• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Typhlosion vs Natsu Dragneel

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Why oh why do I love Pokémon vs Fairy Tail so much? Battle of two people who use fire to become stronger. Speed is equalized. Who wins? Post Second Timeskip Natsu.

Typhlosion-0
NATSU (DIFFICULTIES)

Edited? I'm still skepitical of 7-B Typlosion but I'll give it to the Volcano Pokemon for now via techniques such as Smokescreen and Rollout.

Both of their fire attacks become mute so it basically becomes a brawl so leaning towards Natsu since he should be the better fighter.

Also i'm disappointed this isn't charizard, battle of the fire dragons.

Natsu

He doesnt only use fire dragon magic, and has his combinations, as well as not being a mindless wild pokemon, he also has experience with these sorts of creatures which gives him the edge for me

Natsu godstomps Typhlosion. First of all his physical stats are WAY higher than Typhlosion's. Second his immune to Typhlosion's best attacks. Third Natsu is smarter and more skilled. Fourth, pokemon fight badly when there is no trainer to command them. Also,there is the experience factor. Typhlosion has never fought a human that powerful, skilled who uses techniques like that. On the other hand, Natsu has fought dragons, creatures above Typhlosion in pretty much everything. And there is one more thing. Verse equalisation work bad with pokemon. They keep all the weaknesses that they have, since that's their physiology, but their opponent's are not weak to elements or other types of attacks from the pokemon universe. There is nothing Typhlosion can do that would help it against Natsu. It is outclassed in all aspects.

Counting your vote, as most of it was good reasoning, but everything after the third point is downplay, no offense.

Panemorfos said:
Natsu godstomps Typhlosion. First of all his physical stats are WAY higher than Typhlosion's. Second his immune to Typhlosion's best attacks. Third Natsu is smarter and more skilled. Fourth, pokemon fight badly when there is no trainer to command them. Also,there is the experience factor. Typhlosion has never fought a human that powerful, skilled who uses techniques like that. On the other hand, Natsu has fought dragons, creatures above Typhlosion in pretty much everything. And there is one more thing. Verse equalisation work bad with pokemon. They keep all the weaknesses that they have, since that's their physiology, but their opponent's are not weak to elements or other types of attacks from the pokemon universe. There is nothing Typhlosion can do that would help it against Natsu. It is outclassed in all aspects.
-We're using post second timeskip Natsu. Both he and Typhlosion have City Level AP/Dura, so it would come down to speed, which we can't compare (As Typhlosion has Unknown speed). Overall, they are physically very much equals.

-Typhlosion's movepool is more than versatile enough to make up for him not being able to get STAB. Just because Natsu can't be hurt by Typhlosion's best moves, doesn't mean he can't be hurt by most of Typhlosions good moves. In addition, Typhlosion has access to some pretty haxed moves, like Detect (a move that will allow the user to evade an attack, under every circumstance).

-We actually can't say if Natsu is smarter or has more skill. The Typhlosion profile, as with all other Pokemon profiles, is supposed to be a Typhlosion at peak performance. This would include peak mental capabilities for its species as well, and Pokemon are consistantly shown to be quite clever when highly trained. So Id venture to say Typhlosion wouldn't be any less capable than Natsu, where the mind is concerned.

-Pokemon do not necessarily fight poorly without a trainer. I would like to know where you get this assumption.

-We also do not know what Typhlosion has faced before, so saying that it hasn't ever faced anything of comparable level to Post-Second-Timeskip Natsu-especially since there are a plethora of Pokemon of higher level than him-is misguided.

I still stick by my guns, and say that Typhlosion wins with some difficulty.

@ Kytygys15

Natsu is not City level but Mountain level at least in AP, after the second timeskip. Typhlosion isn't even city lvl. If it is it's only with Blast Burn and Eruption and Natsu is immune to those. In h2h combat, Natsu, a human(or demon) has a huge advantage against Typhlosion, whose body structure doesn't allow it to fight against an expert in the field, like Natsu. So, physically wise Natsu holds a massive advantage.

Typhlosion's movepool is swallow and and at best mediocre. What useful moves does it learn? It;s only good moves are fire type attacks(useless here) and solarbeam? Or hidden power something. Nothing of use here. Typhlosion is an offensive pokemon, defending isn't it's style, so moves like protect and detect are not gonna be used. But, even if Typhlosion decides to use any of them, they are useless in this battle. If Typhlosion knew leech seed i would say yeah, then it would be useful, but it doesn't. Also, Typhlosion has nothing to make up for losing it's stab moves. Focus Punch is useless without a sub up, Giga Impact and Hyper Beam are poor man's Blast Burn, while thrash and double edge only help typhlosion faint 1 hour earlier.

