• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I noticed that in the profiles we don't call these attacks black holes. However, in discord, Hakita refers to this attack by King Minos as a black hole. So it's officially considered a black hole. At a minimum, we can add "creation of a black hole".

V11 can survive these black holes for a while, although it will eventually die. So it should give him some kind of resistance (Like space manip or something, maybe increase his lifting).

Being called a black hole doesn’t mean i is a true one, is just the name of the attack, it doesn’t behave like a black hole to give any resistances

Being called a black hole doesn’t mean i is a true one, is just the name of the attack, it doesn’t behave like a black hole to give any resistances
It looks like a black hole and the players intuitively call it a black hole, the author calls it a black hole.

No, it's definitely a black hole. And how accurately it visually resembles a black hole is another matter, the main thing is that we have an indication.

I'm not saying that from here you can try to find the level star or something, no, we can just add such an ability in the profile and maybe some resistances.

It looks like a black hole and the players intuitively call it a black hole, the author calls it a black hole.

No, it's definitely a black hole. And how accurately it visually resembles a black hole is another matter, the main thing is that we have an indication.

I'm not saying that from here you can try to find the level star or something, no, we can just add such an ability in the profile and maybe some resistances.
People can call it a black hole as much as they want, it doesn’t matter, we do not accept black holes as legit nor having any specific hax based on name alone, nor does it matter what the players “intuitively” call it, what matters is what the source material does, and as far as i can tell, literally the only evidence of it is hakita calling it a black hole

it doesn’t warp space, so no resistance to that, it doesn’t break down matter, so no resistance to that, it doesn’t pull us with gravity, no resistance to that

is literally a giant black energy orb that deals set damage and hard damage to us

People can call it a black hole as much as they want, it doesn’t matter, we do not accept black holes as legit nor having any specific hax based on name alone, nor does it matter what the players “intuitively” call it, what matters is what the source material does, and as far as i can tell, literally the only evidence of it is hakita calling it a black hole

it doesn’t warp space, so no resistance to that, it doesn’t break down matter, so no resistance to that, it doesn’t pull us with gravity, no resistance to that

is literally a giant black energy orb that deals set damage and hard damage to us
Garou's black hole from One Punch Man didn't warp space and so on either, but we accept it. Likewise with Liu Kang's black hole. Perhaps not, if something as a whole looks like a black hole (especially in a game with deliberately bad graphics), and at the same time the author himself calls it a black hole — this is a black hole.

The fact that there are no distortions around the black hole simply means that the author did not want to draw distortions. Not all fiction draws distortions even for real black holes.

Author's words more matter.

Garou's black hole from One Punch Man didn't warp space and so on either, but we accept it. Likewise with Liu Kang's black hole. Perhaps not, if something as a whole looks like a black hole (especially in a game with deliberately bad graphics), and at the same time the author himself calls it a black hole — this is a black hole.

The fact that there are no distortions around the black hole simply means that the author did not want to draw distortions. Not all fiction draws distortions even for real black holes.

Garou’s black hole sucked matter and was the byproduct of him summoning a gamma ray burst which was followed by the comic showing us an actual example of a massive star collapsing which can result into a black hole, and it comes from the guy that mastered the flow of the universe’s forces and energy

Liu kang doesn’t have any black holes feat besides the trailer, which isn’t even in the profile, and we have no reason to assume it is a black hole instead of a sucking portal, which the series have shown before, until the game drops and we have more info

the author’s words only matter when they actually explain something, an attack name means nothing without more context, author or not

We can call it pseudo black hole but it won't have anything more than gravity manipulation. Using "the author didn't want to draw distortions" is not evidence that it should have spatial manipulation

We can call it pseudo black hole but it won't have anything more than gravity manipulation. Using "the author didn't want to draw distortions" is not evidence that it should have spatial manipulation
not even that, cuz all the evidence of it even being a black hole is it being called it, attack names don't really mean anything if they don't showcase anything related to the name

I have a question

if it doesn't break down matter, what is it doing to V1 to have it not only make it almost die, but prevent itself from healing for a while?

or has that been taken into account already

I have a question

if it doesn't break down matter, what is it doing to V1 to have it not only make it almost die, but prevent itself from healing for a while?

or has that been taken into account already
It deals 10 normal damage and 99 hard damage, so i’d say status effect inducement

It deals 10 normal damage and 99 hard damage, so i’d say status effect inducement
Okay that’s fair enough, I can see why that is

I was mostly thinking matter deconstruction because it almost completely destroys V1 in one hit, but status effect inducement is probably a more effective explanation

What are the criteria for a black hole to be genuine?

The Black Hole feats page doesn't make it clear

Well if a black hole is made by gravity, bends space and light, and has similarities with a black hole like for example an Accretion Disk and stuff, that should be enough right? Because sometimes I've been told it wasn't enough.

Also I noticed I'm kinda derailing so it's gonna be my last post about that.

Well if a black hole is made by gravity, bends space and light, and has similarities with a black hole like for example an Accretion Disk and stuff, that should be enough right? Because sometimes I've been told it wasn't enough.

Also I noticed I'm kinda derailing so it's gonna be my last post about that.
whoever told you that was wrong then, that's definitely enough

Back