• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Undertale Discussion Thread]

Tbh I still think there's enough proof for a Gaster profile to be made, but I'll wait until his inevitable reveal as an active character in Deltarune, however long it may take. I suspect Universal+. I bet he's gonna be able to erase and create timelines on a whim or something.

Wait, why doesn't Asriel have 4th Wall Awareness? He explicitly interrupts the credits while they're playing for a joke. And you can make the argument that Flowey is talking to us at the end of a Pacifist Route, when he says that the last and only threat to the world is us, as we possess the power to undo everything.

Wait, why doesn't Asriel have 4th Wall Awareness? He explicitly interrupts the credits while they're playing for a joke. And you can make the argument that Flowey is talking to us at the end of a Pacifist Route, when he says that the last and only threat to the world is us, as we possess the power to undo everything.
It also confirmed by Tomato Clyde

Bumping this.

Question, if we accept that magic can mimick real elements, should the Undertale lasers not be lightspeed as well?

I think Mettaton has some laser weapons but I don't think dodging them will qualify for light speed movement speed.

Man, if Dragonite didn't give me the link I wouldn't have found this thread, the brackets on the title make it hard to find...

Anyway

This video is so good, I really recommend you guys watch it if you have 30 minutes to spare (also this guy channel is a gold mine so subscribe to him if you liked the vid).

The section with the Let's Players Genocide Route gameplay coupled with Flowey's monologue is particularly great.

I should make a video explaining why Undertale is a mediocre game that's overhyped as hell.
The quality of a video game is subjective opinion. If you want to say what you think about how good/bad or whatever Undertale or certain aspects of it were, feel free, but stating these things as objective facts is where it goes from fair to immature. I love Undertale and it remains my favorite game of all time, but I wholly respect the opinion of others and understand why some don't like it. Guess what, not every game is for every one, and there are especially some games that are really for specific kinds of people, and the truth is that Undertale is one of them. It's a character and story driven game, which may turn away a lot of people, among other things. The important thing when handling subjective opinions is to just not be a prick about it.

The tone of your message, and the fact that you posted it in the Undertale discussion thread, comes off as pretty spiteful to me. Kind of weird to be that way over an almost 8 year old game with a much smaller fanbase than it once had.

Man, if Dragonite didn't give me the link I wouldn't have found this thread, the brackets on the title make it hard to find...

Anyway

This video is so good, I really recommend you guys watch it if you have 30 minutes to spare (also this guy channel is a gold mine so subscribe to him if you liked the vid).

The section with the Let's Players Genocide Route gameplay coupled with Flowey's monologue is particularly great.

Late to respond but yeah I love that channel. Andrew has a small following for the time being, but he's grown a lot already since I first joined. Not only does he have great analyzations and wording, but he has made some banger theories in the past too, and has great editing too. I hope his channel does well. I even participated in one of his live streams once and we had a brief but very cordial debate involving a certain fan theory, which demonstrated to me that he's very respectful as well.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to his channel success in general 🙏

I can't understate how the section with all the streamers genocide route with Flowey speech in this video is just... Perfect

Also I think that other guy is baiting so I wouldn't bother

I'm going back to my Undertale phase lesgooo

Yeah I'm really looking forward to his channel success in general 🙏

I can't understate how the section with all the streamers genocide route with Flowey speech in this video is just... Perfect

Also I think that other guy is baiting so I wouldn't bother

I'm going back to my Undertale phase lesgooo
All fax.

I like how Undertale have different layers, starting from surface knowledge, like Asriel and genocide, ending with real deep ARG stuff, like Gaster being canonically a horse and being capable of fighting demons and defeating one

The quality of a video game is subjective opinion. If you want to say what you think about how good/bad or whatever Undertale or certain aspects of it were, feel free, but stating these things as objective facts is where it goes from fair to immature. I love Undertale and it remains my favorite game of all time, but I wholly respect the opinion of others and understand why some don't like it. Guess what, not every game is for every one, and there are especially some games that are really for specific kinds of people, and the truth is that Undertale is one of them. It's a character and story driven game, which may turn away a lot of people, among other things. The important thing when handling subjective opinions is to just not be a prick about it.

The tone of your message, and the fact that you posted it in the Undertale discussion thread, comes off as pretty spiteful to me. Kind of weird to be that way over an almost 8 year old game with a much smaller fanbase than it once had.
Sure, sure, subjectivity and all of that exists but I still plan to make that video.

