• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I can't be the first person to have thought of this.
Two ultimate lifeforms fight to see who is truly the ultimate.

Kars: 8-A key.

Shadow: Infected with the Metal Virus.

Speed equal.

Location: Starting range of 100 meters, SBA otherwise (Central Park, NYC).

Kars: 7 (Lord_JJJ, VegetaFan756, Abysswalker2126, Baken384, Epiccheev, Rez, sanicspood)

Shadow: 0

Inconclusive: 2 (Theuser789, Oleggator)

Last edited:
Not actually seeing any meaningful hax from Kars here against Infected Shadow. Shadow touches him or Kars touches Shadow and it's over either way afaik.

if the infections works due to poison or a virus. then kars resist due to sulf-sustenance type 2.

(also sorry for the late answer, but man, people now want add match stomp lol)

So apparently it is a synthetically concocted virus made by Eggman. The definition of synthetic is “made by chemical synthesis, especially to imitate a natural product.” It is an imitation of a natural virus, altered to turn people into robots. That means because it is similar to an already existing virus, Kars has resistance to it due to being the ultimate life form.

Kars wins unless the Metal Virus is man made, in which case it is inconclusive.
It is, Eggman made it

You are streching that definition right there, the metal virus is clearly not in nature to be resisted by him, Eggman did not imitate a real life virus

For what it's worth, Kars has complete control of his entire biology on a cellular scale. And can even shift his body into different states substances already like rock, mineral and the like.

What exactly does the virus do to the target? Would Kars be able to just change his cells back? How deep does the virus go? Would the fact he can already shift his body to immaterial substances and back matter? What about just cutting a piece of himself off before he's completely destroyed or transmuted if the former doesn't go well (Kinda like how Dio chopped his own head off, but worse as Kars can come back from around 1cm2 while in base let alone Ultimate).

The virus turns the person, pretty sure down to the DNA to a mindless zombie that is made of metal liquid, but yeah, cutting a part of your body would work, however the main argument was absorption, which would end up infect him from the inside

The virus turns the person, pretty sure down to the DNA to a mindless zombie that is made of metal liquid, but yeah, cutting a part of your body would work, however the main argument was absorption, which would end up infect him from the inside
Pretty sure? That could be important if it is or isn't.

Though I should specify that Kars can still split himself and control the separate parts, nothing is stopping him from absorbing something with a torn off chunk of his Body or vice versa. Even Santana could control pieces of himself in tiny chunks and at an extreme, as long as Kars is alive, even chunks as small as dust are alive (though he cant regenerate from the dust, they're still alive according to the SPW Foundation). And given this is ultimate, he can do quite a bit given his new profound shapeshifting and size manip to a higher degree compared to his base stat.

Would Kars be able to feel his body turning and the just eject his brain out or tear a piece of himself off to regenerate before he's fully turned? And then just continue assimilating using the part that has Shadow while "he" himself is detached but still controlling that part? Till both shadow and that body chunk are both taken out mutually?

Assuming he can't just shift his cells back.

Something I want to get off my chest about how this thread came to be. Currently there's an ongoing 8-A tournament, and someone chose Kars for it, but when they did, they referred to him as the ultimate lifeform. When I stumbled upon that thread, I thought, "Ultimate lifeform? Isn't that Shadow?" But I clicked to see it was some jjba character. After gaining knowledge of this character, I immediately thought I need to make a matchup for him with the ultimate lifeform I already knew. After searching Shadow's profiles, sure enough, I found a version of him that's 8-A.

Thing is, I'm not very familiar with either of these profiles. I've only watched parts 3 and 1 (in that order, and reason is a long story), so this is my first time hearing about Kars. And I was only a huge Sonic fan when I was little, not sure if I can be considered one now. I haven't read the IDW comics and don't exactly plan to. Only reason I'd heard of the Metal Virus before now is because it was mentioned in some YouTube video I watched. They even went over how the Metal Virus arc seems to be a homage to the metallic easteregg from Sonic Heroes, which I liked using as a kid whenever I played 2P battle mode with my sister (a bit of a tangent). I don't regret giving Shadow the Metal Virus for this match now seeing you guys are debating whether Kars can be infected by it, which has been interesting so far. Though I can't really pick a side since I know little about either. When setting up the thread, I just skimmed through their profiles to see whether or not this is a mismatch or stomp, and was surprised to see they have about as much hax as each other as well as some similarities like high-mid regen. My prediction was right as you guys are pretty divided so far.

