• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Type 5 immortality for the gods of The Elder Scrolls?

I've noticed this new type of immortality we are using, this Deathless Immortality and it seems to me that it fits the TES top tiers (2-A and above) quite well. Admittedly I don't have many sources for this, but here's an attempt.

The main reason behind this being that fact that life & death are ideas under the authority of the Aedra Arkay. These concepts, at the earliest, only came about in the latter parts of the Dawn Era, the et'Ada existed before them according to the order of events (Time was the first idea to form). And it's highly unlikely that Arkay can force his sphere of life & death upon his peers.

Further information:

- In this book, the cycle of life and death is called the "Arkayn Cycle".

- This one talks about Arkay's Laws (death etc).

And here is the other source I will use: Spirit of the Daedra.

Here the Daedra outright state that they "do not die" or "fear death" and that upon destruction they are cast into the void from which they return. This is so ingrained in them that death is "beyond their comprehension".

This second source also implies that the Daedra sit outside the cycle of life and death as their experience after bodily destruction is completely unlike those of mortals.

Thoughts?

I agree here. It should be similar to how Aka's influence (time) only permeates through Mundus by default.

Next on my list is to make a thread suggesting all 2-A characters get their rating changed to Unknow. The more I learn about TES the more inconsistent and stupid it becomes with respect to 'power'. The current 2-A ratings have long been sketchy, derived from vague as hell lore.

But I'll leave that one for a while.

Wouldn't "At least 2-A, possibly higher" be better? The Daedra/Aedra have feats on that level (meaning 2-A), after all.

What 2-A feats? Right now their rating is based on some heavy assumptions. All the 2-A profiles TES has are roughly scaled from Akatosh, who supposedly embodies time throughout the multiverse (the nature of which is also poorly defined by the games). But this is all quite dodgy and it's never actually outright stated anywhere in the lore to the best of my knowledge, not to mention all of the contradictions.

And from a meta perspective, these entities are never treated as multiversal beings by the devs.

Peryite's feat you talked about in an earlier thread that would be better for scaling.

And the Aedra were capable of creating Aetherius.

SITHISIT said:
Peryite's feat you talked about in an earlier thread that would be better for scaling.
And the Aedra were capable of creating Aetherius.
The Peryite stuff is a little better than the Akatosh stuff, but even then it's pretty poor standard of evidence. I made assumptions about it also.

Are you sure about that Aetherius stuff? I've long been under the impression the gods were created in Aetherius, not that they created it.

I don't think the devs created the gods for the purpose of showcasing power. (As in showing their powers every chance they get) Occasionally they will display hax, but the main focus of the story (the game) is the hero/player. They're more like outside forces that influence the events of each era. What you want will require as i said a novel/comic to showcase their abilities and what's written in the in-game books. What we do know is the god hierarchy, what they embody/represent, and the realms they own/created.

If somebody writes a list of the exact titles of the pages that need deathless immortality added, I can temporarily unlock them.

However, you should message Sheoth to comment before changing any tiers.

I'll leave the tier stuff for later, gonna go over the lore a little more before that.

Here's a list of profiles for the immortality addition:

Akatosh

Arkay

Stendarr

Kynareth

Julianos

Zenithar

Magnus

Sheogorath

Hermaeus Mora

Boethiah

Malacath

Azura

Meridia

Clavicus Vile

Molag Bal

Mehrunes Dagon

Hircine

Nocturnal

Mephala

Namira

Peryite

Sanguine

Vaermina

Sithis

Anui-El

The one I'm not sure about is Alduin. And here is the addition I plan to make:

Possibly type 5 due to both existing outside Arkay's cycle of life and death and because of the description given in Spirits of the Daedra

Or do you guys think it is too long? I'm just trying to make things clear, as an issue with the profiles right now is that they lack justification for a lot of their abilities and powers.

Also Ant, I was wondering if the copy-pasting bug had been fixed yet?

I will unlock the profiles for you. Tell me here when you are done.

Placing that text in a parenthesis should be fine.

I think that there is always additional code inserted when copy-pasting with the visual editor active. It is best to use the classic editor, and check if code is inserted. If it is, you will have to remove it afterwards for each profile.

Yes, that is what I meant.

I will lock the profiles.

Back