I'll mostly go over things I dislike about the story, the message of the game and the gameplay. I plan on playing Undertale again, and completing it just to do a more accurate critique. To develop a hater grindset per se.

And to not bore myself while doing so, I plan to judge every character in Undertale by their crimes and sins just to say which monsters deserve to die and which don't.

Sure, sure, subjectivity and all of that exists but I still plan to make that video.

I'll mostly go over things I dislike about the story, the message of the game and the gameplay. I plan on playing Undertale again, and completing it just to do a more accurate critique. To develop a hater grindset per se.

And to not bore myself while doing so, I plan to judge every character in Undertale by their crimes and sins just to say which monsters deserve to die and which don't.
now this actually feels like it done out of spite especially in this thread

I really feel like you're gonna say with Sans that he deserves to die because he doesn't protect his brother in other routes and stops us only at genocide.

But, just saying that it happened only because he thought that Anomaly will be happy if it get what it wanted, but he just sees the possibility of their ass destroying the world, so he actually interfered in genocide to slow down the process or just make Player go back.

now this actually feels like it done out of spite especially in this thread
I can understand why. I don't blame you for thinking that.

I have a habit of monologuing and talking about my plans before I make them a reality. Once I finish an Undertale playthrough, I will make that review and post it here, and talk about it.

But that won't happen for several months since I plan to finish Umineko, Omori, Touhou 13, Hero of Ice Fairy prologue, and Touhou Mystery Reel before I even think of doing that review.

I'll return. Mark my words.
I really feel like you're gonna say with Sans that he deserves to die because he doesn't protect his brother in other routes and stops us only at genocide.

But, just saying that it happened only because he thought that Anomaly will be happy if it get what it wanted, but he just sees the possibility of their ass destroying the world, so he actually interfered in genocide to slow down the process or just make Player go back.
I wouldn't say so, Sans is one of the monsters with the least amount of sins and crimes to my knowledge. Not avenging your brother isn't a sin.

That being said I don't like how the game locks you out of the genocide route (Aka the route with the worst game design because Toby would rather spread his silly ideals rather than make a fun part of a game) if you spare one person.

I don't see why he intervenes to save the world when he didn't prevent his friends and family from being killed or even avenge them. Family and friends matter a lot more than the world, his motives are strange, he should have intervened a lot earlier and he should have not stopped if the protagonist spared a single person.

A mass murderer that spares a single person and kills everything in their way is still a mass murderer that should be taken care of.

I can understand why. I don't blame you for thinking that.

I have a habit of monologuing and talking about my plans before I make them a reality. Once I finish an Undertale playthrough, I will make that review and post it here, and talk about it.

But that won't happen for several months since I plan to finish Umineko, Omori, Touhou 13, Hero of Ice Fairy prologue, and Touhou Mystery Reel before I even think of doing that review.

I'll return. Mark my words.

I wouldn't say so, Sans is one of the monsters with the least amount of sins and crimes to my knowledge. Not avenging your brother isn't a sin.

That being said I don't like how the game locks you out of the genocide route (Aka the route with the worst game design because Toby would rather spread his silly ideals rather than make a fun part of a game) if you spare one person.

I don't see why he intervenes to save the world when he didn't prevent his friends and family from being killed or even avenge them. Family and friends matter a lot more than the world, his motives are strange, he should have intervened a lot earlier and he should have not stopped if the protagonist spared a single person.

A mass murderer that spares a single person and kills everything in their way is still a mass murderer that should be taken care of.
He has no power on us and he knows it so why should he care? Like he says “It will all be reset anyway” you are missing a big part of his character.

The only time sans actually fights back is when we go so far to the point where even resetting wont be an option and there will a possibility of eternak void

It's not meant to be fun, that's the point. Are you gonna act surprised that a character and story driven videogame uses videogame elements to build into its message? In this case by mimicking the RPG mechanic of grinding exp by just spamming encounters over and over.

Also "Toby would rather spread his silly ideals", talk about approaching the game in bad faith jeez.

Also "Toby would rather spread his silly ideals", talk about approaching the game in bad faith jeez.
The reason why Deltarune exists it's because he can't shut his head and mouth, he really wants to tell a story.

He has no power on us and he knows it so why should he care? Like he says “It will all be reset anyway” you are missing a big part of his character.

The only time sans actually fights back is when we go so far to the point where even resetting wont be an option and there will a possibility of eternak void
Even if it will all be reset anyway, he should have still tried to change the present to the best of his ability. The present is what he'll live through after all.

