without sea tea that is superior to lvl 1 frisk without sea tea that is equal to imme speed.

Froggit is not capable of dodging frisk.
And yet Frisk's SOUL moves on a similar speed.
Sans is superior to his tired form that is superior to lvl 20 frisk with Sea Tea that is superior to lvl 20 frisk without sea tea that is superior to lvl 1 frisk without sea tea that is equal to imme speed.
Frisk gets LV 20 only after killing Sans for one.

And besides Geno Frisk does not even scale to the Pacifist one.

And yet Frisk's SOUL moves on a similar speed.
And yet frisk is capable of dodging all the attacks with ease and can hit froggit without trying also probably game mechanics
Frisk gets LV 20 only after killing Sans for one.
My apologies ı meant LV 19. Doesn't change much
And besides Geno Frisk does not even scale to the Pacifist one.
It it supposed to be superior to normal frisk without insane DT. Yet you still didn't give me any proof of DT boosting speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back