• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Can’t shadow just regenerate what he lost?
From the way the profile is worded, his regen allows himself to reform from destruction of like being a puddle and shit, but he has to have that mass itself to reform, if Kars assimilates that, that's mass of himself that's gone, so while he can come back from being reduced to a puddle, the more of himself that's gone beyond that, the less he has to come back from. That or the profile is worded wrong so eh.

Either way, absorption bypasses that on this wiki, at least this one should, as Kars' absorption is at a cellular scale according to statements which is beyond his regen.

Actualy no, in Amy's page there's a scan from a zombot regenerating a hole in the middle of their chest for example
Well fortunately I considered that possibility.
Either way, absorption bypasses that on this wiki, at least this one should, as Kars' absorption is at a cellular scale according to statements which is beyond his regen.
Though, I'd recommend posting that on Shadow's and rewording it. It's a slight word change, but an important one.

But shadow doesn’t have cells he’s just liquid metal-Kars wouldn’t use absorption in character against a machine as absorption like I said is just them eating Kars no longer needed to eat after using the mask him using it on something like shadow isn’t something I see him doing I see him using his arm blades,hamon,and animal powers

But shadow doesn’t have cells he’s just liquid metal

Doesn't matter, Kars can absorb metals, we know they can, we see them do it before and Ultimate Kars is just them on roids.
Shadow actually does have cells, it's just that his cells have been reconfigured.
His cells don't just magically up and vanish, they've been turned into something else, but they still exist, the liquid metal is composed of said cells. Just like how the liquid that turns them into this are made of tiny cell drones.

-Kars wouldn’t use absorption in character against a machine

Absorption is passive. It has to be turned off, not on. And why the **** wouldn't he? He's not stupid, and he doesn't care how he wins, he says this himself. If he has a wincondition, he can and will use it. Also what do you mean "in-character", Kars in character would use whatever the **** would net him the win. And against a constantly regenerating liquid foe where generic damage wont be effective, it's one of the only things he would use.

as absorption like I said is just them eating Kars no longer needed to eat after using the mask him

Kars doesn't need to eat 99% of the time anyway, he still uses it. You think Wham needed to eat Mark, after he just finished eating like 15 humans? No, he didn't, but he still did. You think Santana needed to eat after eating a stone mask vamp? No, but he still tried to eat Joseph. Why? Because why not? Mark was simply in the way and Wham hadn't turned off his acid and Joseph was getting in the way and acid would have been an easy solution.

using it on something like shadow isn’t something I see him doing I see him using his arm blades,hamon,and animal powers

He could use those, he could also use his absorption that has to be actively turned off, that effects metals and down to a level beyond what Shadow can regenerate from, against a mindless opponent, who he can easily restrain, while having ways to counteract the metal virus. Even if you argue Kars wouldn't lead with this, he will use it sooner then later, and Shadow can't actually put Kars down despite the AP advantage, Kars will resort to his hax, and when he does, that's it, he has all the tools available to him to do it, and do it well. Also his blades can exude acid too fyi.

He'd use whatever would get him the win. He doesn't give a shit how he wins. He will play dirty, lie, cheat, use any technique he has, strategize, exploit weakness and his opponent's state of mind or mental weakness. How he gets what he wants doesn't matter, all that matters is that he does in the end.
You're also forgetting that every foe Kars fought resisted his hax fyi, it's not even a matter of "he never used it again", it's a matter of "Hamon users explicitly resist this ability and can't be absorbed till all Hamon in the body is used up".

So let's do a recap.

1. Kars can absorb metal, whether through his own acid, or one of a million other types he has.

2. He has a ludicrous LS advantage that would allow him to restrain his foe to pull this off.

3. He can control his body at a cellular level, control the makeup of his cells, he can also shift back and forth between immaterial substances.

4. Every single individual cell can exude said acid, which would make it difficult for the tiny drones that splice his cells in the first place to pull this ability off.

5. If for some reason he gets infected, he can pull a Dio or Esidisi, but on a much greater scale with far less issue and detach himself from the infected parts, or better yet, just detach the infected parts off himself instead, as he can detach parts of his body, down to even tiny, tiny bits, if not dust if the SPW Foundation is to be believed.

6. His foe is mindless, he has a vast intel advantage and will use this the best he can. His foe won't.

7. Kars doesn't care how he wins, as long as he does, and will use whatever is in his arsenal to win.

8. The acid actually has to be turned off, not on. And while he can, why would he?

9. His opponent can't put Kars down, even if for some reason you assume everything is against Kars and won't use any type of acid as a lead and he actively turned it off, he will use it eventually, and that eventually may not be as long as you think.

10. Shadow can't regen from a cellular scale, which is what Kars acid assimilates down to.

"Because the method isn't important... All that counts... Is to get the final victory!!"
bPTBEpS.jpg

Well fortunately I considered that possibility.

