• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale human SOUL

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
Yes, another Undertale boost thread. Shush.

So, as many may knows, Human SOULs in Undertale are vastly powerful, but to what degree, is unknown. Also, a human soul that is still living must becomes strong to really be at its maximum. However, a soul not living anymore and absorbed by a monster are vastly more powerful than a base living Human SOUL.

We can know how powerful the boost a human soul gives.

When Asriel absorbs all the Monster's SOULs, he gain an infinite boost in power compared to Photoshop Flowey. This immense boost was only due to the monster SOULs. Yet, as described by game lore, a single human soul can match all the monster SOULs. A strong enough SOUL that is. However, as proven before, a monster can get much higher power by extracting power from the SOUL than a weak Human SOUL can get alone. This power seems comparable to all the monster SOULs, as proven by Asriel himself.

So, that would mean that the Human SOULs gives boosts in power similar to the Monster SOULs, which is infinite. This would give the Human SOULs a potential infinite power (That a human can take into by making it stronger, or a monster via absorbing it). And Remember this is a boost-like power for monsters. Their own power will increase by infinity once they take one.

So, what does that imply for the tiering of certains characters?

Flowey got 6 beautiful SOULs with him. That's 6 times infinity on him. If we puts it into our Dimensional system, this would make Flowey 9 dimensional, which is Complex Multiversal Level.

Asriel got the equivalent of a 7th SOUL, and got boosted by infinity, so 10 Dimensional, which is High Complex Multiversal Level.

The Annoying Dog is where it becomes a bit more complex. Since the AD views all of Undertale as fiction, it would make sense for him to be one infinity higher, so 11 dimensional. However, the AD created all of Undertale, including each human SOULs, and each of them acts as an infinite boost. Unlike Chara and Flowey, who seemed to just rewinds time to create the world back, the AD just created it out of scratch, on his own.

Unless we want to believe the AD can create something stronger than himself, he would probably be at least on part with all the Human SOULs Combined, which would be well into Hyperversal.

Yes, I know that you don't HAVE to be as strong or stronger than your creating, humans are proof of that. However, this isn't the same. Scientific creations doesn't create anything, they just harness an already existing power and uses it. However, the AD made everything himself. He couldn't create something that harness a higher power, since he created everything there. He probably created the very concept of SOUL. And since these things actually boosts power instead of just being infinite power thing, the AD should be more powerful than the total, unless you want to think he could boosts himself an unlimited amount of time. Thus, his power should be equal to the number of human SOULs. Even if you only do a single timeline, there should at least be 7 billions of them, since it is based on our world. So, 7 billion dimensional. Hyperversal Dog.

Chara doesn't really get boosted by this, at first. They are already a human soul, as they have stolen Frisk's. Yet at the very end of Genocide, they takes the player soul's too, which should be human. Thus, Chara probably would have 2 souls at the end of Genocide, in their conceptual form. It is unlikely to scales to Undying and Sans, as the battle with them isn't any different than before, with only 1 soul, so it is possible that Chara only uses on to do it. So 2 SOULs equal High Multiversal+.

If Chara does have 2 SOULs, it scales to Gaster, as he manages to erases Chara if you name them "Gaster", although only for some time, as the Player probably brings them back when they come back.

That's, uh, a pretty huge boost. So, yeah.

I agree with the Omega Flowey's and Asriel upgrade,but not with the annoying dog upgrade, Annoying dog only created 7billion infinities, not 7billion infinities multiplied together, which would only equate to multiversalIf someone/he were to absorb that many souls then it may be 7billionD, but as it stands the most powerful thing to actually occur in the game was Asriel/ the barrier which only equals 7 human souls

Yes, but it would be illogical that all of AD's creations together would be stronger than himself. If we DO say that, then the Annoying Dog could still creates a potentially infinite number of SOULs to boosts himself, which, uh, doesn't sounds right.

Don't forget AD created Undertale the game, not the universe of said game, we have no way of knowing if anything outside of the scope of the game is possible for him, because if it is, why not have it happen in the game, hence why I'm a bit iffy on his upgrades

I consider the "That's the end of Hard Mode!" speech to be evidence towards Toby making the whole world of Undertale and not just a game. Or just a game that we're treating as a whole universe. Because Undertale has no fourth wall.