Natsu is more skilled than any Typhlosion and he has the feats to back it up. As for the intelligence thing, it is just laughable saying that a normal pokemon, not a legendary is smarter than Natsu, or any human for that matter. They are creatures that ten year olds go on and catch on a daily basis and you are saying that Typhlosion, a pokemon no different than your average normal pokemon is smarter than an adult human with years of fighting experience? Or that it is actually more skilled? Sorry, but i can't take that seriously. Even Alakazam, a pokemon that reportedlyhas5000 iq, can only bend a spoon with it's mind and it's actually trying hard to do it, instead of just doing it with it's bare hands. 5000 iq only to get enslaved by a ten year old, like seriously? And let's say it tags along with the trainer just for fun, it can't find a way for it's trainer to beat theleague? Or when it mega evolves it can't figure out how to beat a Mega Charizard X? And mind you, this is the reportedly smartest normal pokemon in the pokemon universe. Natsu is noted by many characters in the series to be one of the best fighters. I can't see how any Typhlosion, even Gold's, is more skilled than Natsu.

Pokemon only unlock their true potential, only by being trained by a pokemon trainer. That is why z-moves can't be done without a trainer, that is why mega evolution can only be achieved by pokemon and trainer together, that is why there are move tutors who teach pokemon moves it can't learn on it's own, that is why Greninja wanted to be with Ash, because it felt that it could reach it's greatest power with him. Now that i think of it, this is probably the gratest feat of pokemon intelligence in the entire series. Also, every time a pokemon didn't listen to it's trainer it either lost badly, or got nearly killed. Take Charizard for example, it didn't listen to Ash and it almost got killed by a Poliwrath. Pikachu almost got killed by fearows and spearows.

Typhlosion, without a trainer to travel with, is bound to stay in Johto. The most powerful things Typhlosion can face are Lugia and Ho-oh. Both of them leave in places typhlosuon would have no way of reachingon it's own and both of them own it.Celebi could most likely annihilate typhlosion as well and same can be said for Tyranitar, Entei, Suicune and Raikou.

Overall, there is no scnario in which Typhlosion can beat Natsu, even with Flash Fire.Natsu can just use the fire to boost his bare handed power (chapter 32), if there is a need to do so, since Natsu's flames are dragon flames and typhlosion might not be able to absorb them.

Again, I'll count your vote, but can you please stop the Pokémon downplay? Almost all of what you're saying is false or game mechanics, and Natsu is 7-B in this match.

@Panemorfos

Both Base Post Second Timeskip Natsu and Typlosion are in fact City level

Where are you getting all of those moves from? Typhlosion cannot naturally learn Solarbeam, Hidden Power, Protect, Detect, Leech Seed, Focus Punch, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Blast Burn, or Thrash.

Despite being known for their rage Typlosion are actually quite skilled in combat. A Typlosion is clever enough to use the heat that radiates from the flames on its body to camouflage itself mid-combat. Meanwhile Natsu is very "Attack first, strategize later", tending to rush head-first into combat without coming up with a plan of attack beforehand, though he has shown to improvise tactics in combat. Also, saying that all non-legendary Pokemon are unintelligent is just plain wrong. With Metagross being more intelligent than a supercomputer, dozens upon dozens of Pokemon having some form of precognition or telepathy, and instances of Pokemon being able to learn how to speak the language of human speech just because they can (No not Meowth, Slowking can learn it as well). It doesnt matter who catches them, they are still that intelligent. What does Alakazam having an IQ of 5000 have to do with physical capabilities?

Also, Voting Typhlosion High Difficulty for the reasons above.

Natsu easily 7B vs possibly 7B. His heat above typhlosion for sure become stronger while fighting Etc by the way i didn't remember natau use full power at base last time he one shot nienheart(power up) in base.

@Omega Every time Typhlosion gets hit by a fire attack it will be nullified and increase the power of his fire attacks due to Flash Fire, so he will be getting stronger as the fight continues as well.

Wow, these are really good reasonings. I think Type-Lotion for reasons above, really high-diff. Also, it can use Smokescreen to limit vision, Swift to home on Natsu, and apparently, it can cause explosions by rubbing its fur.