Though, I'd recommend posting that on Shadow's and rewording it. It's a slight word change, but an important one.
Yeah, I will reword later that zombots don't regen just from liquid but can regen parts of their body that they lose

Like I said if it was passive then why didn’t the spikes melt? I don’t think kars can “absorb”shadow I only see him trying to corrode shadow away. And By not in character Kars never used absorption in any of his fights and don’t give me that hamon protection bs as if that was the case Lisa Lisa could have zapped him while he was playing guitar with her leg but she couldn’t after he incapacitated her and could have absorbed her but no, he could have absorbed Joseph instead of lopping off his arm while he was distracted or burning the hell out of his knee,and AC/DC was capable of absorbing Loggs’s Lungs after kicking a hole in him who was a hamon master btw,And Kars literally stabbed Joseph in the chest with his blade to pull him off a cliff but never absorbed him

>Like I said if it was passive then why didn’t the spikes melt?

You were told why, I'm getting sick of repeating myself at this point. Like it or not, guess what, he can absorb metal, we've seen them do it. Why weren't the spikes melted? Maybe Esidisi decided to turn it off against a character who EXPLICITLY is immune to it and does nothing to benefit him, instead opting to use said spikes to impale himself and use his blood as a way to immolate instead, just a thought. Either way. Pilar Men have melted metal before and nothing you say or notpick is going to change that.

I don’t think kars can “absorb”shadow I only see him trying to corrode shadow away.

And yet he's absorbed metal before, and it wouldn't even matter, you're arguing semantics now, ignoring the fact there's no reason why he couldn't absorb Shadow's cells given they're still cells, just shifted and spliced into a metallic substance. Kars would still corrode Shadow beyond what he can regenerate from, as Kars' acids melt down to beyond a cellular level. And yes, I just said beyond, because technically speaking, he's not absorbing the cells in their basic state, he's melting every single individual cell he makes contact with.

And By not in character Kars never used absorption in any of his fights and don’t give me that hamon protection bs as if that was the case Lisa Lisa could have zapped him while he was playing guitar with her leg but she couldn’t after he incapacitated her and could have absorbed her but no

Actually, I will say that, because that is quite LITERALLY why he never used it, because every single character he fought explicitly resists it. It is, quite literally stated, that a Pillar Men can not absorb a Hamon user, because they're protected by Hamon. Ergo, as long as Hamon is being created, he outright can't do it, because if he does, he'll die. And yes, he didn't do it against Lisa Lisa, because in case you forgot, he was ******* fighting Joseph at the same time, and decided to use her as bait so he could BOTH simultaneously as Joseph would be forced to protect her, and thus won't be able to fend off Kars and he could then kill both together without any hassle. This is why he didn't eat Lisa Lisa, because Joseph was on his ass in seconds and he didn't want to deal with it.

He literally says the himself.

Let's run through some important contextual lines you completely ignored.

"The requirements are only to fulfill one's goal![...]Move your pieces one at a time on the board... Making them effortlessly reduce the the risk to a minimum! Chance has nothing to do with it! That's a true fight!"

"And that's how you too... Will little by little be lured into my trap... To die!"

"Heh heh. Lisa Lisa is almost dead. Her heart is slightly beating. But I wanted it that way! Do you know why JoJo? This woman is a pawn to put you in checkmate!"

"She's not a pawn anymore if I let her fall to her death... If you don't catch the rope she'll die when she touches the ground JoJo!"

"This is a "true fight" JoJo. I just have to come closer calmly, to tear you to pieces while you're keeping still."

"See, I just have to come closer slowly to reap your life like one would a flower".

"Don't joke with me! First you want to run away to get your breath back right? I'm telling you again: I want to kill you without sweating! I won't run after you while you play Tarzan! Listen well JoJo! I can cut Lisa Lisa's rope whenever I want! Run away once again and I'll send her to the ground!"

I don't know how the **** you missed the context, when it's explained in detail. Kars didn't absorb Lisa Lisa, because he used her as a trap against Joseph who was still on the loose, forcing Joseph to stand still while he tries to save her, that way Kars could kill Joseph without his retaliation and with zero risks involved while also killing Lisa Lisa at the same time as if Joseph died, she would to as he'd let the rope slip.
This is a literal nonargument and I can't believe I'm actually seeing you ignore such blatant context.

, he could have absorbed Joseph instead of lopping off his arm while he was distracted or burning the hell out of his knee

Uh, no he ******* couldn't? Maybe you need a reminder.
gjWyqQt.png

Hamon protects them from being eaten.