The game within the game is an example of Recursive Cano. It's like Kid Goku passing by an advertisement for Dragon Ball.

Drac32Drac said:
Are they? Is it even proven that a copy of the game doesn't actually represent a multiverse?

Copy? what copy? there are not physical copies of undertale.

But in any case. The game and the universe are the same. Since in Undertale there is almost no fourth wall. And messing with the files almost equally traslate into messing with its reality.

You know what I mean by a copy of the game. It's clear that when Asriel destroys 'everything' that it doesn't do so for other copies of the game... even though it's technically a multiversal feat. As a Steam game, it's technically feasible to program as well.

Drac32Drac said:
You know what I mean by a copy of the game. It's clear that when Ariel destroys 'everything' that it doesn't do so for other copies of the game... even though it's technically a multiversal feat. As a Steam game, it's technically feasible to program as well.
What does that have to do? the fact that Undertale the game and the universe are the same doesn't mean that every "copy" is an alternate universe or something like that.

You miss my point. A Universe is below a Multiverse, which is below the game(copy), which is below the set of all games installed.

...I'm going to drop-out for a moment...

This is getting beyond the point where my brain can comfortably follow what's going on...

Drac32Drac said:
You miss my point. A Universe is below a Multiverse, which is below the game(copy), which is below the set of all games installed.
Again. What the actual **** would have to do the rest of "copies" of the game with this? i'm seriously confused. The fact that the game is its own universe doesn't mean that every copy is an alternate universe. This is NOT pokemon.

No, you miss my point. There are multiple universes, each with uncountably many timelines, within one 'single' copy of the game. The term 'universe' is insufficient to describe all that one copy of the game entails. That distinction is important.

Ok, the reason for all of that nonsense is because it shows that it just isn't clear if AD is actually stronger than Asriel, or even just as strong as him for that matter. Without have a clear definition of what 'the game' entails, Asriel could have surpassed his creator.

OH

You mean that, since there are many copies of Undertale in both our world and in the game itself (Mettaton's Live Report, Toby's room...), then we must determine what we're talking about when we say, "AD created the game."

My input is that, as the author avatar, he created ALL the copies of Undertale that everyone has downloaded, deleted, or kept, EVER.

An Asriel exists in each copy of that game and was able to defeat and then renew that copy as much as he pleases, destroying and renewing every copy of Undertale that exists within that copy of the game, which would include another Asriel, Photoshop Flowey, and Chara, who can in-turn screw around with all of THAT copy, and the copies within that, and within that... etc.

In other words, Undertale is a Droste game, and the characters we see are the closest to "real" as it gets.

In that case, Annoying Dog is above Asriel by another degree of infinity, being as real as we are.

Therefore, Annoying Dog is tier 0 on our wiki's measures of fiction, because he's an author, and tier 10-B on our wiki's measure of his power here.

Or does that make Undertale all tier 11-C?

...No, no, that's not right. If that were the case, then everything on this wiki would be 11-C, save for real people, because they're all equally fictional...

Dog is Unknown tier. Everything else stays the same.

This is because the characters in Undertale are the first and most powerful selection of characters that are each infinite in their own worlds, each one infinitely more powerful than the last, going down the line infinitely.

I don't even tiers.

I knew that the Reality - Fiction thing was coming.

For the record, I was supporting the decision for unknown tier for AD.

^

Wasn't directed at you. Just something which needs to generally be understood.

Anywho, yeah, Unknown is probably the most accurate thing we can do for AD.

About AD I prefer to keep the unknown tier because even if we consider that each copy of the game a multiverse (I doubt very ) different no evidence that is the same AD .

As for the increase in Undertale dimensinal characters, does not seem to me to be wrong but I'm inexperienced with string theory / M-theory , but how would the beings that already have deployed Determination artificially and can control it (type the Flowey )?

Sorry, it seems like what I said caused a lot of confusion, what I meant by it was that we have no way of knowing if anything beyond the scope of the events that occurred in the game could actually happen in the undertake multiverse, so we don't know if someone could collect 8 human souls, in fact since we never saw any humans besides Frisk and Chara one could argue that within the game of Undertale there aren't actually 8 souls to absorb, hence why I think annoying god should only be 1 infinity above Asriel, or unknown

The point of our big mess of nonsense is that since the dog exists on that boundary between fiction and reality (geez, that makes AD sound like Yukari now) then there isn't much sense in trying to assign a tier to him, scaling or otherwise. It could even be argued that he is simultaneously the weakest and strongest being in Undertale and not strictly be wrong.