Though despite not knowing much about either, there is one thing I'd like to mention in the debate. I made the match start 100 meters apart for a reason; their profiles do mention that they have some long range attacks, so I wanted that to at least be somewhat of a factor. I think it's a matter of what they start with. Shadow's profile does mention he has gifted intelligence. On the other hand, the part of his powers and abilities that describes the Metal Virus describes zombots as "mindless". Does being infected make Shadow less intelligent than he is normally? In which case, would he open with trying to use chaos spears and other ranged attacks due to the starting distance, or would he try to close the distance so he can try infecting Kars with the virus? And what about the other combatant in this regard? Would Kars open with ranged attacks, or would he try to close the distance so he can try absorbing Shadow? If they choose the former, would they soon try something else when they realize their high-mid regen makes it hard to kill each other with their regular attacks?

Last edited:
Something I want to get off my chest about how this thread came to be. Currently there's an ongoing 8-A tournament, and someone chose Kars for it, but when they did, they referred to him as the ultimate lifeform. When I stumbled upon that thread, I thought, "Ultimate lifeform? Isn't that Shadow?" But I clicked to see it was some jjba character. After gaining knowledge of this character, I immediately thought I need to make a matchup for him with the ultimate lifeform I already knew. After searching Shadow's profiles, sure enough, I found a version of him that's 8-A.

Thing is, I'm not very familiar with either of these profiles. I've only watched parts 3 and 1 (in that order, and reason is a long story), so this is my first time hearing about Kars. And I was only a huge Sonic fan when I was little, not sure if I can be considered one now. I haven't read the IDW comics and don't exactly plan to. Only reason I'd heard of the Metal Virus before now is because it was mentioned in some YouTube video I watched. They even went over how the Metal Virus arc seems to be a homage to the metallic easteregg from Sonic Heroes, which I liked using as a kid whenever I played 2P battle mode with my sister (a bit of a tangent). I don't regret giving Shadow the Metal Virus for this match now seeing you guys are debating whether Kars can be infected by it, which has been interesting so far. Though I can't really pick a side since I know little about either. When setting up the tread, I just skimmed through their profiles to see whether or not this is a mismatch or stomp, and was surprised to see they have about as much hax as each other as well as some similarities like high-mid regen. My prediction was right as you guys are pretty divided so far.

Though despite not knowing much about either, there is one thing I'd like to mention in the debate. I made the match start 100 meters apart for a reason; their profiles do mention that they have some long range attacks, so I wanted that to at least be somewhat of a factor. I think it's a matter of what they start with. Shadow's profile does mention he has gifted intelligence. On the other hand, the part of his powers and abilities that describes the Metal Virus describes zombots as "mindless". Does being infected make Shadow less intelligent than he is normally? In which case, would he open with trying to use chaos spears and other ranged attacks due to the starting distance, or would he try to close the distance so he can try infecting Kars with the virus? And what about the other combatant in this regard? Would Kars open with ranged attacks, or would he try to close the distance so he can try absorbing Shadow? If they choose the former, would they soon try something else when they realize their high-mid regen makes it hard to kill each other with their regular attacks?
Skipping parts.....? That's not good sir

How fast is it? If it takes longer then like, idk 3-4 seconds I'd assume Kars would pull a Dio like that time he got a chest full of Hamon. Or how Esidisi ejected his brain when he got vaporized by hamon.
Oh, if it's only cellular, I'd assume Kars could possibly shift his cells back as he can manipulate his body on a cellular level, manipulating and changing his cells back and forth between different organisms, substances and the like. And as one such substance is mineral composition, I'd assume he could come back from that too. Without getting into the possibility of him being able to take out the virus using his own cells as he can make every cell exude a corrosive substance. And he has some seemingly precise control, after all, the way he transforms is by manipulating and shifting his cells, and as mentioned above, even pieces of dust off him are alive.

Of course, the whole, Dio tech by ejecting or detaching himself is still fair game. The virus would be better off destroying the cells rather then trying to simply change them.

Would Kars open with ranged attacks, or would he try to close the distance so he can try absorbing Shadow?
Kars does have ranged, but he likes cqc better. In base he liked to use blades and basic pillar men physiology, in Ultimate, hard to tell but he did start using Hamon at the end.