But I assume you meant when Kars was Ultimate. Again. you're ignoring context as if nobody is gonna call you out on this shit.

cx1R91e.jpg

Would you look at that? Kars says why he used Hamon here over literally the millions of other powers he has.
He used Hamon to kill Joseph, a Hamon user, because he thought it'd be poetic, using the very same technique they've used against him.
That's why he didn't use acid, or one of the **** ton of other powers, because he had Joseph already beaten and wanted to finish him off with Hamon because Joseph used Hamon against him. That's it. Shadow isn't exactly a Hamon user who's been a pain ins Kars' ass for millennia. Kars is just gonna do what's optimal and would net him the win with minimal risks, as outlined above, twice over.

,and AC/DC was capable of absorbing Loggs’s Lungs after kicking a hole in him who was a hamon master btw,

No he ******* didn't? He kicked Loggins in the chest so ridiculously hard it blew his chest out, removing his lungs entirely.

The hell are you getting "he absorbed his lungs". Ignoring the fact they EXPLICITLY can't absorb Hamon users because if they do they'd DIE. All that happened here was he just kicked him in the chest so ******* hard his lungs got gouged and caved in. Killing him instantly and preventing any further Hamon creation. And even then? yeah so? Even if he did, why's that matter? Loggins can't create Hamon without his lungs so he could absorb if he wanted, Loggins being a Hamon master doesnt matter if he's dead, and before you try and argue that, Joseph kinda showed up and forced him into a match.

And Kars literally stabbed Joseph in the chest with his blade to pull him off a cliff but never absorbed him

Yes. And Kars can't actually absorb Joseph, because if he did, the Hamon in his blood would be injected directly into Kars VAPORIZING HIM.

Like actually be ******* real here, everything you just said is so ignorant to the context, established lore and facts, and feats that I'm about to call foul on this shit. Don't act like I can't easily check, let alone the fact I have the entire part memorized.
Like it or not, they can and have corroded metal, so that's not up to debate.
The acid manip has to be turned off, not on.
They can't use it on Hamon users, because they'd die, which is why they never do (Which is probably your explanation for Esidisi fyi, why the hell would he have his acid manip on while fighting multiple Hamon users? That's asking for death if he so much as touches them while it's on).
And the examples you keep giving as to why Kars doesn't use it "in character" is literally explained in context, by Kars himself, as to why he did what he did.
Absolutely nothing you said changed anything i said, none of it helps Shadow, none of it will change the fact he's going to get acid manip'd sooner or later, and there's nothing he can do to prevent that, if for no other reason then he's mindless and won't use the actual win conditions that he has.

Look, first few times I was willing to explain things, but there is no way you aren't doing this on purpose now, I can't reasonably debate someone who keeps bringing things up, but is ignoring everything around said things. I'm going to call you out on this shit no offense.

Last edited:
TLDR
I’m not saying Kars can’t win I’m saying that’s not something I see him doing-TbH I just see him using hamon to vaporize shadow until nothing remains instead of standing there doing nothing or out right trying to absorb him

Changing Vote to kars via hamon abilities
Capable of expelling the virus from his body and destroying shadows body beyond repair

You were told why, I'm getting sick of repeating myself at this point. Like it or not, guess what, he can absorb metal, we've seen them do it. Why weren't the spikes melted? Maybe Esidisi decided to turn it off against a character who EXPLICITLY is immune to it and does nothing to benefit him, instead opting to use said spikes to impale himself and use his blood as a way to immolate instead, just a thought. Either way. Pilar Men have melted metal before and nothing you say or notpick is going to change that.

And yet he's absorbed metal before, and it wouldn't even matter, you're arguing semantics now, ignoring the fact there's no reason why he couldn't absorb Shadow's cells given they're still cells, just shifted and spliced into a metallic substance. Kars would still corrode Shadow beyond what he can regenerate from, as Kars' acids melt down to beyond a cellular level. And yes, I just said beyond, because technically speaking, he's not absorbing the cells in their basic state, he's melting every single individual cell he makes contact with.

Actually, I will say that, because that is quite LITERALLY why he never used it, because every single character he fought explicitly resists it. It is, quite literally stated, that a Pillar Men can not absorb a Hamon user, because they're protected by Hamon. Ergo, as long as Hamon is being created, he outright can't do it, because if he does, he'll die. And yes, he didn't do it against Lisa Lisa, because in case you forgot, he was ******* fighting Joseph at the same time, and decided to use her as bait so he could BOTH simultaneously as Joseph would be forced to protect her, and thus won't be able to fend off Kars and he could then kill both together without any hassle. This is why he didn't eat Lisa Lisa, because Joseph was on his ass in seconds and he didn't want to deal with it.

He literally says the himself.

Let's run through some important contextual lines you completely ignored.

"The requirements are only to fulfill one's goal![...]Move your pieces one at a time on the board... Making them effortlessly reduce the the risk to a minimum! Chance has nothing to do with it! That's a true fight!"

"And that's how you too... Will little by little be lured into my trap... To die!"