So does anyone have an opinion on Asriel and Omega Flowey? We kinda all went off on a tangent with AD and forgot about those two…

I believe the upgrade would be correct, but I am in doubt whether beings like Flowey which has artificial determination and control she had over an infinite in the account , what do you think?

Flowey's not a she..?

Well Flowey seems like any monsters using Human SOULs, I don't know why it would be different?

I mean, it took seven human SOULs (Well, technically at least), for Asriel to reach "∞" attack/defense, I don't see why this would mean each individual human SOUL is infinite as well.

The Everlasting said:
I mean, it took seven human SOULs (Well, technically at least), for Asriel to reach "∞" attack/defense, I don't see why this would mean each individual human SOUL is infinite as well.
Well, / 7 is still . Conventional math doesn't really work properly in that context.

Because it's probably the only time Frisk didn't completely catch up in power to the enemy (Not being able to hurt him), so his stats were infinite to him. It is possible that Flowey could have infinite stats too compared to normal monsters (In fact, it is a given, since 2-A rating), just that it wasn't shown.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Flowey's not a she..?
Well Flowey seems like any monsters using Human SOULs, I don't know why it would be different?
Flowey is Asriel then it must be male.

It is that Flowey / Asriel already have determination without human souls

Well I don't think Flowey's base Determination was nothing too impressive, as he was overpowered by Frisk's and couldn't beat Asgore, I'm talking the boost given by the human SOULs added in.

Flowey has more determination than a regular human since he could save and load in spite of being in a world where humans exist. Frisk was able to go past this by gaining Chara's soul. Flowey however must not have the combined determination of a human soul and a monster soul as he was still stuck in the underground, otherwise why didn't he try to seek out weak humans?

To be honest, it's not really clear to me if determination is something that any character could potentially unlock on their own, or if it's just a name given to an abstract concept develepod within the laboratory. There are signs that it might actually be the latter. That Flowey/Chara might initially be the ONLY characters that could have determination... of that type at least. Frisk would then get determination via Chara. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

Well he still wasn't THAT strong, as I said, he couldn't get past Asgore, so he would be Mountain Level at most.

Why are we talking about base Flowey tho? The boost is about Photoshop Flowey.

Actually, during the Genocide run, Flowey says that, in some of his trips, he's killed everyone, which would presumably include Asgore. Similarly, I do recall that he could kill Asgore, just not get him to reveal the Human SOULs.

Asgore, even without stat scaling, is well above Undyne, as she could only knock him down after being specifically trained by Asgore to do that.

mygodwhydowekeepbeingofftopicplzsomeonedosomething

Well I always assumed "Not being able to get past Asgore" meant that, well, he couldn't kill him. And he always let you kill Asgore for him, he only ever does the killing blow on an already dying Asgore.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
mygodwhydowekeepbeingofftopicplzsomeonedosomething
Well I always assumed "Not being able to get past Asgore" meant that, well, he couldn't kill him. And he always let you kill Asgore for him, he only ever does the killing blow on an already dying Asgore.
Flowey implies he's killed everyone in the Underground, before. Multiple times. That would include Asgore. However, a nerfed Flowey forced to do nothing but follow you in the shadows through the whole journey obviously does not have enough power to beat Asgore on his own.

He also implies that he had to reload many, many times to pull that feat off as well, but that's neither here nor there.

As for the original topic, I just don't think there is any sensible way to use the souls as a means for scaling anyone.

edit... What I mean is that each soul could contribute any number of different stat increases based upon the 7 soul rules of the verse, which wouldn't be obvious from our limited data set. It could be additive, it could be multiplicative, it could be exponential, it could be logarithmic, it could be fractal, it could be a hyperbolic function... you get the idea.

Additionally, there's the likely possibility that one soul isn't equal to another. Also, who is gaining the souls could be a facter as for how much power is bestowed. For instance, the same soul might give Flowey much more power than Asgore, or less. There's just too many unknowns to figure that out.

Back