Can typhlosion nulified natsu fire? Natsu heat is strong enough to melt stell almost instantly and he can melt sand as well

Natsu fire can burn almost everything he already burn dimension/zero magic. etc.

smokescreen can't do anything went natsu can hear(1km+ away) and smell(example gray smell like his father etc) far greater than someone like kiba,akamaru etc

The temperature to melt steel is 2750 F, and the temperature to melt sand is 3002 F. Typhlosion's Flash Fire can nullify fire attacks from Pokemon like Magcargo and Camerupt, who use fire attacks that reach 18000 F.

Lightning? Can you show me scan?

Fire temperature base on move right? Example Magcargo use flame and other move that can can reach 18000 F does it has same heat?

Omega998 said:
Lightning? Can you show me scan?
Fire temperature base on move right? Example Magcargo use flame and other move that can can reach 18000 F does it has same heat?
Why would it not be the same heat?

The real cal howard said:
Again, I'll count your vote, but can you please stop the Pokémon downplay? Almost all of what you're saying is false or game mechanics, and Natsu is 7-B in this match.
If you think i am downplaying pokemon can you at least explain yourself and your thoughts? Just stating it like that means pretty much nothing. It's no better than me saying that you wank pokemon without giving any examples and explaining them. I have explained my reasoning, so now it's your turn.

Also going for Natsu since he's the better h2h fighter. If they can cancel eachothers fire attacks, Natsu can just boost himself with fire and hit harder.

^Ok, if I'm understanding correctly, Flash Fire boost attack by 50% when using a Fire type move? Your point is?

That's not flash fire at all, this is flash fire "Flash Fire makes the Pokémon immune to Fire-type moves and will activate when hit by one. When activated, the power of the Pokémon's Fire-type moves is increased by 50%. While subsequent hits by Fire-type moves will not provide further increases in power, the Pokémon remains immune to the moves."

You're missing the point, I said Natsu has an advantage because he can use fire indirectly to boost his striking strength, not use it on Typhlosion directly. And this was against someone that could completely neutralize Magic.

Fairy tail 32 19

This is the part where he rockets his arm forward by shooting fire from his elbow, yes? Might I ask pokemon pros, does Flash Fire absorb fire from sources not fired at Typhlosion?

I mean, technically, moves like Lava Plume and Heat Wave aren't directly fired at Typhlosion, so I guess. And Typhlosion can absorb punches boosted by fire, as he does the same to other physical fire moves (Flare Blitz, Flame Wheel, Fire Fang, Blaze Kick, and of course, Fire Punch)

@Pan. You've been explained it in several threads before. Remember Articuno vs Acnologia? For one, you're claiming that Pokémon are basically useless on their own, downplaying Alakazam (in which you downplayed one of the most powerful psychics by saying it's only 10-C) by using literally its lowest showing. Saying the greatest feat of intelligence was Greninja joining Ash, even though there's Arceus. Saying Typhlosion's only City level with Eruption, which is like saying Vegeta is only Planet level with Galick Gun, or SPC is only SS with the Perfect Kamehameha. Saying that Pokémon have unlocked their true potential when the opposite was said before, when the real reason they work well together is because two heads are better than one. Saying Pokémon is terrible with Verse Equalization even though Arceus is so OP due to his godly defenses in his Pokémon Type Plates. And assuming that they only keep their weaknesses instead of their resistances. Stating a ton of game mechanics. Like genius Pokémon (who don't even exist in that form in the wild) being enslaved by ten year olds (even though friendship exists. You're a FT fan. This should be a common theme.)) Etc.

A punch engulfed in flames != a punch boosted forward by flames (think jet engine kind of boost). Although technically both are flame-enhanced, Natsu's punch is just a physical attack, while the other uses fire to damage.

Ugh. I want to say natsu due to being able to eat fire, but I'm leaning towards typhlosion due to the reasons stated in his defence.

ScarletFirefly said:
A punch engulfed in flames != a punch boosted forward by flames (think jet engine kind of boost). Although technically both are flame-enhanced, Natsu's punch is just a physical attack, while the other uses fire to damage.
Thphlosion can do the save via Flame Wheel and Flame Charge

I'm still voting for Natsu but I want to point out the whole using flames to enhance his AP is not smart, If I tie a rocket to my arm and slam my fist into another person, sure I will probably hurt good but my arm will be broken as a result.

^That would be because your body cannot handle a propulsion of that scale. Natsu however knows what he can handle, which is proven futher by the fact that he was completely fine after doing that and that wasn't a single occasion he did that.

Back