How fast is it? If it takes longer then like, idk 3-4 seconds I'd assume Kars would pull a Dio like that time he got a chest full of Hamon. Or how Esidisi ejected his brain when he got vaporized by hamon
It takes a couple seconds, pretty sure Kars wins because of his insane body control

Well, ULF Kars has good ranged attacks
Yeah, but he only used them because Joseph tried to escape, those attacks were used to hinder the escape so he could get close. He will use them if he has to but he definitely prefers up close to extended melee.

Though, Kars ain't ******* dumb, at that range (100m), Kars would probably figure out about the metal virus (his projectiles getting turned for example would insantly tip him off) and deduce that 1. He can take it and just shift his cells back so there isn't a issue. 2. He can't take it so take a chunk of his body to assimilate without threat to his own being. 3. Figure out an alternative if 1 and 2 do not work for some reason using that 400iq he has.

Skipping parts.....? That's not good sir
I need your address sir, part skipping isn't what JoJo fans like.
I take it you two are probably in a joking tone, but you make it seem like this is something Jojo fans commonly complain about, and I can infer that some are more serious about it. I already knew Jojo fans can be toxic when they can't accept that Sakuya stomps Dio, and with how they use the argument of "only stand users can see and interact with stands" to think that all fictional characters from outside jjba automatically can't counter stands at all, which is stupid. But getting mad at someone because they're confused or made a small mistake is taking it a step further.

I said "it's a long story" for a reason, but you just jumped to conclusions that I may have watched it in the wrong order on purpose, as if it's entirely my fault. Which wasn't the case, because I watched it in the wrong order by accident. If I were to summarize what happened (I don't even remember it that well), what essentially happened is I was confused, I didn't know which part was which and where I was supposed to start. This was due in part to ********* not outright telling you what part it was you were looking at, not in the title, nor in the description/summary. For example, for part 3, ********* didn't title it "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3", they titled it more along the lines of "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders", and nowhere in the summary/description did they say that it was part 3. I had no way of telling through that site which title corresponded to which part. Because I didn't have a number telling me which order they go in, I was disoriented, so I picked one and hoped for the best. Now, I probably could've just looked it up or gotten help on what order I should've watched it in. I'm not entirely sure why I didn't back then, but one explanation could be that I'm stupid today, so I was probably even more stupid four years ago. But still, it's probably not entirely my fault, since this could've been avoided in the first place if ********* would've made it clear in the title or description, or both, what position in the series it is, without me having to rely on other sources. Before you try to rub it in my face that I shouldn't of been so stupid back then, just stop. It's in the past now, at least I didn't make the mistake a second time, it might not matter because there's a good chance I'll never get around to finishing the series, and I've already said enough.

But to elaborate more on what specifically happened. So I picked part 3 first... I watched it while being unsure if it was where I was supposed to start or not. This was in 2017. I finished part 3. It was alright I guess, but looking back on all the anime I've watched before and after that point, it's not my favorite by any stretch of the imagination. I then guessed which part came next, like I had guessed which one came first, both guesses being inaccurate. I ended up on part 1. I proceeded anyway despite it being obvious that it was in the past relative to part 3. I couldn't get past the first two episodes without getting bored of it. I dropped the operation until further notice. Or until... about a year ago, or at least a few months ago. I then decided to get my shit together and learn which part is which and what order they go in. I was willing to give the series another chance. So I tried part 1 again since that's the start of the series. I made it further, almost to the end of part 1 I think. I just no longer felt like watching it at that point as I had other things to do and other series to watch, it was at this point I realized jjba might not be my cup of tea if it had such a low priority. At least I enjoyed part 3 more than part 1, showing the series gets better when stands are introduced, though from my perspective, only marginally so.

The last point I want to make is that not enjoying the series that much isn't the only thing preventing me from giving it a third chance. I'm also reluctant to get into the fandom for a few reasons. For one, if I were a jjba fan, people would call me a gay **** sucker similar to how people already think I'm a lolicon just because I'm a Touhou fan. Joining these types of fandoms only subjugates me to more of those generalizations. Second, already been over how they're toxic. I'm already a bit toxic myself because of how the Touhou fandom assimilated me, but you already know there's several things I dislike about Jojo fans, so that's why I don't want to become one myself. However, if I do become a Jojo fan eventually and hypothetically it turns out the community is not as bad as I thought, then the other thing still stopping me is that I'm not that interested to begin with. After all, I didn't like parts 1 and 3, so how could I be a fan of something I don't like? Still, it could turn out that the rest of the series is better than parts 1 and 3, which I don't know for sure. There's still a chance I might try the series again someday because of that, just don't count on it.