"Heh heh. Lisa Lisa is almost dead. Her heart is slightly beating. But I wanted it that way! Do you know why JoJo? This woman is a pawn to put you in checkmate!"

"She's not a pawn anymore if I let her fall to her death... If you don't catch the rope she'll die when she touches the ground JoJo!"

"This is a "true fight" JoJo. I just have to come closer calmly, to tear you to pieces while you're keeping still."

"See, I just have to come closer slowly to reap your life like one would a flower".

"Don't joke with me! First you want to run away to get your breath back right? I'm telling you again: I want to kill you without sweating! I won't run after you while you play Tarzan! Listen well JoJo! I can cut Lisa Lisa's rope whenever I want! Run away once again and I'll send her to the ground!"

I don't know how the **** you missed the context, when it's explained in detail. Kars didn't absorb Lisa Lisa, because he used her as a trap against Joseph who was still on the loose, forcing Joseph to stand still while he tries to save her, that way Kars could kill Joseph without his retaliation and with zero risks involved while also killing Lisa Lisa at the same time as if Joseph died, she would to as he'd let the rope slip.
This is a literal nonargument and I can't believe I'm actually seeing you ignore such blatant context.

Uh, no he ******* couldn't? Maybe you need a reminder.
gjWyqQt.png

Hamon protects them from being eaten.

But I assume you meant when Kars was Ultimate. Again. you're ignoring context as if nobody is gonna call you out on this shit.

cx1R91e.jpg

Would you look at that? Kars says why he used Hamon here over literally the millions of other powers he has.
He used Hamon to kill Joseph, a Hamon user, because he thought it'd be poetic, using the very same technique they've used against him.
That's why he didn't use acid, or one of the **** ton of other powers, because he had Joseph already beaten and wanted to finish him off with Hamon because Joseph used Hamon against him. That's it. Shadow isn't exactly a Hamon user who's been a pain ins Kars' ass for millennia. Kars is just gonna do what's optimal and would net him the win with minimal risks, as outlined above, twice over.

No he ******* didn't? He kicked Loggins in the chest so ridiculously hard it blew his chest out, removing his lungs entirely.

The hell are you getting "he absorbed his lungs". Ignoring the fact they EXPLICITLY can't absorb Hamon users because if they do they'd DIE. All that happened here was he just kicked him in the chest so ******* hard his lungs got gouged and caved in. Killing him instantly and preventing any further Hamon creation. And even then? yeah so? Even if he did, why's that matter? Loggins can't create Hamon without his lungs so he could absorb if he wanted, Loggins being a Hamon master doesnt matter if he's dead, and before you try and argue that, Joseph kinda showed up and forced him into a match.

Yes. And Kars can't actually absorb Joseph, because if he did, the Hamon in his blood would be injected directly into Kars VAPORIZING HIM.

Like actually be ******* real here, everything you just said is so ignorant to the context, established lore and facts, and feats that I'm about to call foul on this shit. Don't act like I can't easily check, let alone the fact I have the entire part memorized.
Like it or not, they can and have corroded metal, so that's not up to debate.
The acid manip has to be turned off, not on.
They can't use it on Hamon users, because they'd die, which is why they never do (Which is probably your explanation for Esidisi fyi, why the hell would he have his acid manip on while fighting multiple Hamon users? That's asking for death if he so much as touches them while it's on).
And the examples you keep giving as to why Kars doesn't use it "in character" is literally explained in context, by Kars himself, as to why he did what he did.
Absolutely nothing you said changed anything i said, none of it helps Shadow, none of it will change the fact he's going to get acid manip'd sooner or later, and there's nothing he can do to prevent that, if for no othreason then he's mindless and won't use the actual win conditions that he has.

Look, first few times I was willing to explain things, but there is no way you aren't doing this on purpose now, I can't reasonably debate someone who keeps bringing things up, but is ignoring everything around said things. I'm going to call you out on this shit no offense.

I honestly don’t feel like arguing with you over interpretations of lore, feats,and events agreeing to disagree since In this world only the results matter here anyway,and not the different reasons why.

Scan pls?

This feels like an assumption, and assumptions need proof, Stroheim statment could simple be about beating him in AP, which was what he stated even, and even then if we are assuming there are metal that can resist it then why is the assumption that the metal virus metal is the one who doesn't resist, afterall Tails nor Eggman ever suggest using acid instead of making a cure, if we are making assumptions anything is fair. Also there's the fact that Stroheim made the suit based on Santana's hax, since everyone is saying Kars is better (and it definitvely is) then Stroheim's shouldn't even worked

Yeah, there's the fact that the more he touches Shadow the more infected he gets, meaning that doing what you said here:

Is going to infect him in an instant
guys yall are sleeping in the fact that kars has the "understando" and reactive evolution
he could just make himself immune to the infection in a pinch

Back