• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Types of Resistance?

I was wondering, with Resistance, there should be types of resistance, such as:

1. Endurance where individuals have been visually afflicted by whatever they have been harmed by however still possess strength to power through it. (Hashladun Destiny 2) bathed in Fire, light, hydrogen, secrets, words, while harmed beyond reckoning, she managed to move herself out of of restrains and crawled back to her father)
  2. Tolerance level of how much one can take such as a gas or substance before succumbing either to effects, drawbacks, or even death, as there are cases in real life where sometimes more dosage required for larger entities. (Ex. Sherlock Holmes 2009 as he takes in many difference substances that are highly recommended not to be taken by his friend and doctor)
  3. Recovery where as there are individuals who can heal from conventional damage, may not be applied to other scenarios, where as this type of resistent healing overcomes various hax based effects like poisoning, life force stealing, etc.. Possibly Anti-Hax.
Thoughts

Last edited:
I can 100% see where the idea comes from, I had the same myself not a while back. Not against or for it, some may see it as unnecessary though.

Last edited:
Personally, I feel that the current Limited, Pseudo- and Minor modifiers work fine if people actually elaborate the resistances along with scans but I cans ee the merit of such an idea. Though, it would be quite the effort to implement.

Personally, I feel that the current Limited, Pseudo- and Minor modifiers work fine if people actually elaborate the resistances along with scans but I cans ee the merit of such an idea. Though, it would be quite the effort to implement.
I put an example for recovery in my post above.

for the Endurance type, i have a link on that here for example.

for the Tolerance, here is a video where you can find the time stamp at 1:32

I was wondering, with Resistance, there should be types of resistance, such as:

1. Endurance where individuals have been visually afflicted by whatever they have been harmed by however still possess strength to power through it. (Hashladun Destiny 2) bathed in Fire, light, hydrogen, secrets, words, while harmed beyond reckoning, she managed to move herself out of of restrains and crawled back to her father)
This seems more like Indomitable Will and maybe immortality type 2 than resistance tbh, since (at least according to the description you've given) the character is completely affected, but has the endurance to survive the effects
  1. Tolerance level of how much one can take such as a gas or substance before succumbing either to effects, drawbacks, or even death, as there are cases in real life where sometimes more dosage required for larger entities. (Ex. Sherlock Holmes 2009 as he takes in many difference substances that are highly recommended not to be taken by his friend and doctor)
This is just what resistance is rn
  1. Recovery where as there are individuals who can heal from conventional damage, may not be applied to other scenarios, where as this type of resistent healing overcomes various hax based effects like poisoning, life force stealing, etc.. Possibly Anti-Hax.
This is not resistance but healing, regeneration and/or resurrection depending of the context

You forgot to include unconventional resistances, but they're pretty rare anyways.

Back