I'm also reluctant to get into the fandom for a few reasons. For one, if I were a jjba fan, people would call me a gay **** sucker

tenor.gif

Who actually gives a **** what other people think, better yet, who the **** is gonna call you that, if it's on the internet you'd probably be called that regardless of what you do. Also unironically read the Part 3 manga over the anime, the pacing for the anime is ******* ass.
Part 1>2>3>4>5>6>7>8
It goes in order.

I take it you two are probably in a joking tone, but you make it seem like this is something Jojo fans commonly complain about, and I can infer that some are more serious about it. I already knew Jojo fans can be toxic when they can't accept that Sakuya stomps Dio, and with how they use the argument of "only stand users can see and interact with stands" to think that all fictional characters from outside jjba automatically can't counter stands at all, which is stupid. But getting mad at someone because they're confused or made a small mistake is taking it a step further.
I mean, people who say this aren't Debaters, this is the same thing of Saitama being able to Solo fiction, but ye

I said "it's a long story" for a reason, but you just jumped to conclusions that I may have watched it in the wrong order on purpose, as if it's entirely my fault. Which wasn't the case, because I watched it in the wrong order by accident. If I were to summarize what happened (I don't even remember it that well), what essentially happened is I was confused, I didn't know which part was which and where I was supposed to start. This was due in part to ********* not outright telling you what part it was you were looking at, not in the title, nor in the description/summary. For example, for part 3, ********* didn't title it "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3", they titled it more along the lines of "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders", and nowhere in the summary/description did they say that it was part 3. I had no way of telling through that site which title corresponded to which part. Because I didn't have a number telling me which order they go in, I was disoriented, so I picked one and hoped for the best. Now, I probably could've just looked it up or gotten help on what order I should've watched it in. I'm not entirely sure why I didn't back then, but one explanation could be that I'm stupid today, so I was probably even more stupid four years ago. But still, it's probably not entirely my fault, since this could've been avoided in the first place if ********* would've made it clear in the title or description, or both, what position in the series it is, without me having to rely on other sources. Before you try to rub it in my face that I shouldn't of been so stupid back then, just stop. It's in the past now, at least I didn't make the mistake a second time, it might not matter because there's a good chance I'll never get around to finishing the series, and I've already said enough.

But to elaborate more on what specifically happened. So I picked part 3 first... I watched it while being unsure if it was where I was supposed to start or not. This was in 2017. I finished part 3. It was alright I guess, but looking back on all the anime I've watched before and after that point, it's not my favorite by any stretch of the imagination. I then guessed which part came next, like I had guessed which one came first, both guesses being inaccurate. I ended up on part 1. I proceeded anyway despite it being obvious that it was in the past relative to part 3. I couldn't get past the first two episodes without getting bored of it. I dropped the operation until further notice. Or until... about a year ago, or at least a few months ago. I then decided to get my shit together and learn which part is which and what order they go in. I was willing to give the series another chance. So I tried part 1 again since that's the start of the series. I made it further, almost to the end of part 1 I think. I just no longer felt like watching it at that point as I had other things to do and other series to watch, it was at this point I realized jjba might not be my cup of tea if it had such a low priority. At least I enjoyed part 3 more than part 1, showing the series gets better when stands are introduced, though from my perspective, only marginally so.

The last point I want to make is that not enjoying the series that much isn't the only thing preventing me from giving it a third chance. I'm also reluctant to get into the fandom for a few reasons. For one, if I were a jjba fan, people would call me a gay **** sucker similar to how people already think I'm a lolicon just because I'm a Touhou fan. Joining these types of fandoms only subjugates me to more of those generalizations. Second, already been over how they're toxic. I'm already a bit toxic myself because of how the Touhou fandom assimilated me, but you already know there's several things I dislike about Jojo fans, so that's why I don't want to become one myself. However, if I do become a Jojo fan eventually and hypothetically it turns out the community is not as bad as I thought, then the other thing still stopping me is that I'm not that interested to begin with. After all, I didn't like parts 1 and 3, so how could I be a fan of something I don't like? Still, it could turn out that the rest of the series is better than parts 1 and 3, which I don't know for sure. There's still a chance I might try the series again someday because of that, just don't count on it.
bruuuuuhhhh

Back