Also, why are you a catboy now?
It's not meant to be fun, that's the point. Are you gonna act surprised that a character and story driven videogame uses videogame elements to build into its message? In this case by mimicking the RPG mechanic of grinding exp by just spamming encounters over and over.

I know Toby intended the Genocide route to be boring and that's my issue with it.

The genocide route contains a lot of the lore, and a lot of important details of the story that you wouldn't know if you only played the pacifist and neutral routes, and they're all locked behind the most boring part of the game that's developed badly on purpose. Why? Because Toby wanted to propagandize crappy morals.

When other developers make shit on purpose they get criticized but when Toby does it he gets... What are formal and less gross ways of saying "People dick ride him/he gets his dick sucked/He gets his ass kissed"? I don't know other synonyms for calling someone who praises another person a lot and overlooks their flaws that has as much connotational impact as calling them "Dick riders/Dick suckers/Ass kissers"

Even if it will all be reset anyway, he should have still tried to change the present to the best of his ability. The present is what he'll live through after all.
He already knows he lived through this thousands of times and no matter what he does he will end up with no memory of what happened. Sans is powerless against us and he tries his best not to piss us off because he knows we have this power over him and his multiverse. The only times he goes sicko mode on us is when he knows we hit rock bottom in evilness
Also, why are you a catboy now?
:oops:

And yeah, Sans is nihilistic. He knows that he could do everything right 7 billion times, and that you'll always be right back to try again.

Sans has to win an infinite amount of times for his plan to work (or hope you reset). You have to win once to continue onto the end.

He knows that he can't do anything and that he'll wake up tomorrow with nothing but deja vu with everything back to square one.

However, when pushed to the absolute limit, he decides to try and end things

Last edited:
I feel like this person actually supports massive manslaughter and school shooting

But yeah, Sans actually won't do any shit, and he just thought that anomaly will go away after what it will get. The World is much, much more important than his family, in HIS eyes. And, it's actually true, because world contains a lot of more story than you would get. Even if he gone to fight earlier, his ass would be crushed same way as in genocide. So, he's standing here because he's aware that it's a doomsday scenario with world destruction. Even Undyne felt that.

Did you just imply that 'don't kill people' is a "crappy moral" lol
Do you really need a video game developer to teach you that killing is bad to know it's bad? You don't, no one watched Undertale and stopped killing because of it.

That being said, Undertale characters are fictional, the death of fictional characters does not matter. There is nothing wrong with killing fictional characters.
He already knows he lived through this thousands of times and no matter what he does he will end up with no memory of what happened. Sans is powerless against us and he tries his best not to piss us off because he knows we have this power over him and his multiverse. The only times he goes sicko mode on us is when he knows we hit rock bottom in evilness

:oops:
We can hit rock bottom in evilness yet spare a single irrelevant monster and he would not go "sicko mode"
I feel like this person actually supports massive manslaughter and school shooting
Now that's ridiculous. All of this over fictional characters? They don't matter, they're infinitely less valuable than any real person. Just because I don't mind the murder of fictional characters it doesn't mean I support the real versions of it. You're so silly haha, how did you even come up to that conclusion?

We can hit rock bottom in evilness yet spare a single irrelevant monster and he would not go "sicko mode"
Sparing does not abort genocide route.
But, I need to say that it makes sure that your destination is not about killing everyone and nuking entire world.
It just makes him think that you're just being a total ass shit, but not a massive world destroyer. Like, you still want to play a little.

Now that's ridiculous. All of this over fictional characters? They don't matter, they're infinitely less valuable than any real person. Just because I don't mind the murder of fictional characters it doesn't mean I support the real versions of it. You're so silly haha, how did you even come up to that conclusion?
You're being ridiculous here and extremely edgy tbh. No, like, you're too edgy.
You're at first implying that killing is a good moral, then you're taking your words back into yourself. What do you except even, saying "crappy morals"?

Sparing does not abort genocide route.
But, I need to say that it makes sure that your destination is not about killing everyone and nuking entire world.
It just makes him think that you're just being a total ass shit, but not a massive world destroyer. Like, you still want to play a little.

You're wrong.
You're being ridiculous here and extremely edgy tbh. No, like, you're too edgy.
You're at first implying that killing is a good moral, then you're taking your words back into yourself. What do you except even, saying "crappy morals"?
When have I implied this? You're wrong.

Back